Seattle is North America's last milestone to conquer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Not suprisingly, U2 sold out multiple nights in San Diego, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Boston within a few hours of going on sale.

Surprisingly, U2 sold out multiple nights in Phoenix, Denver and Vancouver within a few hours of going on sale. People said that the 2nd shows in these cities would "eventually" sell out. They seem to have sold out pretty quick.

At this time, we are 10 minutes from the first Seattle show going on sale. If they sell out 2 shows in Seattle quickly, that will be a true testament to how much more popular U2 are in the United States since the last tour. The single show at the Tacoma Dome during Elevation took a long time to sell out. Key Arena is a little smaller, but not much smaller. So I'm excited to see how this will work out. It's my opinion that Seattle is the weakest market on this leg of the tour. If they sell out 2 shows there, it will prove U2's popularity.

The_acrobat said:
Not suprisingly, U2 sold out multiple nights in San Diego, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Philadelphia, Boston within a few hours of going on sale.

Surprisingly, U2 sold out multiple nights in Phoenix, Denver and Vancouver within a few hours of going on sale. People said that the 2nd shows in these cities would "eventually" sell out. They seem to have sold out pretty quick.

At this time, we are 10 minutes from the first Seattle show going on sale. If they sell out 2 shows in Seattle quickly, that will be a true testament to how much more popular U2 are in the United States since the last tour. The single show at the Tacoma Dome during Elevation took a long time to sell out. Key Arena is a little smaller, but not much smaller. So I'm excited to see how this will work out. It's my opinion that Seattle is the weakest market on this leg of the tour. If they sell out 2 shows there, it will prove U2's popularity.

Indeed the band has not been this popular since 1992. By the way, most of these shows soldout within minutes not hours. Philly 1 was soldout 3 minutes after the General sale. Philly 2 soldout in 10 minutes after going on sale.

I was expecting single dates and slower sellouts for the shows out in the Midwest and Northwest, but to my total surprise these shows have all soldout incredibly fast, mainly in under 1 hour.

The sad thing about this is there are thousands of fans in all these cities that tried hard to get tickets and were unable to.

With this level of demand, the band should be playing stadiums, which would have a lower ticket price and mean that everyone that made and honest effort to get tickets probably would be able to.

Right now, I have over a dozen friends that don't have tickets to the shows in Philly. This has never happened on any of the tours before.

u2bigfans said:
seattle not even releasing tix.. no tix at all for the new show

Its on sale right now and its practically soldout. Only single seats are available now, just 15 minutes after going on sale.

STING2 said:

Its on sale right now and its practically soldout. Only single seats are available now, just 15 minutes after going on sale.

finally got some tickets.. :wink:

u2bigfans said:

finally got some tickets.. :wink:

where/when?

i got shut out for GAs on both Seattle shows, but scored some 104s for Sunday. Looks like I'll be hitting ebay after the frenzy ($$) dies down because there is no way that I won't be GA for Sunday at least (Monday too if lucky)

This is amazing. I agree they haven't been this popular since '92.

Some would argue HTDAAB is a part of that just like AB was for ZOOTV.

I would agree with that assertation except for the fact that this is the city they are playing in the NW. The lack of a Portland date draws that entire crowd north as well. The same goes for all the other dates. The fact of the matter is that they just aren't playing is as many cities this tour so each show draws from a larger region. Still, I think they are significantly more popular.

Back
Top Bottom