Friday NYC show CRAZY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clerks

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Last night's U2 show might be the best I've ever seen... even Bono said it was CRAZY after the place was non-stop during STREETS. He kept saying it and a few others things I couldn't hear, but I think that's why we got what I think was the best encore this tour (at least most original and unexpected with WOWY closing).

The boys really love NYC... I hope Boston gets a week of shows next tour.

I mean, to appease the others as I call them who dare to live outside NYC or Boston, I hope Houston, Texas get 6 shows in one week.

:wink:

clerks said:
Last night's U2 show might be the best I've ever seen... even Bono said it was CRAZY after the place was non-stop during STREETS. He kept saying it and a few others things I couldn't hear, but I think that's why we got what I think was the best encore this tour (at least most original and unexpected with WOWY closing).

I mean, to appease the others as I call them who dare to live outside NYC or Boston, I hope Houston, Texas get 6 shows in one week.

show was amazing! I posted my pic in PLEBA :)

Show was great - one of the best U2 arena shows I have seen - to hear everything, I have to recommend earplugs for anyone else going. I heard every word this time and it was much more pleasant.

Anyone else think Keane was pretty damn good??

I agree with the earplugs...they filter out the sound and you could hear bono more clear. Excellent show. Sooooo much energy.

Keane was excellent...worth getting there at 8 to see them. I'm prob gonna get their album

ouizy said:
Show was great - one of the best U2 arena shows I have seen - to hear everything, I have to recommend earplugs for anyone else going. I heard every word this time and it was much more pleasant.

Anyone else think Keane was pretty damn good??

agreed show kicked ass! Keane was excellent and the sound was amazing. I :heart: the garden! Can't wait for Monday :hyper:

AMEN!!! AMEN!!! What a show!!!! Energy was unbelievable!!!! I have pictures that I guess I can post soon, but I don't really know how to do it, so if anyone has an idea that would be great. I am going to tonight's show as well, in fact I am leaving in about 5 minutes, so I will check this tomorrow.:drool: Yeah, being in the ellipse was surreal.

I was in Sec 336, row m, seat 1 by myself, but I didn't feel alone because all the great energy around me...

in fact this amazing girl in front of me danced all night long and had amazing energy... she really made it a good night.

MY REVIEW.....

Years ago I said to myself "One day I will see the biggest band in the world at Madison Square Gardens." At the time, I didn't know who the biggest band were until years later.

It took 12 hours (including connections) to get from Vancouver to NY, another 12 hours waiting in the GA line and 13 hours coming home after the show (including connections). 3 days without sleep....all for the biggest band in the world.

The opening band were a piano driven Brit pop band by the name of Keane. A great opener for U2. I enjoyed hearing songs from "Hopes and Fears". They warmed me up for U2 mentally, physically and emotionally. Their sound is a cross between Manic Street Preachers and Ron Sexsmith.

Even though I was the 49th person in line at 7:30 am I still didn't get inside the bomb shelter. However, I was on the outside railing as usual but this time I had a better view of Larry Mullen Jr.

U2 opened with "City Of Blinding Lights" a song tribute to NY. It didn't hit me until the confetti fell from the ceiling and I heard Bono sing, "Oh you look so beautiful tonight" as fan club members smiled at each other.

The band looked tired and burnt out and justifiably so, however, Bono still tried to give it his 100%. His voice crapped out a lot and was off key. The band had to compensate by playing songs such as "Pride" and "Streets" in a different key to compensate for Bono's singing.

No one goes to a U2 concert to hear Bono sing. Even Bono will admit that his voice is crapping out. He apologized during one of the songs and requested to start it over again. People go to a U2 concert for the feeling more than the song.

The Catwalk and the beaded screens were under used compared to the other days, however, the band compensated for that by throwing in some set list surprises such as "Fast Cars" (a rare U2 song that only the die hard fans would know), "Crumbs" and "Miss Sarajevo."

The best performance of the night was during "Miss Sarajevo" and Bono's attempt to sing opera. Bono's no opera man but the sentiment was appreciated. He also made the opera attempt in the middle of "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" in tribute to his father who was an opera man.

Underneath the Macphisto costume...I was crying during "Sometimes".

Being a U2 fan has been one of the best things in my life lately and I was happy to share it with my friends in NY...the city of blinding lights.

clerks said:

you are so right--it was insane! I turned to a friend after the second song and said, "this is going to be a wild night" and about 2 seconds later he was pulled up onstage (tattoo dan). It was awesome!

clerks said:

someone just sent me audio of 'streets' from 10/7, and here's what bono said right after that song:

Bono: "That's CRAZY! Oh my God... Can I borrow somebody's cell phone? I want to call my mother. This might be a good time, I mean to call my mother. I think she hears Madison Square Gardens right now."

bono talking about his mother... wow. :sad:

@isabelle guns :wave:

hey, I think I was beside you on that show. We had such a good time, especially during Streets :)

I'm from Germany and we met in the GA line and of course during the show and also after the show, we went for something to eat and drink with all the other nice people who shared the show with us.

Being a U2 fan has been one of the best things in my life lately and I was happy to share it with my friends in NY...the city of blinding lights

...that's true and was so lucky to share it also with you, this (i have to say it in German) -wunderbare- (wonderful) concert!

Back
Top Bottom