Winnipeg Petition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm totally disapointed that they have schedualed nothing for Edmonton and Calgary this time. Though It has forced me to do some traveling to Vancouver and Portland and hopefully New York if I manage to get tickets on Monday. A Winnipeg show would basically gaurentee that they'd stop in Alberta I would think. I'll sign it.

Hallucination said:
Only 2107 signatures. that won't cut it:(

This is only the third day it has been up. i dont think it is doing that bad. of course we will need more. Motley crue only had 4000 something and it worked. I would like to get around 10,000. i hope

thetitans2k said:
10000 is alot of people. It would be nice though!

I know its alot, but i think the arena holds something like that so it would be nice to get that many names as well. I know im dreaming I guess. We could do it I think, but it would take to long. how many are you shooting for thetitans2k?

Bono's Betty said:

This is only the third day it has been up. i dont think it is doing that bad. of course we will need more. Motley crue only had 4000 something and it worked. I would like to get around 10,000. i hope
Interesting. I had no idea the Motley Crue petition even had so few. In Alberta there weere pushing for the Crue big time with CJAY 92(Calgary), THe Bear(Edmonton) and Zed99(Red Deer) all pitching in. I wonder how many they got all together. It obviously worked cause Motley crue is coming to Calgary tiwce and Edmonton twice. I'm gonna see them in Edmonotn. So yeah anyways though the Edmonotn U2 petetion only has like 54 signatures. They aren't coming:(

Hallucination said:

Interesting. I had no idea the Motley Crue petition even had so few. In Alberta there weere pushing for the Crue big time with CJAY 92(Calgary), THe Bear(Edmonton) and Zed99(Red Deer) all pitching in. I wonder how many they got all together. It obviously worked cause Motley crue is coming to Calgary tiwce and Edmonton twice. I'm gonna see them in Edmonotn. So yeah anyways though the Edmonotn U2 petetion only has like 54 signatures. They aren't coming:(

I looked it up to see how many they got!!! :lmao:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?Calgary

check it out!!

The MTS centre holds around 15000. im shooting for about 5000 signatures. Thats the best we will ever do sadly.:sad:

thetitans2k said:
The MTS centre holds around 15000. im shooting for about 5000 signatures. Thats the best we will ever do sadly.:sad:

I think i will wait for around that number before i will do anything. I just heard that it was in Fridays Sun. It seems to be slowing down alot.:(

yah i it slowing down. I think that you should just send it in. Theres such a big gap on the third leg schedule that they have to fill it with something like Winnipeg. We should show them that we support them coming here.

I'm going to wait because a guy from CKY News is calling me tomorrow morning and if this gets on the news it might help out alot. I hope he wants to put it on the news. That would be great!!

They were going to the mts centre after here to talk to someone there. The news guy has also got in touch with Principle Management so they know about the petition. He is expecting a call from their publisist today!!!

Great work Betty! the more we get out about this, the better :ohmy:

I sent an email about the petition to my address book (about 200 people) and encouraged them to sign and forward the email to others. Hopefully that will get more names on the list.

This sounds great! hopefully they will have some of the principal managment answers on the news. Is it for sure going to be on tonights news?

thetitans2k said:
yes hopefully. MAro Chik are you going to Minneapolis?
Unfortunately, no. I'm a poor university student, so the only way I'll be seeing them is if they come here, which I'm beginning to feel more and more optimistic about. :hyper:

I missed the 6:00 one.

I caught the 11:30 one just now. They had an interview with Bono's Betty and Kevin Donnely of MTS Centre. He said that he hasn't heard a 'no' but he hasn't heard a 'yes' either.

I wanna say thanks to Bono's Betty for getting this all started and getting radio and TV involved. :up: If U2 decides to come, we'll have you to thank.

Someone just posted a link to the petition on the Winnipeg Livejournal community tonight too. :hyper:

Thank you for the support!! I would like to thank everyone who has signed!! I hope this works. I got the feeling that it just might. I cant believe you missed it thetitans2k!! Well it is good news that they havent said "no" yet. Jon Hendricks (the news guy) told me that he talked to Principle Management (didn't tell me what they said) And he is waiting to hear back from there publisist. I'm sure she was a little busy with the whole hall of fame thing tonight. Well at least we could say we tried. :)

Back
Top Bottom