Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?!) - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From CNN.com
"Mariah Carey may have received much of the pre-show attention, but U2 was the big winner tonight at the Grammys"

not the most mature thing to do but....

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I got an email from the Oahu Visitors Bureau -new advertisement to visit Oahu - a pretend postcard touting the wonderful things to do on the island
(check out 3rd paragraph/last sentence :lmao: )
oahu.jpg

Miroslava said:
For the sake of her health, she better not

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

i know!!!

I thought it was a joke when her post said April 7th OR april 9th (since it's always been on the 9th) unless there is no second Japan show...

IF U2 ADDS A SECOND HAWAII show I might just crap my pants (after all the stress of worrying about it previously)

but I will not stop dancing until April if it's true!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone, we're watching the grammys now....just to recap..our local news channel 6 o'clock report did in fact have a report on the second show. The reporter said, as I remember it...."good news for you U2 fans, the band have reportedly agreed to a second show at aloha stadium, no definite date but it may be the 7th or 9th. Also no details on when tickets go on sale."

Don't know if any other Hawaii interferencers heard/saw it..Maybe tomorrow we'll hear from the promoter. I guess it's just a matter of time until the radio stations start the marketing blitz for the second show.

Aloha!

Thanks for the update

:combust:

Paul McGuinness must have been on the phone right away :lol:

nurse chrissi said:
I got an email from the Oahu Visitors Bureau -new advertisement to visit Oahu - a pretend postcard touting the wonderful things to do on the island
(check out 3rd paragraph/last sentence :lmao: )
oahu.jpg

:lmao:

I got the same postcard.

Ha ha, I'm definitely going to see O'ahu while I'm there to see U2. :wink:

ETA: Who's Alex anyway?

Last edited:
mobaby said:
Hi everyone, we're watching the grammys now....just to recap..our local news channel 6 o'clock report did in fact have a report on the second show. The reporter said, as I remember it...."good news for you U2 fans, the band have reportedly agreed to a second show at aloha stadium, no definite date but it may be the 7th or 9th. Also no details on when tickets go on sale."

Don't know if any other Hawaii interferencers heard/saw it..Maybe tomorrow we'll hear from the promoter. I guess it's just a matter of time until the radio stations start the marketing blitz for the second show.

Aloha!
Ack! I watched an old movie instead of the news today! Do you know what station it was on so I can try to catch the 10pm broadcast?

mobaby said:

Aloha!

ARE YOU FRUCKIN KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY COW, MAYBE THE BAND WAS REALLY WAITING FOR THE GRAMMYS!!!!

COME ON ANNOUNCEMENT!

:love: :D :applaud: :dancing: :rockon: :hyper: :dance:

nurse chrissi said:

That's beautiful Chrissi!

I was dancing around my living room I was so happy (I don't like Miss Carey)

U2 Upstages Carey With Five Grammy Awards :up:

(Now where do we get one of those Music Rising t-shirts like Edge was sporting?!!!)

Channel 9 just had another "good news for U2 fans on a second concert coming up at 10 after the grammys"

toperchris9...could you verify this for our off island friends when you see it?

What a great night! and its my birthday tomorrow.:dancing:

I'm on pins & needles. Lurking and watching the Grammys here in Hawaii (tho I know the outcome, of course!), and awaiting the news broadcast!

Last edited:
mobaby said:
Channel 9 just had another "good news for U2 fans on a second concert coming up at 10 after the grammys"

toperchris9...could you verify this for our off island friends when you see it?

What a great night! and its my birthday tomorrow.:dancing:

Yes! Keep us posted on what announcements you are hearing!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Fete08.gif

Woooooooohoooooooo!!!

What a great night for u2!!

Absolutely amazing.

All I have to say for now.
'Cause it has left me speechless.

Wow.
Double wow!
Triple wow (Bono TM)!!

topherchris9 said:
What the hell???
They just cut Larry off!:madspit: :censored: :rant:

I know... for that dumb-ass who drones on & on.... Larry could have talked about New Orleans!!

It's funny, I think that Larry did something while that dude was talking because the audience laughed and applauded and the dude looked to his left to see what was going on!

OK gang I am streaming the radio station and so far nothing but music that's giving me a headache, I really should go to bed. I am waiting for hearing an official announcement or teaser....something, anything.....maybe I will send another email to the radio station. Maybe they will answer me.:mad:

Weather is the top story on the channel 9 news. No teaser yet so far for second U2 show. Stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom