Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Souly

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Right.

Who's going to the Toronto shows?

Who's going to be in the GA line?

ylimeU2 and I are going to the first two shows together and we've got GAs. The problem is that my first day of school is on the 12th. The school is about an hour away, and my classes end at 1:30 in the afternoon. We plan to have ylimeU2 wait in line during the morning, and come lunch time, she'll drive to the school, pick me up, and cart me back into Toronto. So my question - will someone 'save her spot' if she disappears for two and some odd hours and then comes back with me in tow? I'm assuming if she explains the situation, it'll be okay. I'm a bit worried, but people do tell me that U2 fans are reasonable, and generally quite nice. :D

52 days! :hyper:

I'll be there all 4 shows. GA for all.

Haven't yet decided what to do about lining up and so on. I work at Sick Kids so I may pop in and do some stuff for an hour or two and then pop back if worse comes to worst.

I'll be at the Friday (16th) show as well with a friend, both GA tickets... Can't wait.

Souly, people are generally cool about others leaving the line for a bit. As long as your friend is there most of the time, it should be fine. see you in Toronto! :wave:

:wave: I'll be there on the 12th.

Hopefully GA line will work like Boston!! Early morning bracelets and re-line up at 5. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Also looking forward to meeting lots of GTAer's I never get to meet at the Nov. get-togethers. I always have family obligations that preclude me from visiting one of my fave cities.

I'll be at the 12th show GA, even though I work right around the corner from ACC I won't be able to wait in line all day :( and I talked to a guy who got his tickets through U2.com and said most of the people with presale tickets would get into the bomb shelter.

Couldn't get GA's for night 4, but I got 100 levels none the less. Had tickets for nights 2 and 3 but sold em off. Can't wait for it.

one way out said:
I'll be at the 12th show GA, even though I work right around the corner from ACC I won't be able to wait in line all day :( and I talked to a guy who got his tickets through U2.com and said most of the people with presale tickets would get into the bomb shelter.

Couldn't get GA's for night 4, but I got 100 levels none the less. Had tickets for nights 2 and 3 but sold em off. Can't wait for it.

really, presale tickets do NOT guarantee you a space in the ellipse. about 1 out of every tickets gets in, and the later in the day you get there the more frequent selection for the ellipse is. i've never once been to a show where presale tickets=ellipse. at best, you wait in a slightly shorter line, but even that is not guaranteed.

I am going on the 12, it will be my first time. Some of the negative reviews have me a little worried that I have set some unreal expectations. Will I be dissappointed? I hope not, I have been a fan since the 80's but something always got in the way of getting to see the boys live. Oh well, I will be thrilled just to be in the same building as these guys! YIPPEE!!!!!!!

ulove2 said:
I am going on the 12, it will be my first time. Some of the negative reviews have me a little worried that I have set some unreal expectations. Will I be dissappointed? I hope not, I have been a fan since the 80's but something always got in the way of getting to see the boys live. Oh well, I will be thrilled just to be in the same building as these guys! YIPPEE!!!!!!!

I went to my first show in Philly back in May. Don't listen to all the complaining. U2 puts on a damn good show, you'll have a great time!

drumkeeran said:
Also looking forward to meeting lots of GTAer's I never get to meet at the Nov. get-togethers. I always have family obligations that preclude me from visiting one of my fave cities.

Glad you will finally make it!!

Watch for an inTO the Heart 2005 announcement shortly and try to be in Toronto on September 11th for a unique V3 launch party!!!

The 4 U2 shows will of course be the main events of the this year's festival but we are planning a few special parties of our own and our ITH website will be everyone's *tour guide* for all U2 events in Toronto during Vertigo Week.

:dancing:

www.intotheheart.com (will be updated soon)

I am going to th 16th, 17th show GA. Does anyone know the GA procedure for the ACC like where you line up and when you are allowed to start?

i got tickets for the 14 and the 16th but i'm hoping to stil get tickets for the other two if they release more the week of the shows. if not,,,i guess i'll be buying scalper tickets.

My wife and I are flying over from Birmingham, UK. It's her 30th birthday present.

16th Section 101
17th GA

Already seen them at Twickenham 18/06 and it was fantastic !!
Really getting exited now !

We've a lot to cram into 4 days with sightseeing so I can't see us queing up all day on the 17th.

What's the acoustics like at the ACC ?

ACC's acoustics for a hockey arena are surprisingly good.
I'll be there enjoying it the last night in Toronto from the GA's and hopefully in the bomb shelter.
Even more hoping would be either Pearl Jam or Arcade Fire opening.
I'm really interested to see who is going to oen the toronto shows as well as the rest of the third leg.

govikesU2 said:
I am going to th 16th, 17th show GA. Does anyone know the GA procedure for the ACC like where you line up and when you are allowed to start?

You line up at the Media door entrance which is on Bay St. Thankfully it is covered overhead so that if it rains, we stay dry.

Last time around they didn't have any rules about when you can line up. People did sleep out there. By the time I got there (around 7 AM), security was already present.

I have GA's for the 16th and 17th. I saw the much bashed May 7th show in Chicago and thought it was amazing, so I can't wait to experience a "good" show on this tour!

RB

Got GAs for the 14th and 17th, but I'll also be going to the 16th show, even if I don't have tickets yet... (I'll find one eventually, I'm confident). I'm going by myself, so hopefully I'll meet some of you in the GA line!

By the way, anyone here want to trade one GA for the 16th for either one GA for the 14th or the 17th? If yes, please e-mail me at e_lego@hotmail.com (would also consider a really good seat)

Anyways, I'm really excited! Even though I saw a few shows on the first leg, I strangely feel even more excited this time around:happy:

And no, you won't be dissapointed. You have to look at 'negative' reviews with perspective. First they are always a minority, and they often come from people who still think that U2 puts on the best show on Earth, but they can still be critical about it. Remember that U2 always has to measure up with the top: themselves.

There is nothing in this world like a U2 show. Nothing.

MY husband and I are travelling from Alberta to see the show. We are super excited! I managed to get Ga's for the Sat show. We hope to arrive at the doors at 7 am with tim hortons in our hand. We have waited a long time for this tour and this album and can't wait!

GA all 4 shows. I'm taking the week off work (screw it!) so I'll be hanging around in line with a few people.

Looking forward to it now!

The 17th for me!!! woohooooo!!

Section 101 row 15, just look for the only spanish guy(j/k) with a lot of gel in his hair!!!:crazy:

I will be there with my lovely girlfriend!!!

I saw madonna near the same section last year, section 103 and it was great, I don't like madonna much, but eh you gotta please the old gf, it sounded Excellent!!! She even had a ramp that came down and dang she was really close, so anyone in that section will have a NICE view of the boys!!!

Can't wait!!!

They'll probably make us wait around all day like last tour.

As for your sister, I think you'd have some trouble if she's far down the line, to be honest.

I'd think you'd be able to tell them you are waiting for your sister. She wouldn't be able to jump ahead, but you could wait for her to get there and then they would both give you wristbands to get in. I know of some people who did that on the first leg, just be nice to the wristband people.

Back
Top Bottom