Hawaii, April 8th (and 9th?) - Aloha Stadium! - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tryan101 said:
I hate to think negatively, but a 2nd show seems less likely. given the pace of the ticket sales, I think they'd be nervous about a 2nd show perhaps not selling out, making the finale less climactic. sticking to one show would help ensure they go out with a bigger bang, so to speak. maybe it's still on or at least up in the air and I'm completely off base. hope so.

I agree completely with you. They took out the option on a second night at Aloha Stadium, but at this point they probably are leaning against doing it.

Maybe they'll add the second show some weeks from now, like in late February or the beginning of March. It will give them plenty of time to guage the market to see if there is enough demand.

Hawaiians are laid back and they may be more eager and buy tickets faster if the second show is put on sale with just a month or so before the show, well out of the time frame of the Stones show going on sale.

Well, as we have discussed too, there seems to be quite an overlap in the target market for U2/Rolling Stone tickets.

Given the prices for the shows, one would have to assume that "casual" fans of both bands would prefer to do one show of each band. So as someone else said, I tend to believe that if the RS concert gets announced so close to the U2 one, that pretty much nails the coffin shut on that second show.

:|

Keep in mind that 1 show in Aloha Stadium is the equivalent of two shows in an arena in St Louis or Pittsburgh or wherever. From that point of view, they've already added a second show, and now we're hoping for a third and fourth.

Oh well yeah. It is still a huge number of tickets sold and it sholud not be viewed as any sort of shame that it has "taken this long" for the show to sell out specially in light of the geocraphic/economic restrictions. But from the point of view of the U2 camp, I would think that they'd be hesitant to add a second show that is going to be a "slower" sell out than the first.

Them Irishmen are a lil vain :D

[radio]Foos! And not Best of You! About time for another song![/radio]

Miroslava said:
"Big concert announcement monday, we told you U2 was gonna blow your pants off, this will too :blahblah:

Tickets still available :blahblah:

There migth be a second show added :blahblah:

Keep it right here :blahblah:"
This really makes it seem like they WANT to announce a second U2 show BEFORE they announce the Stones show on Monday.

I'm definitely not giving up on a second show yet. It could happen today!!

Wouldn't it suck if the Stones added a second show and U2 didn't?

:mad:

Yes.it.would.

Then again, there might already be a lot of snow birds residing in Hawaii that would want to rock out to RS, no?

(kidding, kidding)

Miroslava said:
:mad:

Yes.it.would.

Then again, there might already be a lot of snow birds residing in Hawaii that would want to rock out to RS, no?

(kidding, kidding)

well, it IS a retirement destination, so the demographics align.

also kidding - those geezers still rock. doubt I could do it at that age (or even now come to think of it)

slap.gif

cleazer said:
Wouldn't it suck if the Stones added a second show and U2 didn't?

The last time the Stones played Hawaii (around 5 or 6 years ago) they did 2 nights at Aloha Stadium. The stadium was in "football configuration" so it could hold a lot more than the baseball configuration. The first night was just about a sell out, the second night wasn't close to a sell out. There is a rumour that for this tour the Stones are considering using one of Hawaii's arenas, which holds about 7,000, on multiple nights. This is what the Eagles recently did in Hawaii, where they did 4 nights at the arena. Top priced tickets for the Eagles were $250.

Sorry, I digressed. Keeping the faith for a second U2 show.

redsoxfan said:

The last time the Stones played Hawaii (around 5 or 6 years ago) they did 2 nights at Aloha Stadium. The stadium was in "football configuration" so it could hold a lot more than the baseball configuration. The first night was just about a sell out, the second night wasn't close to a sell out. There is a rumour that for this tour the Stones are considering using one of Hawaii's arenas, which holds about 7,000, on multiple nights. This is what the Eagles recently did in Hawaii, where they did 4 nights at the arena. Top priced tickets for the Eagles were $250.

