Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We went on the White and Teal one with the Outrigger Hotels logo. I know which one you mean though.

They were really great. Worth the $30.00 :up: and yummay on the drinks! :drunk:

And thanks again :)

techfire said:
No...thank you:sexywink:

Are you still in Hawaii?

Just got home today. I am killing about one more hour before I go to bed. I am flying on 3 hours sleep since 6:30 AM Hawaii time on Sunday... I wope up early, walked across Kapiolani park and walked up Diamond Head Road (the long way up) to get up to the crater and climbed that up. Then caught my plane at 5:00 PM Sunday and managed only about 3 hours sleep during my flights.

And thought you'd be excited Kelly :D

:lol:

It took me a minute to recognize them. At first I saw him and my first instinct was to think... :hmm: Which U2 show do I know this guy from :lol:

They were holding hands. :cute: If it had been Sawyer or Jack I MIGHT have stopped them :shifty:

Miroslava said:

It took me a minute to recognize them. At first I saw him and my first instinct was to think... :hmm: Which U2 show do I know this guy from :lol:

They were holding hands. :cute: If it had been Sawyer or Jack I MIGHT have stopped them :shifty:

I read somewhere that they're engaged :cute: (Dominic and Evangeline, not Sawyer and Jack, although that would be an interesting plotline :hmm: ).

Those cardinals at the golf course (from the flickr photo album) are really cool looking. I've never seen cardinals like that before.

Glad you made it home, where ever that may be, safe and sound.

Hopefully we can share a cocktail in the fall, if they ever announce the new dates that is. :bonodrum:

We shall. If I make it back to Hawaii. Which to be honest, I hope I don't. Cause that will mean I will have gone to Australia/NZ instead. :shifty:

Kelly, those cardinals are indeed pretty cute! Kevin went all National Geographic on one of them at Hanauma Bay. :lol:

Nice. I'd much rather make the Austrailia trip as well, but I can't resist another shrimp wagon lunch on the North Shore.

Get some sleep.

Miro had a celeb encounter, cool. Don't be so modest, people looooveee your pics.:heart:

I called your trip on the catamaran a booze cruise cause you went out on a boat and drank, therefore, it's a booze cruise to me.:wink:

Michelle, I hope you and Craig are feeling better. I have been fighting the flu since I returned, go figure.

Glad to hear you made it home safely, Miro.
:hug:

trevster2k said:

Michelle, I hope you and Craig are feeling better. I have been fighting the flu since I returned, go figure.

We are both feeling much, much better - thanks for thinking of us :)

Awww, I'm sorry you got sick! I hope your feeling better soon, too!! :hug:

It sounds like you guys had a great time! If I had booked my original trip for more than just the long weekend I totally would have gone anyhow...but it didn't seem worth it for just a few days...lotsa miles out of the 'ol frequent flyer account not to mention 9.5 hours each way.

That pic of you guys watching the DVD in the bar reminds me of the one below. This is me in a bar in Paris, utterly mesmerized and freaking out b/c they were playing the Slane Castle DVD (from 2001). Sorry for posting a non-Hawaii pic here but it just goes to show that we fans have a lot in common :)

Paris15.jpg

Miroslava did you get my totally hammered message from 4/7 on your cell? Since I couldn't see U2 I went to the Cubs home opener...not a day for amateurs....

:lol: I just saw your name and remembered "oh crap! I need to PM lisa and make fun of the drunken VM"

I woke up that day and remembered I had left my cell phone in the car overnight. Went and got it and had two drunken phone calls. Once from you and one from another friend claiming a friend of his was about to have sex with a dog. I liked your drunken VM lots better!

:hug:

trevster2k said:
Molly ( who was a killer dancer), Andrea, and Hans and Frounz, yes, Hans and Frounz, Netherlands, and Austria respectively. They had live music and played All along the Watchtower which drove us wild. I got back to my room at 4am. My voice was hoarse and I could barely talk, I woke up 3 hours later for a day of snorkeling and driving around East Oahu and the North Shore. I felt like I had been at a concert, so did a few others.
[/B]

Trevor! I found you here! yeah hooo!
did you see the photos from Hans from Tsunami's? hilarious!
I'm super glad you enjoyed my dancing- my feet were killing me the next day-not to mention my head...but it was worth it!!
doing all that drinking and dancing and then trying to fly in a helicopter at 8 am the next day maybe wasn't the greatest idea, but i survived!!

(this is Molly by the way)
i put some photos up at the flickr pool-will add more later!
ttyl!

So nice to read that everyone had such a good time here....even with the rain. :happy: (still a bit rainy but its making everything green.)

^saw your pics, looking forward to more and no, Hans hasn't let me see the tsunami pics. He mentioned them but he hasn't posted them but I asked him to email them to me.

HAWAII GIG 'TENTATIVE' FOR DEC. 9TH
April 27, 2006

Aloha Stadium manager Kenny Lum has told the Honolulu Star-Bulletin
today that U2's postponed Vertigo Tour concert has been "tentatively"
rescheduled for Saturday, December 9th. Still no official
confirmation from U2 or the tour promoters....
read the full story at StarBulletin.com.

http://starbulletin.com/breaking/breaking.php?id=4412

Thanks... FINALLY something from somewhere in the food chain, albeit tentative. I was getting worried that there was no talk at all.

Not the most ideal time, the week before would've worked better but I think I can make it work...

I dunno, given one is some unnamed "guy in Ireland" vs. the manager of Aloha Stadium, I'm gonna go with the Aloha Stadium manager... :)

:hmm:

Still too early to really tell, but as of right now, it is not impossible for me to make it to Hawaii, if the show is on the 9th or the 20th.

:hyper:

Can a moderator please lock this thread since we have passed the dreaded 500 plus a new thread has been started.

Thanks so much:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom