One Tree Hill Pre-Announcement Pre-Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does this conclusively rule out Sydney Arenas or could the Dome be viewed as the only available "indoor arena" at the time.

Depending on cheap flights (unlikely due to the games) I would probably go to Melbourne. :drool:

timothius said:
Does this conclusively rule out Sydney Arenas or could the Dome be viewed as the only available "indoor arena" at the time.

Depending on cheap flights (unlikely due to the games) I would probably go to Melbourne. :drool:

Well, I don't think so. A while ago, celticbhoy made a post that U2 will play two arena shows in Brisbane (I forget the venue he said), four at the Super Dome, and two at the Telstra Dome simply due to a lack of venue availability in Melbourne.

Now, I know he wouldn't post shit, but at the time it seemed a bit too early for that to be solid news rather than just a potential outcome for the tour. Maybe he was right though ...? :hmm:

So the rumours so far are?

21 February 2006 - Brazil
22 February 2006 - Brazil
2 March 2006 - Mexico City Foro Sol
16 March 2006 - Auckland Western Springs
17 March 2006 - Auckland Western Springs
24 March 2006 - Melbourne Telstra Dome
25 March 2006 - Melbourne Telstra Dome

I'm running on memory for the Auckland ones. I'm sure Axver will correct me.

Can we guess Sydney will be in between those dates? or not?

Last edited:
Shag On A Rock said:
So the rumours so far are?

21 February 2006 - Brazil
22 February 2006 - Brazil
2 March 2006 - Mexico City Foro Sol
16 March 2006 - Auckland Western Springs
17 March 2006 - Auckland Western Springs
24 March 2006 - Melbourne Telstra Dome
25 March 2006 - Melbourne Telstra Dome

I'm running on memory for the Auckland ones. I'm sure Axver will correct me.

Can we guess Sydney will be in between those dates? or not?

Yes, that's correct. I'm actually thinking Brisbane will fall between Auckland and Melbourne, if anything. Let's say the rumours of U2 playing four Super Dome shows are true - the 18th to the 23rd is not long enough for U2 to get over from NZ, play four gigs, and get to Melbourne. Two Brisbane gigs would fit, though.

I believe the rumours have always been Brisbane --> Melbourne --> Sydney. Shall be interesting to see how this pans out! Those Melbourne dates rock for me as I'll only miss a day of uni and I'll get the chance to check out the University of Melbourne while I'm down there (which is where I want to transfer to in 2007).

Guy's ,
when i was getting joe o'herlihy to sign a setlist saying 'to john from melbourne' he said to me 'we will be seeing you in march' !!
This was confirmed when i spoke independently to Dallas , Rocco and Stuart......the only downside was that it will be stadiums .
Having seen a few shows both indoor and outdoor this year i was hoping for indoor , only for the intamacy it brings etc..... But am just happy they're coming down under :)
While i was in ny , i also heard that michael coppel was in town tieing up the loose ends of the contracts with paul mcg.....

Yeah axver , i think your right ........
It was always the plan to go brisbane - melbourne - sydney.....
With Auckland strongly rumoured for March 16/17 , i'd expect to see brisbane March 20/21 , melbourne march 24/25 .....then sydney march 28/29 & april 1/2 ( if they do 4 shows in sydney ) !!

celticbhoy said:
With Auckland strongly rumoured for March 16/17 , i'd expect to see brisbane March 20/21 , melbourne march 24/25 .....then sydney march 28/29 & april 1/2 ( if they do 4 shows in sydney ) !!

This is getting exciting! :hyper:

If this Auckland/Brisbane/Melbourne idea works out, that's sensational for me, I'll only miss three days of uni at most. Then I'd just have to hope Sydney's friendly.

If it doesn't work out quite like that, ah well, that's what happens! Can't wait for the official announcement.

Arcadion said:

What about Perth :(

I didn't mean to rule Perth out, I just meant the rumours had had the east coast cities in that order.

If indeed they're playing Perth, by these current rumours, I'm guessing Perth will be early April maybe?

Shag On A Rock said:
There has been the odd bit off goss about Africa. I wonder if U2 will play Perth and then head over to South Africa?

:dreaming:

I was thinking Japan after Perth myself, but Perth --> Japan --> South Africa would be a bit 'choppy'. Maybe the fourth leg will start in South Africa? Then progress through the Americas to Australia/NZ then Japan? Or from Mexico, they could hop across to Japan and then down to Australia/NZ?

Hi! Sorry, I managed to lock myself out of my account for 24hrs, could log in, but not post (which Sicy has kindly fixed). It was funny watching you all go into a panic over that time. The floodgates are open now, and that Melbourne article should be all the semi-formal acknowledgement you need to feel 110% secure that it is happening, and I'd expect the whole formal announcement today or tonight depending on whether it's coming from Oz or Ireland/US.

On Sydney, put it this way, I haven't heard that it's not 4 x SuperDome. With Auckland and Melbourne probably using the stadium setup, that might have changed, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that. It is actually possible that they may be able to squeeze the stadium set up into the SuperDome as well. Remember they fit Popmart into Burswood. The SuperDome is larger than Burswood in sheer size (and the SuperDome is larger than most of the US arenas they've played in), but Burswood had the ability to majorly adjust it's seating configuration to create the room. The SuperDome can do this somewhat (much of the first section of seating is completely removeable) but maybe not to the same degree. I can't see them going to the effort of bringing both stage setups down here, so maybe we'll see a third hybrid set up, see Brisbane and Sydney go to stadiums, or get, in my opinion, the ultimate set up out of all the U2 shows on this entire tour anywhere in the world - the stadium show, in an arena (FUCK YES!!!).

Anyway, we'll know it all very, very soon.

Am I the only one who is going to miss getting these emails: :sad:
-----------------------------------------------------
Hello timothius,

Earnie Shavers has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - One Tree Hill Pre-Announcement Pre-Setlist Party - in the U2 Tour Dates forum of U2 Feedback.
-------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for keeping us all in the loop bro (yes you have been awarded honourary bro status, the highest honour for a non-NZer :shocked: ). :up:

timothius said:
Thanks for keeping us all in the loop bro (yes you have been awarded honourary bro status, the highest honour for a non-NZer :shocked: ). :up:

Yep, I'll second that, thanks a million, bro. :up:

celticbhoy said:

i posted in another thread that they would not be in the SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE till after the 15th - seems on the money to me . How many cities / shows do you think they can play if they had 4 weeks ?

Earnie Shavers said:
see Brisbane and Sydney go to stadiums, or get, in my opinion, the ultimate set up out of all the U2 shows on this entire tour anywhere in the world - the stadium show, in an arena (FUCK YES!!!).

Anyway, we'll know it all very, very soon.

YES! we get the ebst shows...is that wat ur saying?? Whoooooooo

so is brizzy in an stadium or arena? the arena is indoors right? where would they be playing?? help ( i am crap when it coms to this stuff )

Last edited:
Precious3 said:
so is brizzy in an stadium or arena? the arena is indoors right? where would they be playing?? help ( i am crap when it coms to this stuff )

From what Earnie said, it does unfortunately sound like Brisbane will get a stadium show. This is only unfortunate because Brisbane really lacks a good stadium venue they can use.

Lang Park is out due to noise restrictions (though I was told by their events manager this can be negotiated), the Gabba is out for the same reasons and that leaves us with ANZ Stadium, possibly Australia's worst stadium! Its very open and very stark. A terribley uninspiring atmosphere for a rock show (see Popmart 1998).

If indoors, it would be at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre in Boondall. That holds about 13 thousand me thinks.

I REALLY hope if it is stadium, they have worked something out with Lang Park as it is really a top venue these days. I've been to see a few soccer games there of late and everytime I go I image U2 playing there!!

OK, when this is announced, where will we expect to hear it from first?

Back
Top Bottom