MERGED-->MSG 11/22 Time Change + MSG 11/22 tues show starts 7:30 NOW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe they are doing a runner to Boston tonight after the show and have found that it is not that easy to get to the airport within 30 minutes in New York.

F'ing cabbies

:mad:

Actually I heard that they had to be on a plane for Canada by 12:00 tonight to avoid taxes. I believe they can only do a certain number of shows in a certain amount of time in the country and then they have to leave.

I guarentee they will run out of MSG tonight.

youtwohearts said:
Actually I heard that they had to be on a plane for Canada by 12:00 tonight to avoid taxes. I believe they can only do a certain number of shows in a certain amount of time in the country and then they have to leave.

I guarentee they will run out of MSG tonight.

Taxes? what would that be for?

The tax thing actually has to do with each state's rate. So not only do they leave the show and head directly to the plane, they do that after every US show to get to the next city for the next day so as to not be taxed in the state they just played in for another day...

I guess in essence if the band plays three nights in a row, it is feasible that they are actually in one city, or state (the middle show) for not even a full day...

Hmm I see. I guess making that much money in a night I should have assumed the government would be sticking their arms in there too.

They went from about 9:35-11:50 last night, so the 8:45 start tonight means they're on stage 50 minutes earlier.

I planned to get there at about 9:20 last night because i had to leave work late -- if they switched it up - i doubt i would have known and i would have missed the first 1/3 of the show. I would have totally freaked out. . .

It is the tax issue. For example, they do need to be out of US airspace by midnight, or another day of paying taxes rolls over. There was an article interviewing Paul McGuiness about this. U2 often fly back to Canada when they have 1-2 days off in order to avoid the bigger tax bill. More likely than not they will be flying to Canada immediately afterwards. I've seen a couple of times where Bono was at some public engagement in the US, but The Edge and Adam were in Toronto at their hotel the day after a US show before heading out the next day.

Whatever the reason, I was disappointed that they wound up playing fewer songs tonight then they did last night. I was there and was ready for 2-4 more songs after Instant Karma, especially after they left the stage at the end of the song. However, they came back on to play another chorus or 3 of the same song. I must say that for the last show in NYC I thought they would do better.

Back
Top Bottom