Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone keeps talking Australia dates but I haven't seen or heard anything about the Japan and Hawaii promoters making any announcements, Tyann101 said they are different/local promoters. Anything? I have until April 4th to decide but sure would like to know.:mad: ggrrr...

faithingrace said:
Everyone keeps talking Australia dates but I haven't seen or heard anything about the Japan and Hawaii promoters making any announcements, Tyann101 said they are different/local promoters. Anything? I have until April 4th to decide but sure would like to know.:mad: ggrrr...

Yea..gonna have to sell my Sydney 1 tickets:sad: Just can't make another trip in November...but we're still going in March for a family vacation to see the koalas and kangaroos!:happy:

I'm praying they work something out for Hawaii...my second chance to see them, the logistics must be tough. There was an article in our newpaper that mentioned them considering keeping the stadium in one configuration from now on due to the age and condition of the stadium and the cost of changing it. Nov/Dec...it'll be in football config. So if they reschedule then, I guess the promoter or band will have that extra cost to change it for 1 night, assuming they even agree to that. I don't know....just hope it all works out.

Carmelu2fan said:
Does anyone know what the weather will be like in Hawaii in Nov/Dec?

it's always great!

I've been in december for winter break and new years and it was awesome... went to the water park and wasn't cold at all!

The weather in Hawaii is as follows (average)
Summer months May to October
Winter months Nov. to April

Winter days 78 degrees
Summer days 85 degrees
(night temps drop approx 10 degrees)

The "rainy season" is winter months when there is more rainfall

Hope that helps! :)

Pop Artist said:
Doesn't really answer anything, but this article just came up...just interesting because it includes December?

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Mar/13/br/br08p.html

thanks for sharing that! it would really be odd if they rescheduled everything else and not Hawaii, so I'm keeping the faith that everthing works out--for the band in getting through this crisis, and for the fans who haven't been able to see them yet or who have been looking forward to these dates for so long.

I very much think any December dates would be earlier in the month, the guys like to be home at Christmas/New Year's. I was checking prices and availability the first half of December in just exploring options and there are no price hikes at all.

Pop Artist said:
Doesn't really answer anything, but this article just came up...just interesting because it includes December?

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Mar/13/br/br08p.html

Nope, sure doesn't answer anything. I was just hoping it would. (I didn't hear the first playing of it.)

The only mention of December in that article is the headline. I think it is just the author speculating. I think I've had enough speculation for now. :|

Carmelu2fan said:
Does anyone know what the weather will be like in Hawaii in Nov/Dec?

November and December were beautiful this past year....beach on Christmas day.

These past two weeks have been very rainy....our island has flooded in some large community areas. April can be like this too.....November/December stadium concert is sounding better and better to me. Still crossing fingers and praying

Iwas going to the Japan show and have been following the main postponement thread, but I like this one better. More information, less drama. Maybe it's just that laid back "island attitude". That's one reason I love living out here in the Pacific.

I'm also wondering if Japan will be included in this rescheduling. If not I'll probably try to get into one of the shows in Australia (or Hawaii if they reschedule there)

I just noticed on Ticketmaster that there remains a listing for U2 at Aloha Stadium, and the date says "TBA". :up:

U2 is going to honor the 10 dates/shows that were postponed. They won't leave Japan or Hawaii off the schedule. We will all know in due time.

ramblin rose said:

Damn, that sort of sounds like a logistical nightmare for the Hawaii rescheduling. :(

I was thinking the same thing after I read the article... It doesn't sound like reconfiguring Aloha Stadium for baseball is going to be an option once football season starts. Even after the regular football season ends, there's still a bowl game at the end of December. Assuming the stadium will be in a football configuration for the rescheduled concert, how are they going to handle all the reserved seats that have already been sold for the show that might not exist or be obstructed when the stadium is set up for football? And then there's GA. They're probably wishing they hadn't sold all those additional GA tickets a few weeks ago. All the GA ticketholders will be crammed into a smaller space with the stadium set up for football.

Hey, I found a link to the concert configuration for Aloha Stadium when in the football configuration, but I can't post the link because I haven't made 15 posts yet. I suppose I could just tell people to type www and then add a period followed by alohastadium and then another period and then the word hawaii followed by another period and then gov followed by a / and pdfs and a / and then add concertf and a period followed by pdf

Maybe some kind soul would reassemble those parts and post the link for others to click.

Thank you for the weahter info everyone. I would like to specailly thank Cerek, your words have been very encouraging. I also believe they will not leave Japan and Hawaii hanging. I feel comfort in knowing I am not the only worry wart around here. I checked out your link adventuremaui and it looks like the football config does not effect GA. Am I correct? Pop Artist has removed a load of my stress also. I was worried about a price hike for booking around Nov/Dec but that does not look like an issue either. I have my credit untill Fed 2007 and was not charged a cancllation fee. Things are not as bad as I though it would be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom