The Philly 1 Line Cutters (mother and daughter) - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 02:33 AM
The Philly 1 Line Cutters (mother and daughter)

haha who saw that go down? what were they thinking?

they cut directly in front of me and my friend. a thanks to the guy who spotted that and gave me a heads up. a thanks to those running the line who tackled the problem. and a special thanks to the 200 or so fans who made sure they would get hell if they wouldn't move.

i thought the whole thing was hilarious and i couldn't believe they were trying to withstand all that heckling and verbal assaults. how could they not respond to the argument that they had 321 on their wrists and were thus in the wrong spot in line!!! if you remember i actually asked her "What Bono would say if he came out here and saw this?" eventually security persuaded them to move. i can assure you their concert experience wasn't soo good

me: "i dont think you know what u2 is about"

woman: "how old are you to think you can say that"

me: " 21 ... old enough to know that it is wrong to show up and cut people who have been waiting in line since 8am and disrespect those ahead of you who have been here since 1am, ill go to sleep tonight and have had a great time, i dont think youll go to sleep as well tonight"

Old 05-16-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:33 AM
nice! njelevation. We noticed there were people out of order in front of us as well, but it wasn't quite as much difference in the numbers, so we let it slide. A few we just inched up and got in front of, figuring if they said something that we would just show them our numbers and prove we were in the right anyhow lol. Good for you for not letting them get away with it.

Old 05-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #3
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:33 AM
Good for you. This old man cut in front of me and my sister. He said, "You probably noticed I cut in front of you but I'm 82 years old and have been here all day and they wouldn't give me a number. I'm a WWII veteran and I wanted to see the baseball game but there wasn't one today so that's why I'm here." It was so ridiculous. I didn't feel like arguing. When the lady went to scan his ticket, it wouldn't go through, but they let him in anyway. I was just relieved he didn't get into the ellipse.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:33 AM
i dont understand how people can be so arrogant to think that for some reason they should be able to cut ahead of people who have been waiting for several hours

what goes through their mind to think they should be able to do that?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
Babyface

There was a couple that cut way ahead of us into the fanclub line on our way in. They didn't have fanclub tix but the other 2 in their group did so they just ducked the barrier and ran up to them.

During the KOL set they stumbled out of the crowd near the stage; the woman was either drunk off her ass or on a really bad trip. Her face was completely ashen and she clawed at my neck and arms with both hands trying to get to the railing behind me. She clung to the rail for a while and then she and her husband disappeared; I never saw them come back to the floor.

Karma's a bitch.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:17 AM   #6
Blue Crack Distributor

Re: The Philly 1 Line Cutters (mother and daughter)

Quote:
Originally posted by njelevation06
haha who saw that go down? what were they thinking?

they cut directly in front of me and my friend. a thanks to the guy who spotted that and gave me a heads up. a thanks to those running the line who tackled the problem. and a special thanks to the 200 or so fans who made sure they would get hell if they wouldn't move.

i thought the whole thing was hilarious and i couldn't believe they were trying to withstand all that heckling and verbal assaults. how could they not respond to the argument that they had 321 on their wrists and were thus in the wrong spot in line!!! if you remember i actually asked her "What Bono would say if he came out here and saw this?" eventually security persuaded them to move. i can assure you their concert experience wasn't soo good

me: "i dont think you know what u2 is about"

woman: "how old are you to think you can say that"

me: " 21 ... old enough to know that it is wrong to show up and cut people who have been waiting in line since 8am and disrespect those ahead of you who have been here since 1am, ill go to sleep tonight and have had a great time, i dont think youll go to sleep as well tonight"
i was a few feet back from ya on the line... that mother/daughter combo actually ended up about 5 feet behind me, despite being sent to the back of hte line. go figure.

no word on where the bald guy in the red elevation shirt who kept bitching about everything ended up... he tried to cut the line and got send to the back too. i had a good chuckle at that one.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:42 AM   #7
musicidalist

Weren't Stars and her mom at the Philly show?

Kiddin' kiddin'

But yes, line cutters SUCK and make me look like this

The big problem I found too is that often times, the people DIRECTLY affected (ie those directly behind the cutters) often dont say anything as it seems that "one or two people don't really make a difference"... but let's assume I am #100 in line and 10 people ahead of me allow a couple of people to cut in line cause "well, one or two people don't matter..." well, yes they do! Now I am number 120 in line....

Yes, I am an angry chick...
Old 05-16-2005, 12:49 PM   #8
Acrobat

Ok so it WAS the mother daughter combo I was thinking of. They were talking to my friend, and eventually moved over in another area *apparently behind you, Headache. When they were talking, their speeche was slurred and their breath smelled of beer heavily lol. Good grief.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #9
War Child

This happened to me in Chicago but I was too chicken to say anything. Some "beautiful people" whose numbers were at least 100 higher than mine (and written on the wrong arms--I wondered if they had really been in line all day or not) cut in front of me after they split the line. I was by myself and I am not a beautiful person so I was intimidated. Chizip & Co. were doing thier best to keep things/people in order but it was kind of anarachy once the lines were split. I wish I had spoken up...
Old 05-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #10
musicidalist

Catlady, what date was this on?

The nerve of some people

On saturday, once the U2.com line split up, it really was anarchy, and the numerical sequence was really not followed in that line... As I was kicking asses in the general area where I was standing (non U2.com line) people kept coming up to me to ask me to go get Chizip or Tim to have them handle things in other areas of the lines, but it was way too close to opening time and the dudes had already done more than enough, so I kept reminding people that they were going to have to take matters into their own hands...

Sorry you felt intimidated by "beautiful people"... they were obviously only beautiful on the outside...
Old 05-16-2005, 01:29 PM   #11
War Child

Yeah, it was Saturday. I totally admired you and Chizip kicking asses. You are right they were only beautiful on the outside.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

i wish i had known about that

cutters really really piss me off
Old 05-16-2005, 01:53 PM   #13
War Child

Yeah. Now of course I am full of regret I didn't make a fuss. It was sort of like being back in 7th grade with the cool kids being mean to me on the bus...
Old 05-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

they cut into the general line after we split the line into two?

nobody else saw this and got mad about it?
Old 05-16-2005, 01:57 PM   #15
War Child

It was the fan club line. I am not sure anyone but me would have known what was up...I only knew because I was totally scrutinizing thier arms. Remember it was so cold that day so they both had long sleeves on and it took me awhile to be sure. You and Miroslava were tied up with the other line...
Old 05-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

chizip the line nazi not doing his job
Old 05-16-2005, 02:04 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Catlady
It was the fan club line. I am not sure anyone but me would have known what was up...I only knew because I was totally scrutinizing thier arms. Remember it was so cold that day so they both had long sleeves on and it took me awhile to be sure. You and Miroslava were tied up with the other line...
oh ok, yeah there were some trouble makers in the fan club line

we tried to split it starting at the front going back, but i guess people realized what we were doing and people in the back started running up to the front of the new line

youd think people in that line would just be happy that they were allowed to go into a much shorter line, but there were a lot of jackasses in that line

i wish we could have split the line up earlier, but security didnt even know if there were going to be 2 lines until late in the day. i also wish the venue security would have done the line splitting and maybe there wouldnt have been as many problems, it really shouldnt be up to the fans to do that

there were a few people in the fan club line that realllly pissed me off.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #18
War Child

You guys did the best you could--a belated thanks for all your hard work on everyone's behalf.

Hey I am not a "babyface" anymore! I just noticed!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Heehee, that's funny. What the hell was the mom thinking?

I love that look on line cutters' faces like we owe it to them to get in front of us. It happened a couple of times in Chicago 1. During the first time, a huge guy was ready to beat the crap out of the line cutter. Next was this girl who had an innocent look on her face and a rehearsed explanation of why she had to get in front of us.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #20
musicidalist

There was that one lady in the fan line that is lucky to have all of her teeth...