Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miro, please strike me from the list, as I won't be going. :shrug:
I owe a fairly large amount to the IRS this year.
(if only all those U2 shows I went to last year were tax deductible)

It is quite sad when someone had there heart set on going and then is unable too.:sigh:

Damn IRS:(

The Hawaii show should be the first Vertigo tour show on United States soil that will not involve a lottery since there is actually no enclosed area. With potentially 20,000 people on the floor, the line for General admission to get to the front could be very long and start very early. Naturally, some people will probably not even attempt to line up, without the enclosed area and the opportunity to be in it and have your entry into it saved each time you go to the bathroom or get food/drink, which should decrease the number who will line up.

Vertigo '06: Final Dates Postponed.

Vertigo '06: Final Dates Postponed.

It is with great regret that tour promoter The Next Adventure announces the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 tour. This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band. The effected dates are listed below.

'Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly', said TNA President Arthur Fogel. 'We will announce further details as soon as we have them.'

The effected shows, which are all sold out, are: March 17th & 18th, Ericcson Stadium AUCKLAND; 21st, Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre BRISBANE; 24TH & 25TH, Telstra Dome, MELBOURNE; 28th, AAMI Stadium ADELAIDE; 31st & 1st April, Telstra Stadium, SYDNEY; 4th, Nissan Stadium YOKOHAMA; 8th Aloha Stadium, HONOLULU.

We'll bring you more news on U2.Com as we get it.

:shocked:

My immediate reaction was something selfish, but a second later...

Wow, now this is a shocker! It's got to be pretty serious indeed, I certainly hope the family member recovers and gets well soon. :(

It is so sad that the tour has been postponed. :sad: Hopefully the family member will get better soon. That must be so awful for them. They'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Wow, shocking turn of events for the U2 family, hopefully they will recover and be in good health.:(

From atu2.com

Greg Terlizzi, a spokesman for Hawaiian concert promoter Live Nation, also says a new show date is anticipated.

Dunno :shrug:

I'm going to Hawaii!!!! plase add u2mex to the list, it is posponed now!! What happended!!! does anyone knows??
Got plane tickets, hotel and obviously GA concert tickets!! but what happened??

so if it is going to be rescheduled to Sep/Oct like I've been hearing, that's enough time to put in a 2nd show, right?

They will come out with a press release very soon then hopefully if they are infact postponing, new dates will be announced as soon as the arrangements are confirmed. And so, I will postpone my plans for the Hawaii show as well. Hope and pray and patiently wait. :wink:

Anyone here knowledgeable about cancer and it's treatment. Perhaps this is not an life or death moment but a difficult and trying moment where Edge and his family want to be supportive and help each other. Which in my mind would explain the rumours about the announcement of future dates. I can't see them announcing future dates unless they feel the present situation will resolve itself with a positive outcome. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks. Again, just wondering, I totally support this decision especially since a child is involved.

trevster2k said:
Anyone here knowledgeable about cancer and it's treatment. Perhaps this is not an life or death moment but a difficult and trying moment where Edge and his family want to be supportive and help each other. Which in my mind would explain the rumours about the announcement of future dates. I can't see them announcing future dates unless they feel the present situation will resolve itself with a positive outcome. I guess we will find out in the coming weeks. Again, just wondering, I totally support this decision especially since a child is involved.

One thing to keep in mind is that it may not even be Edge's daughter as the family member in question this time, rumblings indicate it might be an older U2 family member. I'm just waiting to see how the news evolves...

Assumption is that a child is involved. We may never know for sure, and I respect the band and their families for not wanting to go public if that is the case.

I have been wondering since hearing the news about the postponement when/if they would actually re schedule. There are a LOT of factors involved in doing that. Stadiums=sports=conflicts with available dates for a rock concert. I'm content sitting patiently waiting for the official release and any new dates. Whenever the new Hawaii date is announced (thinking positively it will happen) I will make the necessary changes and arrangements to be there.

Meanwhile, positive thoughts and prayers for U2 to get through this.

Ironically, I just put my Hawaii tickets on ebay earlier today (about 5 hours before the bad news). Perhaps now I'll be able to go after all. (or at least just get a simple refund on my credit card)

just called Expedia and cancelled :(
a few $$$ in cancellation fees. It's nothing compared to the news of an ill family member. Thoughts & prayers :hug:

Lila64 said:
just called Expedia and cancelled :(
Sad to hear, but I'm glad it wasn't a total loss. :hug:

Considering how much money some of us have continued to spend on U2 over the years, I think we must feel that we've come out way ahead on the deal, based on all the enjoyment the band has given us. If any U2 fans are feeling down, hopefully they'll consider that point of view.

Now, as for the subject of this thread, I'm wondering how a rescheduled Hawaii date might work. :hmm:

- there's a lot more money in Australia, so U2 have more financial reasons and more fans to take care of there, so they have a lot more incentive to reschedule that part of the tour, versus rescheduling just a single show in Hawaii.

- Let's face it, if the original date was a "slow seller", and many people won't be able to make the rescheduled show, you have to wonder how well-attended the new date will be. Is it possible that U2 go from an expected 2 shows in Hawaii down to 1 and then down to 0? (Hopefully not)

- I see people in other threads suggesting the tour will happen around the end of the year, after Aussie football or rugby (or whatever) season is over. Well, that's a problem in Hawaii, because September through December is when UH is playing football at Aloha Stadium. That means a whole lot of weekends are going to be taken up, and it also means that the stadium will be in football configuration, not the baseball setup.

- If U2 tries to schedule the show *before* football season, that could mean the show will take place before the Aussie leg of the tour, and then the Hawaii show won't be the final show of the tour that so many people had spent money on and planned to celebrate.

- On the other hand, if they jumble up the schedule like that (to make this show happen before football season), it's possible that the Hawaii show would be the first show on Vertigo Leg 5, and it could be U2's first show about half a year. If it's the debut of Leg 5, and their first show "back", that's fairly significant, and potentially highly emotional. Not only that, but it's also possible that U2 could add in a new song or two to the setlist. :D

Well, that's about enough idle speculation from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom