News from the NJ GA Line

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
So the line up seems to be different this show than any other I've attended this tour...two lines are formed, one for u2.com OR presale tickets, doesn't matter which, and one for regular GA. The director of the venue told us this morning that the presale/u2.com line will go into the venue FIRST. Many of us think this is hard to believe, given that they usually let the two lines go in simultaneously. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. We did get wristbands this morning and they said that they understand that people will need to leave the line, but that they don't want a mass exodus because it will be too chaotic when everyone returns. So it seems that people are leaving in shifts. It appears to be pretty organized and laid back so far. Anyway, for what it's worth...

How many people are there already. Is either line bigger than the other?

I'll be heading over there in less than an hour.

J

there were about 60 people in line while i left, all in the presale line. look for me in line--i'm number 15. i just left to shower and should be back there by 1pm.

i have ga today and tommorow ... but i am gonna relax today and show up late, but ill be there with my pre-sale ga's tommorow bright and early :)

I have seats but I'm heading to get my tix from will call and hopefully see the band arrive in an hour or so

This is stupid. The old way was organized. What is this wristband # lineup? This better not happen this weekend at MSG or Wachovia or in Boston.

yes it was :crazy:

i would have been pissed if i had waited in the general line all day

yes this is the first time

and they allowed anybody into the presale line if you had your membership card, profile, or ticket said fan on it

i dont know why theyd change it for 1 venue

If they gave advance notice that this is how things will go from now on, I don't see what the problem would be.

There was a fan club line and a non-fan club line. They let the fan club line in first. Not sure how far back they went though. There was a little mixup on 5/18 as there was two lines before they opened the gates at 8am. One line said they were sleeping somewhere over at Giants Stadium, while another was started at the arena at ~5am. However, there wasn't any arguing so the the "Giants Stadium" line became the 1st line and the arena line became the 2nd (There was only 11 in each at the time so it wasn't a biggie). As it turned out, no one in the Giants Stadium line got into the Ellipse while basically everyone from the first arena line goto into the ellipse and was on the front rail.

They gave each person a wristband when they came, different color for u2.com and non-u2.com.
On 5/17 they checked the wristband number and where serious about it. On 5/18, they did it slightly differently since they 1st were only giving out wristbands to L-FAN tickets, but then gave out to everyone in the club, so they used the numbers on the hands for the 1st 38 people.

After going to the last two shows here is some things I've learned.

1. #1 in line isn't guaranteed into the ellipse. The person from last night though they were, and were just standing around waiting to get the ellipse bracelet. They didn't even get there ticketst and, and the u2 people just told her to get lost and go to the floor. She did get to dance on stage with Bono though, so I guess thats a plus.
2. You probably need to be <#60 in line to get a rail spot on the outside. However, if you are <#100 you can still stand on the lip on the outside, which is fine.
3. You position in line +/- 20 spots doesn't really matter. It will all switch up. If you're not going to be < #100-#150 in line, show up late. I noticed a lot more people getting into the ellipse later in the evening, but that could just be thats when more people were getting there.

Overall, I would rate the Meadowlands as successful with regards to the GA line. The venue itself however is a hell-hole.

Back
Top Bottom