How hard is it to park at the Staples Center?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
on teusday night, i'll be driving to the Staples Center from downtown, but i won't be able to leave until 8:00 or 8:30 :yikes: . does anyone know how long it takes to park at Staples? should I buy a parking pass in advance from Ticketmaster or can i just roll right in and pay?

We've never parked in the Staples lot...we always park at a public lot on northeast corner of 11th and Figueroa...it's $20 and probably a 1 to 2 minute walk to Staples. We've never had a problem there and its easy in and easy out.

all the lots around Staples are pretty much $20. To park in Lot 3 - you need to have a Parking Pass, which you can buy in advance (I think) :shrug:

It's a pain in the ass. That's one of the many reasons I didn't want to go to Staples. Of course, I gave in. :wink:

I'm planning on parking far away and walking. I doubt I'll make it there much before 8, but I may get lucky.

There are a few parking lots only minutes away from Staples Center on Figueroa that cost only $10. I've never parked in the actual venue lot.

Coming that late, you might find it hard to find a close spot.

Although, I've been to Staples many times and have never had a problem finding a place to park in a lot. And yeah, all the ones around the arena are 20 bucks. It's pretty easy to get out afterwards, too. Unlike the Pond parking lot in OC which takes like, an hour..

good news guys, i'll be able to leave early, so i can get there at around 800. i guess it won't be so bad then but i still dont want to pay $20 :no:

I didn't have any trouble parking, but I got there at 5. I was able to park near an exit, so after the show I got out fast. Then I got stuck in traffic on the way to the freeway.
Since you're getting there late, it might be easier (and cheaper) to park in a public lot.
Since it sounds like you'll be driving a short distance, is public transportation an option? That would save a LOT of $.

oktobergirl said:
Coming that late, you might find it hard to find a close spot.

Although, I've been to Staples many times and have never had a problem finding a place to park in a lot. And yeah, all the ones around the arena are 20 bucks. It's pretty easy to get out afterwards, too. Unlike the Pond parking lot in OC which takes like, an hour..

That place (Anaheim) is HELL! I was only there for the U2 shows (both tours) and there is not even a sign in the parking lot so that if you have no idea wher you are, you can't find where you parked! And one of those times - when I finally GOT to a freeway, part of it was totally closed for construction. Good planning - close it off on a night when 17,000-20,000 people are in the area attending a show :mad: They routed us off the freeway thru Buena Park or something - 12:00am in a strange part of town. And I still had at least an hour+ drive to get home from there :grumpy:

Lila64 said:

That place (Anaheim) is HELL! I was only there for the U2 shows (both tours) and there is not even a sign in the parking lot so that if you have no idea wher you are, you can't find where you parked! And one of those times - when I finally GOT to a freeway, part of it was totally closed for construction. Good planning - close it off on a night when 17,000-20,000 people are in the area attending a show :mad: They routed us off the freeway thru Buena Park or something - 12:00am in a strange part of town. And I still had at least an hour+ drive to get home from there :grumpy:

the same thing happened to me on the last tour. part of the 5 was closed down and i didn't get home until after 1am. I have no love for the Anaheim Pond. Give me Staples anyday.

all the concerts I have gone to, including Staples, I have just bought the VIP parking thing, because to not have the hassle of going in and out is worth an extra $10 to me. It really does make a difference, even at Staples. If they're still available, buying that is worth it. Although tmonster charges you their stupid fees just to buy that as well.

Back
Top Bottom