Sorry, I digressed. Keeping the faith for a second U2 show.

The Stones were last in Honolulu in January 1998. They had 2 Aloha Stadium shows, but on that tour, the top price of tickets was $60, making it much easier to sell tickets than with the prices they are now charging, which go as high as $450 in some cities.

www.iorr.com is reporting Aloha Stadium for the Stones, so I doubt they will play at Blaisdell Arena. I think they will play only 1 Honolulu show, as the demand will not be as high as it was in 1998, due to the prices and that last time, they had had a 25 year gap since they had last played in Hawaii.

Miroslava said:
:lol:

Someone else asked me the same thing

Edited
To
Add

ETA: Watch Kevin try to make this comment out to be something about ooooooh how I had to be close to his breath to know about the Rum Buzz. No fucker, your breath is just that rum-ey.

:sexywink:

Damn, beeotch!

I would have seen the Stones when they were here, but who the hell could have afforded it, albeit at FACE. When they come back to L.A. in March, and if I can find cheap tix on ebay, I'll go. Otherwise, they've priced me out of the market. Guess they will have to fill up the arenas with well-to-do 50-60 somethings, and rich 40-something yuppies. :shrug: Sorry, I digressed...
zmisc0032.gif

Lila64 said:
I would have seen the Stones when they were here, but who the hell could have afforded it, albeit at FACE. When they come back to L.A. in March, and if I can find cheap tix on ebay, I'll go. Otherwise, they've priced me out of the market. Guess they will have to fill up the arenas with well-to-do 50-60 somethings, and rich 40-something yuppies. :shrug: Sorry, I digressed...
zmisc0032.gif

I think you'll be able to find relatively "cheap" tickets for the Forum show.

I only buy the lowest priced tickets for the Stones, if I buy them in advance. It worked out well for me at the Hollywood Bowl buying the $60 tickets and sneaking up closer. For the Anaheim stadium show, I paid $80 for a floor seat that cost almost $180 to the original buyer and then just moved into the $450 section, about 25-30 rows back from the stage.

As it has become tradition!

:dancing:
:danceslikearailskank:

Gorillaz!!

I love this song... reminds me of another song though... :hmm: :wink:

Even funnier than the rail skank dance though, is the Kevin, wave your baseball cap in the air and flair your arms like a dork dance :drool:

Miroslava said:
As it has become tradition!

:dancing:
:danceslikearailskank:

Gorillaz!!

I love this song... reminds me of another song though... :hmm: :wink:

Even funnier than the rail skank dance though, is the Kevin, wave your baseball cap in the air and flair your arms like a dork dance :drool:

Is that funnier than Miro's black helmet hair bouncing up and down (on the rail, of course), then stopping suddenly, and then snatching a guitar pick from Adam like a monkey snatches a peanut at a zoo?

:hmm:

I think not.

*Realizes it's no wonder she loves the songs by Gorillaz*

Last edited:
:hmm:

I'd say they're about equally funny... At least one of us got a guitar pick out of the dorkiness though... AND some Adam cooties :drool:

:makesoutwithpick:

See previous post.

You have a thing for Gorillaz, I see.

Any relation, peanut, er, guitar pick snatcher?

*makes out with self*

Are you one of those intelligent design people?

:tsk:

How exactly do you make out with yourself? Mirror? Kissin your hand? At 36 I would think you dont need the practice anymore

Last edited:
I am

I do it for the pleasure. Getting kissed by a guy like me (especially the way I kiss) can change a person's life forever. I am sure you'll take the bait on this one, too.

Lila64 said:
zmisc0032.gif

Same for me. I searched on ticketmaster when the Stones were going to play Tampa - $400 for one ticket :yikes:. I like them, but not that much :lol:

That baby is so creepy :lol:

And yet another mention of stay tuned, there might be a second show...

And which bait are you talking about Kevin? The one where I say "well, you kissed me and my life didn't change at all?" Nah. Too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom