Hawaii December 9th - Aloha Stadium, Part XVI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jessebean1 said:

Pearl Jam has planned two shows in Hawaii, originally they were supposed to be November, though (and that's what the tour program says, I believe).

But yes, I've heard lately that the PJ dates are going to be December. But I think everyone would be happer if they were separate shows, not a shared bill.

Well, the last show before that is November 25th in Perth - given a little extra time for travel, shows on December 1 and 2 would be on target.

I'm not buying most of that u2log item, and I'm usually very accurate in my radar on that kind of stuff (I said usually :wink:). The only thing I wouldn't discount are the Japan dates/venue, that I can believe - the other stuff is mostly :blahblah: .

Miringeltje said:

From u2log.com:

For months, we haven’t heard any news or rumors about the postponed Vertigo tour dates being rescheduled, but all of that is quickly changing. We finally have some tour information to share from a number of reliable sources.

Our friends at U2japan.com have learned that the Tokyo Dome has been reserved on December 14 and 15 for U2’s use. They report that the promoter and U2 management are locked on the issue of ticket price. U2 want to keep prices fair; the promoter wants to sell “premium” tickets. If U2 perform at the Tokyo Dome, it will likely be to fans all sitting in reserved seats because of Japan’s strict fire codes.

U2japan.com also has learned when and where U2’s stage set is to be delivered to their part of the world. An employee of the sea transportation company that will be handling U2’s set revealed the company expects U2’s set to arrive in Yokohama Port in September or October. If this information is true, it may mean U2 intend to rehearse in Japan before beginning the tour again in Australia and New Zealand in November (the current rumored tour commencement date) — or it may mean the first rescheduled dates will be in Japan — or it might mean nothing other than Yokohama Port is a common delivery point for sets and equipment.

We’ve heard from several sources that the tour route will be slightly different than originally planned, with Australia getting their rescheduled dates first, followed by New Zealand, Japan, and Hawaii. The show at Honolulu’s Aloha Stadium may be a New Year’s Eve show, which fits with the publication of a curious item at Ticketmaster.com on March 1. For a short time on that date, Ticketmaster.com listed an event at Aloha Stadium on December 31st for $1. When questioned about the event, Ticketmaster said it was a placeholder in the system for an event to be announced later. Even then, fans suspected it was for U2’s rescheduled show.

Perhaps the most interesting news we’ve heard is there may be additional concerts in countries that were not previously listed on the tour schedule and countries that have already been Vertigo-ed. Yes, that means the United States. Again.

Of course, we need to point out that all of this information could be rubbish, or it could be true for the moment and false tomorrow. Whatever the case, we like tour talk and are ready for more.

Pop Artist said:
I'm not buying most of that u2log item, and I'm usually very accurate in my radar on that kind of stuff (I said usually :wink:). The only thing I wouldn't discount are the Japan dates/venue, that I can believe - the other stuff is mostly :blahblah: .

My reaction:

Miringeltje said:

I'm just happy to read anything that has something to do with the postponed tourdates.
Anything is better than nothing.
Rumblings better than silence.
Maybe I'm being whistful in thinking that if more rumors and more supposed dates get out, perhaps a more official announcement might come soon too.

Not sure how much of that entry I (want to) believe.
As they themselves end with: Of course, we need to point out that all of this information could be rubbish, or it could be true for the moment and false tomorrow.

I agree that the Japan info sounds the most believable.

Only time will tell if it turns out to be true.

Interesting from U2Log, thanks for sharing it. I don't know what to say, I just want them to make some announcement and be one with it! This waiting is getting ridiculous.

Thanks for sharing - sounds interesting! :hmm: If they do a New Years Eve show or sometime around Christmas it will definitely be feasible for me! :D I don't know if those dates are realistic, but it's nice to dream!

Lila64 said:
I just saw the other thread - thanks for reposting Miri - I was just going to edit my post, but you were too quick!

Sorry! :hug:

ThoraSEB said:
Thanks for sharing - sounds interesting! :hmm: If they do a New Years Eve show or sometime around Christmas it will definitely be feasible for me! :D I don't know if those dates are realistic, but it's nice to dream!

A New Years Eve show on Hawaii sounds :drool:
(Too good actually)
Highly doubt it's true though.
But it's nice to dream indeed.
(even when you know it probably ain't gonna happen).

From U2.com "the official site"

Tour dates within the NEXT week!
News just in: the previously postponed Vertigo '06 Tour dates are definitely being rescheduled an announcement confirming all details will be made 'within the next week'.

Word is that the final details on shows are just about in place and an announcement is on the way. As usual U2.com will be the first place to have the full story.

Miringeltje said:
Maybe I'm being whistful in thinking that if more rumors and more supposed dates get out, perhaps a more official announcement might come soon too.

So it wasn't whistful thinking after all!!

Last edited:
TREV!! Thank you

trevster2k said:
From U2.com "the official site"

Tour dates within the NEXT week!
News just in: the previously postponed Vertigo '06 Tour dates are definitely being rescheduled an announcement confirming all details will be made 'within the next week'.

Word is that the final details on shows are just about in place and an announcement is on the way. As usual U2.com will be the first place to have the full story.

WHOO HOOO, this is the best new ever!!
dance2.gif

Today was rainy and sucky now I just wanna
blij1.gif

That's a cute smiley, Carmel! :D

It's definitely brightened my day as well. Even if I can't make it to Hawaii, I'm happy that the tour will continue! :happy:

ThoraSEB said:
Even if I can't make it to Hawaii, I'm happy that the tour will continue! :happy:

I'd like to ditto that!
I have tickets for the Hawaii show.
I'm still in the same situation as last time.
So no idea if I can go.
But that's OK.
I'm just very happy for all the people who live in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Hawaii that the tour will continue and that the new dates are going to be announced soon.

kellyahern said:
I predict they will make the announcement next week (because I will be out of town and away from a computer).

Kind of like, during setlist parties, the surprises would come after I went to sleep :wink:.

:ohmy:

Kelly is off to the beach for a week and look what happens!

Pop Artist said:

Well, the last show before that is November 25th in Perth - given a little extra time for travel, shows on December 1 and 2 would be on target.

The back of the Pearl Jam tour program lists New Zealand as having shows. These shows have not yet been announced, so i expect them to take place after the Australia dates.

I don't know, PJ in Auckland could be before Sydney too, the cities in the tour program appeared to be listed pretty much in the actual order of dates (except Brisbane and Sydney swapped dates). But, who knows? :)

I wonder what the dates will be?????

ThoraSEB said:
That's a cute smiley, Carmel! :D

It's definitely brightened my day as well. Even if I can't make it to Hawaii, I'm happy that the tour will continue! :happy:

Aww, thank you Thora...I really wish you could come to Hawaii. I hope that it is possible some way...Same to you Miri, you are such a big help around here. You both deserve to go way more than me:(

:hug:

Guess we could start listening to Star again... maybe they will start advertising a "big concert announcement on Monday" ;)

Miringeltje said:

:ohmy:

Kelly is off to the beach for a week and look what happens!

geez, we shoulda told Kelly to go out of town months ago!

:lol:

of course, i had exactly three months from the date of travel to designate new dates of travel in order to keep the ticket valid.

that expired.

yesterday.

:|

ruffian said:

of course, i had exactly three months from the date of travel to designate new dates of travel in order to keep the ticket valid.

I wonder if you couldn't have designated bogus dates, and later re-designated the real dates.

ruffian said:

geez, we shoulda told Kelly to go out of town months ago!

:lol:

that expired.

yesterday.

:|
Hi ruffian! Nice to see you :wave: I assume your home :hug:

Carmelu2fan said:

Aww, thank you Thora...I really wish you could come to Hawaii. I hope that it is possible some way...Same to you Miri, you are such a big help around here. You both deserve to go way more than me:(

:hug:

:hug: I think we all deserve to go to Hawaii! :D

I will definitely be there in December with my family, but hopefully I'll be able to re-arrange my itinerary to be able to include the concert as well. Thankfully we haven't booked the flights yet, but will probably be doing that in the next 2 weeks, so the announcement will come at a perfect time.

Crossing my fingers that they'll play a date within a week of my vacation time. :D

I was checking flights last night and so far not too bad....until of course once the announcement is made then all HELL will break loose on hotels and flights, right?!!!! At least my flight is already paid for and if we get a cheaper one, I'll get another airline credit! Just gotta hope a timeshare comes thru!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom