Has anyone heard of possible opening acts for the Mexico dates???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
consider yourselves very lucky people of mexico. the secret machines are absolutely amazing. they bury any other opener that u2 has had on this tour thus far.

I heard the same praise when the Kings Of Leon were announced.

They were horrible.

Damien Marley was good, though, very much enjoyed their sets.

Kanye West was great.

Can't imagine The Secret Machines burying anyone, but will maintain an open mind and hope that they are as good as all that, since we're forced to see them three times in five days.

U2FanPeter is right, they should just show the Mexico PopMart video on the big screen, the crowds would go absolutely crazy if they did that.

The Secret Machines are great, I'm tired of people who don't know their music and say things like "better nobody than that unknown band"

No worries, bud, just my opinion, you don't need to be tired about it.

I actually do know my music, believe it or not, and I've actually heard some of the Secret Machines music, too, believe it or not... and from what I've heard so far, I think they suck.

I'd probably prefer to see a U2 video from 20 years ago on the big screen than sit through 45 minutes of noise from some band that I think sucks.

But, as I said, I'm keeping an open mind and hope that they are much better live than on tape.

I hope you can tolerate my dissenting opinion.

As I do with all opening acts, though, I will make an effort to get there early, watch their entire set and applaud politely, even if I don't like them.

But I'd still rather see the Mexico PopMart video :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom