Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she is... :sexywink:

I didn't know anything about a get together... I am guessing not though... I'm going to Pittsburgh too, so I'll be driving back Sunday, Neutral arrives into DTW then. Probably just do some laundry, pack my car again and head to the Palace...

ETA: :reject: I just saw Erised's post...

Last edited:
Beth, April, Lies....

I was thinking... there is a Best Western about 2 1/2 miles from the Palace.. closest hotel there...

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=23141

the rates are actually pretty reasonable ($65 a night + 8% tax). I was wondering, would anybody be interested in going in on a room for both or one nights, not for sleeping, but so that we can have a guaranteed bathroom for the middle of the night and a place to shower and clean up during the day? I dont know where you all live, but once I'm in Auburn Hills, I'm not coming back home til after the shows are done...

Then if we all have cars, we might be able to leave a couple of cars there anyway and not have to pay for parking both days? Just have one or two cars serving as a shuttle to the hotel and use the parking money for hotel money?

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Well, I went ahead and booked a room for the night of the 23rd and the 24th (with a request for late check out which should mean maybe 2:00 pm on the 25th) for $120.00 + 8% tax for both nights. If anyone is interested in getting in on the action, let me know. I'd say no more than 4-5 people so the hotel doesn't kill us.

I refuse to use porta-potties... :madspit:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Well, I went ahead and booked a room for the night of the 23rd and the 24th (with a request for late check out which should mean maybe 2:00 pm on the 25th) for $120.00 + 8% tax for both nights. If anyone is interested in getting in on the action, let me know. I'd say no more than 4-5 people so the hotel doesn't kill us.

I refuse to use porta-potties... :madspit:

If all you want is a room to shower, I think the Motel 6 where I am staying (2.2 miles away) is a better deal. My reservation is $40 a night instead of $65. Let me know if you are interested.

Hmmm interesting... I'll have to look into it. The only thing I would like better about the Best Western is that it North of the Palace and off the main road that the palace is at vs. The Motel 6 which is South and in a much heavier traffic area. I'll think about it and let you know.

The other thing is that I actually will not be staying at the room and will probably be coming and going at different times, so I'd hate to disturb anyone if they're actually trying to sleep :hmm:

Thanks! :happy:

ETA: Those liars at the Best western suck... 2 miles away my ass...

1: Start out going SOUTH on S LAPEER RD / MI-24 S toward MI-24 N. 5.2 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto CHAMPIONSHIP DR. 0.1 miles Map

3: End at 4 Championship Dr
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-1753, US Map

Total Est. Time: 7 minutes Total Est. Distance: 5.38 miles

:angry:

Last edited:
i am by myself, and will be using the hotel room for the exact same purpose as you, actually, and it is just me. no one else

I'm not going to the show on the 24th, but I'm taking the 25th off from work, so if anybody is camping out, I'll come out there on the night of the 24th and camp with you. Miro, if you do that and have the hotel room, I could pitch in for some.

romi said:
i am by myself, and will be using the hotel room for the exact same purpose as you, actually, and it is just me. no one else

So you won't be sleeping there either? :hmm:

*cancels Best Western Reservation*

I'll think about it... for that price I may just get one for Neutral and I... my boss is coming to join us in line for the second show so that's already 3 people...

:crack:

We will all receive a certificate in logistics by the time this tour is done with :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm definitely interested! I actually care more about the room because I'd like to be able to get down there the evening of the 24th and actually have some place to be while waiting for the show to end so that I can find friends and line up with them for the 25th. Not that I'd object to a shower though! :D

Last edited:
Bonochick said:
Yeah, I'm definitely interested! I actually care more about the room because I'd like to be able to get down there the evening of the 24th and actually have some place to be while waiting for the show to end so that I can find friends and line up with them for the 25th. Not that I'd object to a shower though! :D

cool. Shoot me an e-mail.
rg_3@juno.com

we could come up with a place to meet up... If split between three people, that will save me a lot of money (and take the sting off my rental car)

I have not gotten your email yet... damn you comcast, but count me out... I appreciate it though. I alone have 3 people for one of the dates, so we're just going to go ahead and get our own.

Thank you so much for the offer and the information though! :love:

Miroslava said:
I have not gotten your email yet... damn you comcast, but count me out... I appreciate it though. I alone have 3 people for one of the dates, so we're just going to go ahead and get our own.

Thank you so much for the offer and the information though! :love:

ouch! OK. Is bonochick one of your three?

Nope, she's all yours :sexywink:

I have neutral, my boss and I. Then my best friend and her husband are coming too, so really I have 5. :huh: Forgot about them!

Only neutral and I are camping though, so I'm just going to keep it as is and get the hotel room as my treat... :hmm:

And still no email... WTF? :huh:

Send me an email, romi! I'm in! :wave:

*edit* Just saw that you posted for me to email you...I will do that! :D

Miro, if you are neutral are camping out, sign me up! :D

Yay :hyper:

We'll be exhausted by the time you get us, but should be a good time nonetheless :dance:

*quickly erases number one written in thick black marker on hand*

Numbers? Who is issuing numbers?

:shifty:

You're not gonna spill are you? :madspit:

That's coo' I'm not spilling about my sign v.2.0

:macdevil:

:sexywink:

I work at a law firm...

I keep secrets and lie for a living :sexywink:

Last edited:
Guess we'll find out about each other's signs sometime around the 23rd or the 24th then :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

<--- Works in product litigation :shifty: :wink:

oh yeah, well I am a reporter trained to expose secrets. I trump both of you, whatever secrets you may have!

I have the world's mightiest little kung fu kitty at my disposal!

344%3C274%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A5%3D884%3Dxroqdf%3E232338%3B%3C24%3B%3A3ot1lsi

Ok, so it's not after two am and this is no excuse for a silly picture of my cat, but what the hell. :shifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom