Brisbane Pre-Annoucement Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sken said:

Hahaha, well it was all fine for a while, but you guys are invading our country. Next thing, you guys will be popping up in Adelaide.:sexywink:

You guys are like our brothers over there. We're scientifically very similar, we both don't have that "criminal" gene that the rest of these mainlanders have. :wink:

We have a soft spot for you guys thats for sure. :D

from what i hear, adelaide is full of south australians.

Fuckin' hell, you boys still at it? :eyebrow: Have any of you had any sleep in the last 3 days? By the time they announce the tour, it'll be a bloody anti-climax!

And lay off Adelaide, or when I see you I'll rip your bloody arms off! :yes:

Sken said:
Yeah, sales got off to a slow start, not because of people not wanting to see the show, but thats typical Adelaide, no sense of urgency.

U2 played both Lovetown shows at Adelaide Oval (outdoor) so they could probably do that again. Twenty odd thousand would fit there nicely, AAMI stadium is too big now, I don't think U2 could outsell ZooTV here, but if they were going to make the trip to Perth a quick one night stop in Adelaide wouldnt be out of their way.

actually U2 played Lovetown at Memorial Drive, which is a tennis stadium. I heard then it held 8,000 or so, dunno. :shrug:
I think our Entertainment Centre might hold that much, or a bit more. Adelaide Oval is not used that much for concerts and they prob wouldn't use AAMI Stadium (where they played Zoo) again.

I hold Memorial Drive in great fondness in my heart. I camped outside and got drenched when the automatic sprinklers came on at 1.00 am. I spent the rest of hte night awake in my car cursing U2 to the highest heavens. :angry:

timothius said:

:cute:

Such blissful ignorance can only be the bi-product of a failed East Island education system. :wink:

Such geographical confusion can only be the result of a failed Auckland education system. :tsk:

timothius said:

You guys are like our brothers over there. We're scientifically very similar, we both don't have that "criminal" gene that the rest of these mainlanders have. :wink:

We have a soft spot for you guys thats for sure. :D

I suppose that explains why we haven't invaded them and instead chosen to focus our activities on bringing the light of culture to the cretins here in the eastern states. :wink:

blueeyedgirl said:
Fuckin' hell, you boys still at it? :eyebrow: Have any of you had any sleep in the last 3 days? By the time they announce the tour, it'll be a bloody anti-climax!

Wow, we've amassed over 2,000 posts in our threads about this damn tour. And uh, I think in the last three days, I've gotten 22 hours of sleep. Not too bad.

And lay off Adelaide, or when I see you I'll rip your bloody arms off! :yes:

Adelaide sucks. I hate my arms. :happy:

Axver said:

I suppose that explains why we haven't invaded them and instead chosen to focus our activities on bringing the light of culture to the cretins here in the eastern states. :wink:

You sound like somone.

I won't say who, but the next line I expect after that is... "By spreading freedom, we spread democracy". :wink:

Tell me this...

I used to be a very regular Interfer a couple of years ago. I have only really returned to some regular posting of late. What happened to some of the old Aussies on here like Angela Harlem, Zoomanda (zooropamanda) and brettig? Does anyone from old remember these guys and where they are these days?

timothius said:

You sound like somone.

I won't say who, but the next line I expect after that is... "By spreading freedom, we spread democracy". :wink:

Freedom be damned. I like to dictate what people should think. :mad:

bono_man said:
Tell me this...

I used to be a very regular Interfer a couple of years ago. I have only really returned to some regular posting of late. What happened to some of the old Aussies on here like Angela Harlem, Zoomanda (zooropamanda) and brettig? Does anyone from old remember these guys and where they are these days?

Angela still posts! Go to It's Official, LS, FYM etc. She's still spreading her, unique brand of humour all over this lovely place. :love:

I have never heard of these other people. What kind of name is Brettig? :|

Australian comedy starts and finishes with the existence of Australia itself, the biggest joke ever told.

:wink:

Axver said:
Australian comedy starts and finishes with the existence of Australia itself, the biggest joke ever told.

:wink:
I got a tax refund this year. :happy: I'm so glad my taxes aren't going towards your education :D

blueeyedgirl said:

I got a tax refund this year. :happy: I'm so glad my taxes aren't going towards your education :D

You Australians are getting crafty. :sad:

DignityPassesBy said:
how does a new zealand farmer find a sheep in the dark .... plesent

theres no better jokes than jokes about new zealanders

I disagree...

A Kiwi walks into his bedroom with a sheep under his arm and says:

"Darling, this is the pig I have sex with when you have a headache."

His Australian girlfriend lying in bed replies: "I think you'll find that's a sheep,
dickhead."

The man replies: " I think you'll find I wasn't talking to you."

timothius said:

I disagree...

A Kiwi walks into his bedroom with a sheep under his arm and says:

"Darling, this is the pig I have sex with when you have a headache."

His Australian girlfriend lying in bed replies: "I think you'll find that's a sheep,
dickhead."

The man replies: " I think you'll find I wasn't talking to you."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That NEVER stops being funny.

The Navy found they had too many officers and decided to offer an early retirement bonus. They promised any officer who volunteered for early retirement a bonus of $1,000 for every inch measured in a straight line between any two points in his body. The officers got to choose what those two points would be.

The first officer who accepted, asked that he be measured from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. He was measured at six feet and walked out with a bonus of $72,000.

The second officer who accepted was a little smarter and asked to be measured from the tip of his outstretched hands to his toes. He walked out with $96,000.

The third one was a grizzly old Captain who, when asked where he would like to be measured replied, "From the tip of my penis to my testicles." It was suggested by the pension man that he may want to reconsider, explaining about the nice checks the previous two officers had received. But the old Captain insisted and they decided to go along with him, providing the measurement was taken by a medical officer.

The medical officer arrived and instructed the Captain to "drop em", which he did. The medical officer placed the tape measure on the tip of the Captain's penis and began to work back. "My God!" he suddenly exclaimed, "Where are your testicles?" The Captain calmly replied..."In Vietnam."

sorry just found this joke and its better than all of them

DignityPassesBy said:

it does if you don't laugh at it :|

You mean you actually get the joke and don't find it funny?

I laugh just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom