Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to borrow this super high tech sleeping bag that's like rated for 20 below or something.

do these heaters run on batteries? i've only seen plug-in space heater type things.

i'm also curious about the car situation - is there anywhere near the line area to park cars so we can hop into them for short periods of time? that was a definite perk in chicago.

i mean, i don't care. i just got my GA yesterday and i will freeze my butt off and be very happy for it. :)

alexdescending said:
do these heaters run on batteries? i've only seen plug-in space heater type things.

i'm also curious about the car situation - is there anywhere near the line area to park cars so we can hop into them for short periods of time? that was a definite perk in chicago.

i mean, i don't care. i just got my GA yesterday and i will freeze my butt off and be very happy for it. :)

i was wondering the same thing about the heaters. cause i definitely need to get one.

i know there is a parking lot right across from the arena..but im sure you'll have to pay and whatnot..but thats probably the best place to park cause it's really close.

as ive told a lot of people who call me crazy for planning to stand in line, in december, in cleveland..
i will only freeze my butt off for U2 :)

the one i have is actually propane so you have to carry the tank too, not very convenient but hey if its cold it will be worth it.

parking: definitely not as close as Pittsburgh was (right smack across the street from GA) but there are alot of lots within a block or 2. i will try and find out where the ga line should form in a week or 2. (unless someone already knows)

Oh and just an aside... cold weather is finally arriving here in Cleveland area this evening. Yesterday it was close to 70...the low tonight in mid 20's with snow flurries. Ah well, I guess it's time.

BEVERLY56 said:
Oh and just an aside... cold weather is finally arriving here in Cleveland area this evening. Yesterday it was close to 70...the low tonight in mid 20's with snow flurries. Ah well, I guess it's time.

i know! i was out today and saw snow flakes...its so cold here now.
i just hope it doesnt snow on the 10th.

Between Cincinnati and Dayton here.

Anyone planning on tents? I have a pretty good backpacking tent but the fly is usually staked, without stakes it's going to flap in the wind.

Im kind of waiting to hear what the weather will be, before deciding what time to arrive...My old tent didnt survive Pittsburgh so I have to buy a new one before 12/10. Do you guys think a propane heater would be overkill? It would keep a whole bunch of us warm! only problem would be getting it back to the car at concert time (I can just drop it curbside when I arrive, then go park).

A heater outside of a tent would be useless. For inside a tent, CO2 would be a problem unless you use a catalytic heater designed for tent use.

Common sense items:

- Wear layers of clothing rather than one heavy layer.

- Stay away from cotton.

- Use air-activated hand, foot and pocket warmers.

- Wear head covering.

- No alcohol!

- Research cold-weather camping on the Internet. Not being prepared can make the experience very miserable, being prepared makes it more than tolerable.

Last edited:
BEVERLY56 said:
But seriously - Alcohol = Bathroom which is not good in GA.

if my friend and i get a hotel room, at the hotel right across from the arena...
i will be more than happy to allow fellow GAers to use our bathroom...
that is, if you're standing by me in line. lol

:)

Sounds great. That's my biggest concern!!! By the time they let us in in Pittsburgh, I had to use the bathroom so bad - - but decided my spot on the rail was more important. Once the concert started, I forgot all about it.

BEVERLY56 said:
Sounds great. That's my biggest concern!!! By the time they let us in in Pittsburgh, I had to use the bathroom so bad - - but decided my spot on the rail was more important. Once the concert started, I forgot all about it.

what time are you getting in line?
ive made it my goal to be a single digit number in line for this show. lol
oh god. im going to freeze to death...

Y'know Im really not sure. I am thinking if its really cold there won't be alot of people in line early, and maybe 7 or 8 AM? I camped out in Pittsburgh & was #7. The lady next to me at the rail got there about 8:30 AM and was #30-something and she ended up doing just as well as me. My camping out was a last minute decision though. What are you thinking?

yeah i was thinking a little earlier...maybe 5 or 6 am. but i think im just gonna check the line periodically...or im just gonna get in line super early and be first! lol i dont know yet.

dont be first - you'll have to be in charge! Actually after watching them organize it in Pittsburgh it isnt hard - you just have to have thick skin. Miroslava is probably lurking here somewhere - she'll be there before us for sure!

haha thats true. i dont really want to be in charge. i forgot about that.
i dont know why, but my goal is to be under 10. i guess after being #92 in line in chicago and #33 in detroit...i'd like to be a bit closer...just for the hell of it. lol

i have to start thinking of things to bring in line and such.

22 more days! :)

Did you get the DVD yet? I keep getting interrupted but Im about 1/3 of the way thru the actual concert. I watched the extras dvd first. I'm really excited for 12/10, but a bit worried because my husband is coming and he is not a big fan. Oh well, if he doesn't enjoy himself it won't be anyone's fault but his own!

BEVERLY56 said:
Did you get the DVD yet? I keep getting interrupted but Im about 1/3 of the way thru the actual concert. I watched the extras dvd first. I'm really excited for 12/10, but a bit worried because my husband is coming and he is not a big fan. Oh well, if he doesn't enjoy himself it won't be anyone's fault but his own!

Hey, could get him and my wife together, she's not a fanatic either. Actually, she's going to be by herself in Section 125 and my son and I have fan club G.A.'s.

I was wondering myself what time we should get in line. I think I have decided against overnight. I'm thinking somewhere between 6 and 8 am, after we have a good breakfast.

Miroslava's "Sexy Line Enforcer" days are hopefully over :happy:

It is not hard, it is just a pain in the ass...

Then again, I say this now...

I have no idea what my plans are, weather will dictate things. I have a hotel room for both Friday and Saturday night, so if the windchill sucks, it'll be the hotel for me :D

I am staying at the Holiday Inn. About .5 miles from there if I recall correctly, but hotels are a blur right now :D

BonoInAKilt said:

if my friend and i get a hotel room, at the hotel right across from the arena...
i will be more than happy to allow fellow GAers to use our bathroom...
that is, if you're standing by me in line. lol

:)

maybe they will have porta-potties (a la the United Center?) Or was that just us getting really really lucky?

Catlady said:

maybe they will have porta-potties (a la the United Center?) Or was that just us getting really really lucky?

i think we were just lucky at the united center. that was awesome of them.
they werent very nice in detroit...lol and i dont know how they will be in cleveland...but im just assuming they wont have porta-potties for us..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom