Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info.

Maybe this will help me convince myself to stop refreshing for tonight.

Or maybe not. :crazy:

faithingrace said:
Expedia told me the same thing $100 per ticket and $25 for hotel and car each. This is with the cancelation insurance...cancel only no changes.

I still don't know what to do. If the new date isn't during Thanksgiving break or Christmas break I won't be able to go, so I could go and just have a Hawaiian vacation in April and forget about a U2 concert, although I would have rather seen a different island for just a vacation, but changing islands is going to be $350 dollars extra plus and differences in prices. Or I keep my fingers crossed and hope for a miracle in the fall and cancel April. But I know if I cancel April and it doesn't work out for the new date in the fall, my hubby will find some reason not to book another "vacation" to Hawaii. I had been hinting and looking for over a year now and the concert and April date were so perfect that I was able to convince him to go!!!:mad: Sorry for the rambling, the uncertainty and waiting is killing me!:banghead: :sigh:

THis is so confusing. If you had cancellation insurance, then you should be charged any fees for cancelling, and you should get your money back. Then you would be able to book at a later time if you so desired. Right? You should be charged the fees + the cancellation insurance. I mean, that's what the insurance is for :mad: :huh: And assuming you paid by creditcard, you can see if there are any policies they have in regards to the situation...

Re: Expedia fees waived

junebuglaura said:
faithingrace... are you a member of the zootopia yahoo group?

There is a member who talked to someone at Expedia and got them to waive all charges. She is telling people to email her and she can put you in touch with this very nice expedia agent!!

I haven't checked the zootopia postings at all. Do you have this person's email address or contact info? I cancelled my trip last week, so... I don't know if there's any hope in recouping my cancellation fees. :hmm:

ETA: found the post & sent her an email - thanks!

Last edited:
junebuglaura said:
Thanks for the info.

Maybe this will help me convince myself to stop refreshing for tonight.

Or maybe not. :crazy:

Well, it's after 5PM now in both Australia and Hawaii, so I think you can stop for the night anyway. :)

Re: Re: Expedia fees waived

Lila64 said:

I haven't checked the zootopia postings at all. Do you have this person's email address or contact info? I cancelled my trip last week, so... I don't know if there's any hope in recouping my cancellation fees. :hmm:

You should pursue this, Lila. Seriously. And I promise, if I hear anything I will certainly let you know. I get the digest version of the Zoo emails from Yahoo Group (there are TONS of them) and I scan them pretty fast. I am waiting to have another go with Continental Airlines.

^
^
Good point. I forgot to turn on my world clock and check the time in Sydney!

:)

Lila and anyone else who booked with Expedia:

I don't actually have the email address. In the yahoo group you can contact the person without actually knowing their address. The member name is nurse96780. If you join the zootop Yahoo group you can then email her.

I'm not sure what the exact situation is, but it is worth a shot! Really nothing to lose.

I am a member of that group - and I did a search for Expedia within the group and found the nurse's post. I sent her an email. An I don't have any more to lose, since I'm already out $350 - definitely worth a shot. Thanks for the heads up. And trust me, I don't give up that easily (though I haven't called Expedia back since the night I cancelled)

I would encourage anyone and everyone who is being charged any kind of a fee to speak up and persevere. Don't give up. It doesn't have to become a "battle", but when airlines are willing to announce they are waiving fees, I'd hope other companies like Expedia, hotel chains, etc. would also follow suit. ESPECIALLY in the case like mine where all we are waiting to do is find out the re-scheduled date and change our itinerary. Our airfares were $424, I find a $100 change fee for a paperless e-ticket we did online initially to be a bit exhorbitant.

Carek1230 said:
OK. Well a friend of mine got an email notice from Ticketmaster today stating her Hawaii tickets, 4 GA purchased in the Presale, were being printed and mailed shortly. The note also went on to say that the tickets can be used at the re-scheduled show, or could be turned in (exchange) for tickets with the new show date on them.

Now if that isn't positive proof that Hawaii's April 8th show is being re-scheduled, I don't know what is!

Very good news to hear:up: With this huge "kerfluffle" it is good to know that there will be a show and it is just a matter of time before we get word on the dates.
That also answers my questions about the reprint of the tickets. I hope TM just let's us hold on to the ones we have. That would make more since than trying to reprint and issues out new ones.

Lila64 said:

THis is so confusing. If you had cancellation insurance, then you should be charged any fees for cancelling, and you should get your money back. Then you would be able to book at a later time if you so desired. Right? You should be charged the fees + the cancellation insurance. I mean, that's what the insurance is for :mad: :huh: And assuming you paid by creditcard, you can see if there are any policies they have in regards to the situation...

Sorry for the confusing post. I don't have any fees if I outright cancel but if I want to change to a different island for the April vacation date then it is $100 per ticket etc. I'm not sure if we could get away in Nov/Dec. unless it is on a school holiday break (we are both teachers). So sitting on the fence right now.:(

faithingrace said:

Sorry for the confusing post. I don't have any fees if I outright cancel but if I want to change to a different island for the April vacation date then it is $100 per ticket etc. I'm not sure if we could get away in Nov/Dec. unless it is on a school holiday break (we are both teachers). So sitting on the fence right now.:(

is that the same fence Miri was sitting on a few weeks ago? :giggle:

Lila64 said:

is that the same fence Miri was sitting on a few weeks ago? :giggle:

:lmao: Good one, Lila!

I think that if there was a fence, all of us are off it now. Hopefully we'll all be able to go when the concert is rescheduled!

Hi :)

For those of you who are still going to Hawaii in April, and who would like to join the Lu'au on Saturday April 8.

If you have not signed up yet, please do so as soon as possible. The sign up will be closed on March 22. Payment will also be due on March 22.

You can sign up in the poll in the Hawaii Yahoo Group:

launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/zootopia_hawaii_2006/surveys?id=1521248

More detailed information about the Lu'au can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) database in the Hawaii Yahoo Group.

Have a nice day,

Hans

PS: We have a team to participate in the MS Society Walk, Saturday April 8, in the morning. If you would like to join:
geocities.com/onehonolulu/MSwalk.html

Ever heard of the 800lb gorilla, well, meet Herman the bunny equivalent...........for all you bunny lovers on this thread.

giantbunny.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom