MERGED --> u2.com - DATES IN A WEEK! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

poptart514

Babyface
We have been patient.. DATES PLEASE!

We have all been patient over the last four months+. Our prayers go out to the entire u2 family.

Many of us have blocked vacation and purchased non refundable packages. It is now July and still no confirmed dates. One of the major tour operaters ( ETS) is out of business and not a peep from the promoter or anyone from the u2 camp.

This is by far more than a disappointment. I have shelled out xtra $$ to rebook the trip ( having to guess when the concert will be).
No one here in US has teamed up with airlines to come to the u2 fan's aid( they did is Aust.) . I am so fed up if I could I would cancel the trip and to Europe to see Bruce and SSB - at least I could see more than one show. I just feel it is high time the promoter steps up and finalizes things and gives us fans some concrete dates. Hawaii is for most of us a trip of a lifetime. I am floored that there has not been any official annoucement regarding ETS and how fans can get their money back- they do have a direct relationship with u2.com. :mad:

todays Hearald had a note suggesting that they are going to annouce any day now...

its gotta be close...at minimun they would want to give people 3 months notice...esp in december when people are making holiday arrangements...

will be good news to see this week ...fingers crossed...

I am just tired of thinking that EVERY week with little empathy from the promoter . I understand the seriousness of the reason, but it seems a decision has been made and they can not finalize it for what ever reason and that is what gets to me esp. Since Bono back in March said announcement was coming as early as that Tuesday. Let's hope THIS week we do have confirmations and pple are able to rectify the situation with ETS, myself included.

check out the last entry at U2Weblog. the hair on the back of my neck is standing tall!

Val said:
check out the last entry at U2Weblog. the hair on the back of my neck is standing tall!

From u2log.com:

For months, we haven’t heard any news or rumors about the postponed Vertigo tour dates being rescheduled, but all of that is quickly changing. We finally have some tour information to share from a number of reliable sources.

Our friends at U2japan.com have learned that the Tokyo Dome has been reserved on December 14 and 15 for U2’s use. They report that the promoter and U2 management are locked on the issue of ticket price. U2 want to keep prices fair; the promoter wants to sell “premium” tickets. If U2 perform at the Tokyo Dome, it will likely be to fans all sitting in reserved seats because of Japan’s strict fire codes.

U2japan.com also has learned when and where U2’s stage set is to be delivered to their part of the world. An employee of the sea transportation company that will be handling U2’s set revealed the company expects U2’s set to arrive in Yokohama Port in September or October. If this information is true, it may mean U2 intend to rehearse in Japan before beginning the tour again in Australia and New Zealand in November (the current rumored tour commencement date) — or it may mean the first rescheduled dates will be in Japan — or it might mean nothing other than Yokohama Port is a common delivery point for sets and equipment.

We’ve heard from several sources that the tour route will be slightly different than originally planned, with Australia getting their rescheduled dates first, followed by New Zealand, Japan, and Hawaii. The show at Honolulu’s Aloha Stadium may be a New Year’s Eve show, which fits with the publication of a curious item at Ticketmaster.com on March 1. For a short time on that date, Ticketmaster.com listed an event at Aloha Stadium on December 31st for $1. When questioned about the event, Ticketmaster said it was a placeholder in the system for an event to be announced later. Even then, fans suspected it was for U2’s rescheduled show.

Perhaps the most interesting news we’ve heard is there may be additional concerts in countries that were not previously listed on the tour schedule and countries that have already been Vertigo-ed. Yes, that means the United States. Again.

Of course, we need to point out that all of this information could be rubbish, or it could be true for the moment and false tomorrow. Whatever the case, we like tour talk and are ready for more.

Not to rag on U2Log because I like them, but I'm not buying most of that item, and I'm usually very accurate in my radar on that kind of stuff (I said usually :wink: ). The only thing I wouldn't discount are the Japan dates/venue, that I can believe - the other stuff is mostly :blahblah:.

I don't know Pop Artist, I have a feeling that it's going to be right on to a large degree. Lets hope!

I'd like to know their sources. Basically, compare the "U2 definite for Soldier Field" thread with any post by Earnie Shavers and you get the idea; one may have some grounding in reality but turned out to be totally false, while the other is consistently accurate.

Pop Artist said:
Not to rag on U2Log because I like them, but I'm not buying most of that item, and I'm usually very accurate in my radar on that kind of stuff (I said usually :wink: ). The only thing I wouldn't discount are the Japan dates/venue, that I can believe - the other stuff is mostly :blahblah:.

I'm just happy to read anything that has something to do with the postponed tourdates.
Anything is better than nothing.
Rumblings better than silence.
Maybe I'm being whistful in thinking that if more rumors and more supposed dates get out, perhaps a more official announcement might come soon too.

Not sure how much of that entry I (want to) believe.
As they themselves end with: Of course, we need to point out that all of this information could be rubbish, or it could be true for the moment and false tomorrow.

I agree that the Japan info sounds the most believable.

Only time will tell if it turns out to be true.

I've just been thinking ... how does all of this slot together? Let's take Tokyo 14/15 Dec and Hawaii on New Year's Eve at face value - and we find ourselves with a big unresolved gap. South Korea perhaps? And where do the Aussie and NZ shows fit into this, before or after (after=2007!)?

But if we take Tokyo on Dec 14/15 and add it to earlier rumours, things seem to slot together better in my eyes.

Sydney: Nov 10/11/13
Melbourne: a third show too
Hawaii: Dec 9

So how do we work with that gap? Well, I believe I read U2's equipment is in storage in Sydney, so let's say they decide to restart there for convenience. I jotted this kind of itinerary together on the spur of the moment, using a city order that 'makes sense' to me and using transit times from the prior plan:

2006-11-10, Sydney
2006-11-11, Sydney
2006-11-13, Sydney
2006-11-16, Melbourne
2006-11-17, Melbourne
2006-11-19, Melbourne
2006-11-22, Adelaide
2006-11-25, Brisbane
2006-11-28, Auckland
2006-11-29, Auckland
(Mystery 10 day gap)
2006-12-09, Hawaii
2006-12-14, Tokyo
2006-12-15, Tokyo

Now, the mystery gap. That could just be eliminated through longer transit times between cities. Or it could be filled. Maybe a Perth gig? Extras in Adelaide or Brisbane? A visit to Wellington or Christchurch? How about Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines? Does South Korea fit in here, perhaps after Japan? :hmm:

(Now watch as my bullshit spur-of-the-moment "here's a possible but almost certainly totally wrong" tour itinerary gets spread around all the fansites as if it's fact. :wink: )

Would I be right in thinking these rumoured Japan shows are additional to the Yokohama gig or are they to be in place of that show? I think they're extras because why would they go and book another venue which would involve everyone having to buy their tickets again.
Didnt think there would be enough demand for 3 stadium shows in Japan, though.

Axver i think your imaginary tour schedule could be pretty close to the money. I did read on another forum that was on a non-U2 website that apparently U2 would be in Australia Saturday November 4. The source said they didnt know what city that was for but because his friend's uncle was "a promoter" that we could take this date "to the bank". I'm not so sure...

But what about this....

Nov 4 (maybe also 2nd show 5th or 6th) Brisbane
Nov 10,11,13 Sydney
Nov 16,17,19 Melbourne
Nov 21 Adelaide
Nov 24,25 Auckland

(insert here extra shows.... another new zealand gig? Any perth show which would be at Subiaco Oval would have to be before about November 20, as Pearl Jam are there November 25 and Robbie Williams Nov 30)

Dec 9 Hawaii
Dec 12 yokohama
Dec 14,15 Tokyo

ChargedVT said:
Would I be right in thinking these rumoured Japan shows are additional to the Yokohama gig or are they to be in place of that show? I think they're extras because why would they go and book another venue which would involve everyone having to buy their tickets again.

That thought crossed my mind too, but I think it's possible the Tokyo shows could replace the one in Yokohama. Keep in mind that on Lovetown, the rescheduled Amsterdam shows took place at a different venue in Rotterdam, so there is precedent for U2 playing rescheduled shows elsewhere.

Also, I too didn't think there's enough demand in Japan for three stadium shows. I guess we'll find out soon enough what the case is.

Didnt think there would be enough demand for 3 stadium shows in Japan, though.

Axver i think your imaginary tour schedule could be pretty close to the money. I did read on another forum that was on a non-U2 website that apparently U2 would be in Australia Saturday November 4. The source said they didnt know what city that was for but because his friend's uncle was "a promoter" that we could take this date "to the bank". I'm not so sure...

Hmm, interesting info there, and also, your schedule made me think - isn't there some rumour that Auckland might be 24 and 25 November? So here's what I began thinking:

2006-11-04, Perth
2006-11-07, Brisbane
2006-11-10, 11, 13, Sydney
2006-11-16, 17, 19, Melbourne
2006-11-21, Adelaide
(Maybe Adelaide on the 7th and Brissie on the 21st or 22nd?)
2006-11-24, 25, Auckland
14 day gap: Christchurch? Wellington? Singapore?
2006-12-09, Hawaii
2006-12-12, Yokohama?
2006-12-14, 15 Tokyo
Home for Christmas.

That mystery 14 day gap could be filled with something like this:

2006-11-28, Christchurch
2006-12-02, Singapore
2006-12-06, Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok or Manila

Miringeltje said:

Can't help it, but I'm thinking China!

I'm under the impression U2 can't play China, given that they support a free Tibet.

Thought I would throw this out to any who hadn't already heard:

From U2.com "the official site"

Tour dates within the NEXT week!
News just in: the previously postponed Vertigo '06 Tour dates are definitely being rescheduled an announcement confirming all details will be made 'within the next week'.

Word is that the final details on shows are just about in place and an announcement is on the way. As usual U2.com will be the first place to have the full story.

Great news from U2.com there! :hyper:

But why do they always write as if they're totally unsure of anything and have no contact with the band? Statements from fan sites always feel more definite and professional than those from U2.com. :|

u2.com - DATES IN A WEEK!

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1963

News just in: the previously postponed Vertigo '06 Tour dates are definitely being rescheduled an announcement confirming all details will be made 'within the next week'.

Word is that the final details on shows are just about in place and an announcement is on the way. As usual U2.com will be the first place to have the full story.

:hyper:

Carek1230 said:
From U2.com "the official site"

Woohoo!!!

I'm ready for it.

OK, here's my revised guess on the schedule, noting that U2 previously were scheduled for Fri/Sat and Tuesday shows.

2006-11-03 or 04, Adelaide
2006-11-07, Brisbane
(Possibly swap the above two, possibly a second date in one.)
2006-11-10, 11, 13, Sydney
2006-11-17, 18, 20, Melbourne
2006-11-24, 25, Auckland
2006-11-28, Christchurch
2006-12-01 and/or 02 - Southeast Asia somewhere (Singapore?)
2006-12-05, Southeast Asia somewhere (Kuala Lumpur?)
2006-12-09, Hawaii
2006-12-14, 15, Tokyo

That would be a nice schedule. Let's see how close it is. :wink:

Let's take bets on when the announcement will actually be. :wink:

I'm calling Friday, Irish time (i.e. while those of us actually waiting on the announcement are fast asleep Friday night/Saturday morning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom