MSG 11/22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > Fan Experiences and Tour Photos
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2005, 11:29 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 07:01 AM
MSG 11/22

Just back from the show. It was great, and our seats were directly behind the stage, dead center - fantastic.

I never complain about U2 or the shows but I have to say it was a little disappointing the way it ended. I had seen the set list and 40 was supposed to close, I even was expecting a little Party Girl and was just really surprised it ended after Instant Karma... just not like them to not end in a bigger way... oh well, ces't la vie

In case anyone noticed, My Boy Larry was particularly upbeat tonite and many times waved to his left with more energy than usual. He even blew a kiss in that direction... which made me take a closer look and VIOLA! there is The Lady Ann... I'd say in about section 74.. little white tank top & jeans... anyone else notice or get a photo? She was smiling alot (who wouldn't smile alot if Larry was sleeping next to them every night). It was interesting to see him blow that kiss up to her... v. sweet.

Not many celeb sightings as usual tonite, all I got was Charlie Rose.

All in all it was a fabulous night, as usual. Can't wait to see some of the photos you folks in the ellipse may have taken, hopefully I'll be able to spot myself

Can't wait for Baaaasss-ton, it will be wicked fun!

Shine on...

Old 11-22-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:01 AM
i agree that the ending was abrupt. they were playing 'instant karma' with patti smith onstage, and it sounded great. then all of a sudden, bono grabs patti and they leave the stage. the rest of the band follows. we thought it was over, but then they all reappeared, did one more verse of 'instant karma', and then ended it for good.

i saw the setlist, and they cut "yahweh" and "40". i wonder why they had to get out of there so quickly??

it was a good show, but i personally think last night's was much better. but hey, it was still a fun night, and the band never really disappoints.

there were a ton of celebs in the ellipse tonight (i was second row in front of adam). Michael Stipe was right behind us during patti smith's set, as was Ali Hewson. Charlie Rose was in the ellipse, chilling over by the entrance (he was not rocking out, sadly). Jimmy Fallon and Helena Christensen were also inside the bomb shelter. Damien Fahey, an MTV VJ, was about 4th row in front of Bono- he was going nuts during the show. never really thought much about him, but i have a newfound respect.

oh, a funny moment came during Patti Smith's set, when she sang "because the night" to a small plush Gumby doll! very surreal...

it was a fun night- gonna miss U2 here in the city of blinding lights... 'til next time!

Old 11-23-2005, 11:08 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 12:01 PM
did the band do any greeting outside tongiht? We waited for a while but then we had to go...the way things work for me I am assuming they showed up abiut 5 minutes later....
Old 11-23-2005, 03:36 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:01 AM
I waited for nearly an hour, from about 4pm- 5pm. I guess it so cold and windy outside for the band to come out. It makes sense, but I wish they would've greeted fans outside anyway, since we were all freezing our asses off to see them!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by xmarcx
did the band do any greeting outside tongiht? We waited for a while but then we had to go...the way things work for me I am assuming they showed up abiut 5 minutes later....
There was no meet and greet they went right in around 6ish
Old 11-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Just curious to know if anyone happen to get a pic of the Irish Flag that was held up inside the ellipse last night?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by OOTSEY
Just curious to know if anyone happen to get a pic of the Irish Flag that was held up inside the ellipse last night?

I saw that didn't it say "Pick Me" was that you?
Old 11-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #8
The Fly

Local Time: 04:01 AM
just wondering if anyone got a pic it's fun to see stuff like that