Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one4u2 said:

:ohmy:

New Years, Hawaii, U2 :drool:

Triple priced air/hotels :|

While that first thought sounds nice in theory (not to mention December 31 is my birthday!), that second thought was my first thought....:|

Pop Artist said:

While that first thought sounds nice in theory (not to mention December 31 is my birthday!), that second thought was my first thought....:|

:lol: :yes:

**Rosa are you in the middle of reserving the dates already :shifty: *

Well, IMO the only thing better than the final Vertigo concert in Hawaii is the final Vertigo concert in Hawaii on New Year's Eve!!!:dancing: But the prices, ouch!!!! No Christmas presents for anyone!!!

BTW I just browsed vacation packages for that time period and they are a few hundred higher, but not unreasonable.:hmm:

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:
Didn't work for me either.

I think this was the other link, but I am often wrong:the words are blocked but it is at:
the online ticket store web site and click on U2 tour dates Japan box

Music Events
Please select an event below to view available tickets:

U2 World Tour - Japan Dates

Showing 1 - 6 events of 6 (page 1 of 1) (1 - 6)

Wed, 22 Nov 06
19:30 U2 - Osaka TBA
Osaka, Japan

Thu, 23 Nov 06
19:30 U2 - Nagoya TBA
Nagoya, Japan

Sun, 26 Nov 06
19:30 U2 - Tokyo TBA
Tokyo, Japan

Mon, 27 Nov 06
Tokyo, Japan

Wed, 29 Nov 06
Tokyo, Japan

Thu, 30 Nov 06
Tokyo, Japan

Last edited:
Well I live in "sunny" California and this has been one long, wet, cold winter. It is actually supposed to snow tomorrow. I bought my hubby a used, but spiffy red convertible for Christmas, and I am not kidding, we have driven it maybe 5 times, 2x with the top down and bundled up like the kid in Christmas Story. I swear every time I walk by that car in the garage it is mocking me. Hawaii with or with out U2 is looking rather attractive right now.:wink: bbbrrrr.

ramblin rose said:

Honestly, I'm already in for so much money that thousands more will not stop me now.

that is kind of where I'm at right now too - just bring it on now so I know what I'm dealing with - although the sept/oct makes a little more sense

hardest part is the waiting right now

i think six japan dates doesn't sound realistic, especially when they canceled the second one this time around.

i would love to go to hawaii anyway, but it's so hard to get away during the work season that i'm better off planning a trip when i have a couple weeks instead of just a few days--same for new zealand...but of course now i have spring fever and there's no place warm to go during my week-long vacation this week that isn't infested with college students! i thought I might go to LA but the weather looks crap! Supposed to warm up by the end of the week. Faithingrace, hope you get to take the car out more often!

ruffian said:
i think six japan dates doesn't sound realistic, especially when they canceled the second one this time around.

i would love to go to hawaii anyway, but it's so hard to get away during the work season that i'm better off planning a trip when i have a couple weeks instead of just a few days--same for new zealand...but of course now i have spring fever and there's no place warm to go during my week-long vacation this week that isn't infested with college students! i thought I might go to LA but the weather looks crap! Supposed to warm up by the end of the week. Faithingrace, hope you get to take the car out more often!

Unless they are playing arena's, several of which only have about a 10,000 capacity. There is the possiblity they may come back in November/December and do about 40 shows in Arena's instead of 10 shows in Stadiums in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Hawaii.

I could see 10 shows in New Zealand, 20 shows in Australia, 5 shows in Japan, and 5 shows in Hawaii.

5 shows in Hawaii at the 9,000 capacity arena they have there would definitely present some interesting options for those planning to see them in Hawaii.

This type of a tour reminds me of the Lovetown Tour. If the band don't come back for 9 months, they will probably want to do more than just 10 shows.

ruffian said:

Plus, all those venues would have to be domed because Japan is pretty cold in late November... Unless they are switching to arenas, hence so many more dates... :hmm:

ruffian said:

we have crap weather for a few days, then the sun is supposed to come out next week and the weather should be in the 60s. :hmm:

Nightsong said:
sorry I forget about the forbidden sites
Go to www.online ticketshop.com and search for U2 Or click on the first link and then U2 Japan tickets.
Hi! I found your post this morning, and then I remembered that someone in Zootopia had posted a link to this web site some weeks ago.

Unfortunately, I do not remember exactly when it was posted, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that these 6 Japan 'U2 concerts' were already online at that web site some weeks ago.

Together with the TicketMaser test event (Dec. 31st U2 concert in Honolulu) that appeared online some weeks ago, this is nice material for speculation lol

Take care,

Hans

I was thinking: Perhaps they could play 30 shows at 3,000 seat venues in Hawaii. They would sell 90000 seats that way and die-hards could see them 30 times!

BTW, Gotta love ticketmaster. Got an email today: YOU'RE TICKETS HAVE BEEN PRINTED!

WELL, FINALLY...NOW THAT THE SHOW IS POSTPONED.

:hmm:

bfloxng said:
BTW, Gotta love ticketmaster. Got an email today: YOU'RE TICKETS HAVE BEEN PRINTED!

WELL, FINALLY...NOW THAT THE SHOW IS POSTPONED.

:hmm:
Oh dear, that's terrible timing!

I just got a phone call a few minutes ago from ticketmaster telling me how to get a refund for my tickets.

cleazer said:
Oh dear, that's terrible timing!

I just got a phone call a few minutes ago from ticketmaster telling me how to get a refund for my tickets.

Soooo... what did they say?
Do you have to send the tix back?
Info on cancel vs. postponed?
DO TELL!

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your upcoming event. U2 Vertigo 2006 Tour scheduled at the Aloha Stadium on Saturday, April 08, 2006, at 7:30pm, has been postponed. The new date is to be announced. You may obtain a refund by following the instructions below for your applicable delivery method, however, we strongly recommend holding your tickets until the new date is announced. If you return your tickets for a refund, we will be unable to guarantee seating for the new date if you wish to attend once it has been announced.

If your tickets were being held at the box office Will Call Window, you may request a refund by contacting Ticketmaster Customer Service @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

If your tickets were mailed via UPS or regular mail, you may mail your tickets back to:

Ticketmaster
Attention Customer Service
U2 Refund
1000 Corporate Landing
Charleston, WV 25311

Please make a copy of the tickets for your own records before returning the physical tickets in the mail. Include the name & address on the account, your Ticketmaster order number, and a daytime telephone number in case we need to reach you. Ticketmaster is not responsible for tickets that are lost, stolen, or never received in our office. Please note, the $3.50 per order processing fee and any UPS delivery charges are non-refundable.

If you have any questions, please contact us online at:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/asktm.html

Thank you for using Ticketmaster. We appreciate your business!

Lovely. Ticketbastards do it again sticking the $3.50 order processing inconvenience fee per ticket to us. :sad: Especially when it took them SO DAMN LONG to get the tickets printed and sent out! I think they should pay US!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom