CANADIAN Tour Dates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess Paul Martin does have some pull with Bono.:wink:

Sorry to all those Western Canadians who were hoping for an Alberta show. :(

I don't think Toronto's ever had more than 2 shows. Plus, they're getting the opening shows of the leg. That's good enough, thank you. There's a ten day gap after the Montreal date, which, btw, is a Saturday night (meaning a giant PARTY!!!) and when the first show sells out in 3 minutes, they'll add another. That's what they did on Elevation and I'm confident they'll do the same this time.

I doubt this is the complete set of dates. There are large gaps in the schedule. More shows will be added. I will be very surprised if U2 does not add at least 1 Alberta date and at least 1 more Montreal date. If they add another Toronto date before those, I won't be a happy customer.

Jon

Last edited:
My understanding from Maple Leaf Entertainment is that U2 may do 4 shows in Toronto, which makes sense with the gap after the first 2 dates in TO....its the usual wait until the shows sell out and add the new dates.

ladywithspinninghead said:
:hug: to my fellow Saskatchewanarians who will always be left out

Here's hoping Alberta gets something though!

Hey, thanks, ladywithspinninghead! :hug: I didn't know if there were any other Saskatchewanarians posting on here. I was really hoping for an Alberta or even Winnipeg show, but it looks like I'll be treking to Minneapolis. :sigh:

Why does Ottawa need a show it doesnt make sense. They could either go to TO or Montreal. I dont get it. Paul martin must have convinced them. They gotta add a winnipeg show or even one in Alberta. This angers me! I have to drive eight hours to Minneapolis to see them! :sad: :mad:

No mail gets thru!!

My heart goes out to everyone out west.
As a Torontonian I first went "Yay!" when I saw the 2 Toronto dates, then "OH NO" when I read that they're mailing us information on buying tickets. Nothing from Propaganda or U2.com has successfully reached me yet, by mail. I sense disaster approaching. Especially since calling Fanfire doesn't seem to be helping... Now the hold time is thru the roof!

I do like the fact that they keep playing "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" as on hold music. I could listen to that song all day.

~BrightestStar~ said:
The dates
From U2.com:

17th December Salt Lake City - Delta Center
19th December Portland - Rose Garden
As optimistic as I want to be about U2 adding dates, I'm not holding my breath. There's only a 2 day gap between SLC & Portland. Unless they add them to the beginning of the tour (unlikely), it's a no go... damn!

I wonder what the sales figures to date for HTDAAB in Alberta are. I mean, could it have sold that poorly that we couldn't even score a date in the tour? :scratch:

Re: No mail gets thru!!

reneedo said:
My heart goes out to everyone out west.
As a Torontonian I first went "Yay!" when I saw the 2 Toronto dates, then "OH NO" when I read that they're mailing us information on buying tickets. Nothing from Propaganda or U2.com has successfully reached me yet, by mail. I sense disaster approaching. Especially since calling Fanfire doesn't seem to be helping... Now the hold time is thru the roof!

I do like the fact that they keep playing "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" as on hold music. I could listen to that song all day.

i had the exact same sentiments as a torontonian. And don't worry the boys will be here for 4 nights in september.
As for the presale I just received my email and Toronto dates are on the second batch of presales taking place March 14-16th.
Good luck to everyone in the presale.

4 Toronto shows
September 12-14 (probably 15 &17)

2 Alberta shows
(September 25-October 3 gap; November 2-November 13 gap; November 18-November 25 gap)

2 Montreal shows
November 26 (probably November 28)

that's probably what will go down. you need ot have faith, fellow canadians.

U2 are not stupid. they know where to go. I don't see them missing out on Calgary OR Edmonton after two sellout gigs in Vancouver. And I don't see them limiting T.O. and Montreal to two and one shows respectively. The markets are too strong and there is a huge gap to be filled.

You'll see, it will all fall into place.

Yay!
I nearly jumped out of my seat when I had a pop-up saying I'd received a new email from U2.com. In it I had my reassurance that they knew I'd been a Propaganda subscriber, so I'll get my crack at extra tickets. Yahoo! And the best part was that the Toronto dates are on the 2nd batch of presale dates, so that gives me time to put more money on my credit card for those 2 extra tickets!!!
AND after holding for Fanfire for an hour, they confirmed that the extra $20 I had to pay for the U2.com subscription has been refunded (since I didn't get the original discount letter).
Looks like it's coming together so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

I have a question for my fellow Torontonians.

In past shows, did they actually come out to talk with fans? Or did they quickly duck out to the Royal York or something? I'm just wondering what the odds would be of being able to meet them if I stuck around at the ACC after the show.
Any thoughts?

thetitans2k said:
Why does Ottawa need a show it doesnt make sense. They could either go to TO or Montreal. I dont get it. Paul martin must have convinced them. They gotta add a winnipeg show or even one in Alberta. This angers me! I have to drive eight hours to Minneapolis to see them! :sad: :mad:

Consider yourself lucky. There are some people here that have alot further to travel than an 8 hour drive to see them. Correct me if i am wrong but I don't think Ottawa has ever had a U2 show (not one in the last 20 years). They deserve it. At least we did get Popmart. What I don't think is fair is all the shows in N.Y.C. and Chicago. They (U2) need to try and spread the love next time. I just new they wouldn't come to Winnipeg.

Last edited:
Bono's Betty said:

Consider yourself lucky. There are some people here that have alot further to travel than an 8 hour drive to see them. Correct me if i am wrong but I don't think Ottawa has ever had a U2 show. They deserve it. At least we did get Popmart. What I don't think is fair is all the shows in N.Y.C. and Chicago. They (U2) need to try and spread the love next time. I just new they wouldn't come to Winnipeg.

Ottawa has been played:

- 1981-03-10, Barrymore's (Boy Tour)
- 1985-03-30, Civic Centre (UF Tour)

So it's been twenty years.

And I think U2 should play a show in Saskatchewan, if for no other reason than it has one of the coolest names out of any province, state, or territory of any country I know.

I emailed the person in charge of MTS Centre in Winnipeg yesterday and he told me they are still trying to get the boys to come here during the third or fourth(!) leg of the tour.

He mentioned that the band and Principle Management are very fan savvy and said a petition or email flood to them about coming to Winnipeg might help the cause.

I think contacting Power 97 to start an on-line petition is on order!

you could start a petiton to bring them to winnipeg using petitiononline.com thats what they did for motley crue. Then tell Power 97 and 92 Citi FM to advertise the petition. I and many other people would sign this!

well I e-mailed power 97 so we will see what happens, but I think the online petition is a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom