Seattle 2 in U2 continuum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainChunk

Babyface
I was lucky enough to be at Seattle 2 last night. I am not a huge huge U2 fan, but still a fan probably more than most people.

This was my first U2 experience. It far surpassed anything I could have hoped for. It was so absolutly amazing and incredible that I have never been to a concert like it.

Here is my question: was it typical of U2 shows in terms of energy, setlist, and general fun? I know that the Vertigo x 2 was highly unsual, and I am still not exactly sure how I feel about it yet. Will this be one of those shows that people talk about during their future shows? e.g. "remember Seattle 2 from the Vertigo 05 tour? it was awesome!"

Thanks for any help from you more seasoned U2 experts. I can't wait for my next U2 show.

Last night was a special night in Seattle for U2 fans. This was above and beyond any performance they have given in recent memory. I have been going to U2 concerts for 20 years and this was one, if not THE BEST show I have ever seen them perform(11 plus shows) You were a part of something special!!:bow:

Seattle 2 was a good show but the crowds in Denver were much louder and more into the music.

Last edited:
buckman said:
Seattle 2 was a good show but the crowds in Denver were much louder and more into the music.

This just boggles my mind. I thought the crowd was just incredible last night at Seattle 2... the amout of people involved in each song and fun they were all having.

I have been to about 15 big name concerts (my usual ones being DMB and Pearl Jam) and I have never seen a crowd erupt like that when they hit the stage, it just blew me away.

Normally when I go to a concert, I get into my groove and rock out a bit, but I NEVER clap during songs or put my hands in the air and go crazy or ever sing... but honestly, last night there was no way that I could even stop myself. I sang louder and rocked out harder and clapped more than I ever have for any other concert. Is this the kind of emotion that would come over me at any U2 concert or should I chaulk that up to Seattle 2?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is therpy for me because I am still trying to wrap my head around what happened last night. Sorry for the spelling errors as well, college doesn't try to fix that problem. Thanks.

I've only been to one U2 concert, that was Elavation in 2001, so I can't answer your questions, but I can relate to how you are feeling. I know this sounds corny, but seeing them in concert is such an amazing experience, it really changed my life somewhat. Even if you are not U2's biggest fan, you can't help but get into their concerts.

A lot of their music is so recognizable, you can't help but sing along. Bono really knows how to get the crowd going, in my opinion he is the best front man of our generation. I can't wait to see them live again :yes:

CaptainChunk said:

This just boggles my mind. I thought the crowd was just incredible last night at Seattle 2... the amout of people involved in each song and fun they were all having.

I have been to about 15 big name concerts (my usual ones being DMB and Pearl Jam) and I have never seen a crowd erupt like that when they hit the stage, it just blew me away.

Normally when I go to a concert, I get into my groove and rock out a bit, but I NEVER clap during songs or put my hands in the air and go crazy or ever sing... but honestly, last night there was no way that I could even stop myself. I sang louder and rocked out harder and clapped more than I ever have for any other concert. Is this the kind of emotion that would come over me at any U2 concert or should I chaulk that up to Seattle 2?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is therpy for me because I am still trying to wrap my head around what happened last night. Sorry for the spelling errors as well, college doesn't try to fix that problem. Thanks.

i'm with you--it was absolutely overwhelming. the crowd were insane and the band were absolutely on fire. the most inspired i've seen them on this tour so far. I couldn't sleep for two days after that show :)

I stood up and danced and sang along and clapped and screamed throughout the entire show.
My friend, not a U2 fan- only likes 3 or 4 songs, danced and clapped and screamed until she hurt.
So U2 is magical for anyone.

Best of 5 shows for me

I went to San Diego 1,2, LA1, Seattle 1 and Seattle 2...and Seattle 2 was definately the best hands down. It was probably the 2nd best U2 I've ever seen going back to 1992 (out of 13 shows). To give you an idea, I had seats in the lower 200 level for Seattle 2 and I had as much fun as I did when I was in the Ellipse for opening night in San Diego.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input from you guys. It has helped me to process the experience a bit more. Although I am a bit conflicted about it. On one level I am totally thrilled that I was part of what sounds like a U2 experience that doesn't happen often. And on another, my future U2 shows have a chance to not be at the level that Seattle 2 was, but I know that they will be awesome on their own.

All in all, I am grateful and lucky that I even was able to get tickets for this show. I am praying that a good quality boot surfaces soon.

I hope I don't get addicted to U2 now because I have enough bands that I love already, but I don't think that I can get it out of my system. Thanks again all.

Damn,
I consider myself very very very fortunate and lucky to choose Seattle 2 as my first show then huh?

Trust me, U2 is addicting. I'm so going back to another show this year. I won't stop until I get a dance with Bono.

Back
Top Bottom