Dec. 7, Civic Center in Hartford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hartford.

City of Nothingness.

Who's going?

We should meet at the 1/2 Door in West Hartford. They have tons of U2 in the jukebox. Or the Pig's Eye.

:wave: I and five of my friends are waking up in the early hours of the morning, skipping school and driving down from Boston for the GA line. Who else will be there?

Also, who knows anything about how the GA line will be run? And is there parking/food nearby?

You can park on the street, if you're up for a short walk.

There is food, but it's all sit down type stuff.

Hartford is a black hole.

I'll be in town for the show also I'll be in GA line. Let me know what's happening if y'all are going to meet somewhere?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
unforgettable fire are playing the ETS pre-show in hartford @ bourbon street

www.uf2.com

It's been years since I've been to Hartford, is Bourbon Street on Asylum Ave?

amerrydeath said:
:wave: I and five of my friends are waking up in the early hours of the morning, skipping school and driving down from Boston for the GA line. Who else will be there?

Also, who knows anything about how the GA line will be run? And is there parking/food nearby?

Do you have tickets, er, are you waiting in line for a GA ticket drop?

I'm probably going, without a ticket, in the hopes of landing a few tickets.

:(

Vauhn's Irish Pub on Pratt Street is having the U2 cover band 2U come on at 4 pm. I hear they're awesome. They're gonna empty out all the chairs for the band. Great pub food! Pratt Street is across from the Civic Center main entrance ( the bar is 300 feet away).
Mckinnon's Irish Pub on Trumbull and Asylum is doing ticket give aways starting at 4 pm. 30 second walk from Civic Center.

SSHHEEEESSHH!!

I hope the lack of enthusiasm on this message board for the Hartford show translates over to what little competition I will have tomorrow trying to get tickets!

:|

twochordcool said:
SSHHEEEESSHH!!

I hope the lack of enthusiasm on this message board for the Hartford show translates over to what little competition I will have tomorrow trying to get tickets!

:|

Hartford is the city of nothingness. Nobody actually lives in the city. Everyone drives in from surrounding towns.

I give a bleep!!!

I just want to get a feel for who's going, how pumped the place will be, and get an idea if I will walk away victorious with box office tickets before the show starts!

hartford is a turd, a frozen turd this time of year.
but i've seen u2 there 3 or so times, and the shows are always AMAZING! sound at the civic center is average, but it's like 1/2 the size of MSG or boston (only 14 or 15k seats). sad i'm missing them this year. if you haven't heard their last hartford show (6/3/2001) you need to - a great performance.
believe me, i lived in hartford for 3 years. the half door is the best bar, hands down. it would be a great bar anywhere, but it's a drive to the civic center. good beer, good food, nice people, VERY UK heavy jukebox. tell Spiro the bartender Craig says 'hi'.
Vaughans is ok, but it sounds like they're pulling out all the stops for a preshow party, and it is only a 2 minute walk to the civic center.
bourbon street is stinky, but unforgettable fire are a FANTASTIC cover band. definitely worth checking out.
another good bar walking distance from the civic center is The Standing Stone. good beer, irish themed - on Allyn st. i believe.
and don't forget pig's eye pub. the loudest house stereo/jukebox i've ever heard, and some decent beers.
have fun everyone, hope you can find your way around Hartford, 'New England's Rising Star!'
:wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom