MERGED --> u2.com - DATES IN A WEEK! All Upcoming Tour Dates Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sami0201 said:
OMG if they play ANY shows in the continental US/Canada.... :faint: Even if they just rehearse here!

I can already hear the comments and critism, if indeed more US shows have been scheduled. (US again?!)

I'm in the US and although I would love from them to come back here, we already had 2 legs of the Vertigo tour.

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:

I can already hear the comments and critism, if indeed more US shows have been scheduled. (US again?!)

I'm in the US and although I would love from them to come back here, we already had 2 legs of the Vertigo tour.

I agree, it would be great if they would play other places, and there would be a ton of criticism if they would come back here. But it's not like I wouldn't go if they did decide to come here. It's their decision, not ours. :shrug:

sami0201 said:
I agree, it would be great if they would play other places, and there would be a ton of criticism if they would come back here. But it's not like I wouldn't go if they did decide to come here. It's their decision, not ours. :shrug:

Of course I'd go too.

Axver said:

Well, the announcement came on the 10th and said "within the next week", so that to me means the announcement could come any time between the 10th and 17th - in other words, this coming Monday at the latest.

Pop Artist said:
I think Monday US time is the latest they can announce for u2.com to be accurate in saying within the next week. :)

I don't like terms like "within the next week".
They're too vague.
And so can be interpreted in different ways.

A week is 7 days.
Post on Monday - 7 days later : Sunday.
End of that week.
Monday start of new week.

But, of course the message was put online late Monday evening.
So if you look at it in hours, the announcement has to be made before the time the other one was made last Monday.

Pop Artist said:
And I think they will be doing this on a timetable for the cities affected by the original postponement so Monday is actually Sunday in the US. :D

I hope so.
The sooner the better.

Axver said:
Ha, I wish. I think they work on Irish time. All announcements in the past pertaining to Australia/NZ have tended to come while we've been asleep.

Awh! :hug:

Here's to hoping that this time will be different.

Although it would make more sense to

We'll know by Sunday morning (Syd) time - it will also be in the papers on Sunday.

Surely there is someone out there that knows already eg: worker at one of the stadiums or tour operators - speak up if your out there..

Miringeltje said:

I don't like terms like "within the next week".
They're too vague.
And so can be interpreted in different ways.

A week is 7 days.
Post on Monday - 7 days later : Sunday.
End of that week.
Monday start of new week.

But, of course the message was put online late Monday evening.
So if you look at it in hours, the announcement has to be made before the time the other one was made last Monday.

The way I have always understood "within the next week" is to mean "within 7 days from saying this", so I could say at Wednesday, 10am, that I will do something within the next week, meaning that it will be done no later than next Wednesday, 9:59am.

Let's hope U2.com have the same understanding. I can just see them coming up with some crap and holding off on dates for ages.

I'd also like some comments from reliable sources that we can take to the bank. :drool:

I'm remaining optimistic on my prediction of an announcement in tomorrow's papers, so if that's the case, I'd imagine a press release would leak sometime before or during the big rugby game tonight. Every ad break, I'm going to be running from the TV to my computer to check if there's been a leak. :crazy:

I take "within the next week" to mean anytime up to and including Sat 22nd July.

The announcement wasn't "within this week' but "within the NEXT week'.

I hope its made tomorrow in the Sunday papers though.

I still don't get what the hell the point is of making an announcement that you're going to make an announcement.

Shall I start making posts that I'm going to make a post?

Axver said:
I still don't get what the hell the point is of making an announcement that you're going to make an announcement.

:yes:

Axver said:
The way I have always understood "within the next week" is to mean "within 7 days from saying this", so I could say at Wednesday, 10am, that I will do something within the next week, meaning that it will be done no later than next Wednesday, 9:59am.

Yes, this is what I meant.
But of course, I wasn't able to write it down like that.

Shag On A Rock said:
I take "within the next week" to mean anytime up to and including Sat 22nd July.

The announcement wasn't "within this week' but "within the NEXT week'.

And that thought has crossed my mind as well.

Axver said:

Hehehe!

:lol:

One reason to make an announcement that you're going to make an announcement: it is a good way to increase traffic to your website!

Last edited:
Hey, guys, I'm just posting to let you know I'm going to make a post replying to Miri's last post within the NEXT hour!

< /U2.com >

Miringeltje said:

:lol:

One reason to make an announcement that you're going to make an announcement: it is a good way to increase traffic to your website!

VERY good point

Miringeltje said:
And that thought has crossed my mind as well.

I'm refusing to let it cross mine. :wink:

Ha, true!

Though, personally, I avoid U2.com. I figure that within minutes of any announcement going up there, it'll be all over Interference; or, more likely, the information will leak from somewhere other than U2.com first so I'll get it quicker here.

from u2log

8 weeks of Vertigo
Hurry up, U2.com. Announce those tour dates because a believable birdy told us the resumed fourth leg of the Vertigo Tour will last 8 weeks and wrap up by mid-December.

I've got a good feeling that this rumor might actually have some truth behind it

Axver said:
Hey, guys, I'm just posting to let you know I'm going to make a post replying to Miri's last post within the NEXT hour!

< /U2.com >

:lmao:

Axver said:
Though, personally, I avoid U2.com. I figure that within minutes of any announcement going up there, it'll be all over Interference; or, more likely, the information will leak from somewhere other than U2.com first, so I'll get it quicker here.

Yes, I should know better.
u2.com probably isn't going to be the first.

Pop Artist said:

Well I'm not a hacker but I've been checking out source code and trying article IDs all over u2.com, and nada. :p

I've been spending too much time trying to find the info at www.coppel.com.au and ticketek.com. I'm sure they have new pages ready to go..... :huh:

I got tired of checking u2.com too but now I have Right Web Monitor running to check for changes on the News page every minute (and u2log too) :shifty: http://www.right-soft.com/webmon/

I don't think u2.com will be the first either but I think once the dates really break, they will get an announcement up pretty quick confirming them like they did with the postponement.

Nightsong said:

I've been spending too much time trying to find the info at www.coppel.com.au and ticketek.com. I'm sure they have new pages ready to go..... :huh:

I got tired of checking u2.com too but now I have Right Web Monitor running to check for changes on the News page every minute (and u2log too) :shifty: http://www.right-soft.com/webmon/

I don't think u2.com will be the first either but I think once the dates really break, they will get an announcement up pretty quick confirming them like they did with the postponement.

I found the original pre-postponement Flash presentation with the old dates on coppel.com.au but I haven't been able to find the new one yet - their stuff is all Flash so they must have it ready to go...just what did they name it... :hmm:

I feel like going into a corner, sitting in the corner, and rocking back and forth muttering something about "dates.....damn dates....$#@!^%#*#@!....." :hmm: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom