Brisbane Pre-Annoucement Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man said:
well im at least happy about them coming here!

i just hope its at the BEC and not ANZ.

nar fuck bec, i want suncorp stadium! :D

omg i cant wait, how many shows all up do you guys think theres gonna be here in aus? ive so gotta go to all!!!!

Suncorp = one gig.
BEC = two gigs at one of the smallest venues on tour.

I know which one I'll take.

one gig= massive stadium, everybodys almost gaurentee'd a ticket somwehere

two gigs= very small arena, same problems will be experienced as in america with many people not being able to get tickets :(

quadcaster said:
one gig= massive stadium, everybodys almost gaurentee'd a ticket somwehere

two gigs= very small arena, same problems will be experienced as in america with many people not being able to get tickets :(

BEC holds 13,000 people. Two shows = 26,000 tickets. Popmart Brisbane sold only 17,500. You really think U2's popularity has soared that much that people will be clambering over one another to get tickets?

Brisbane's not going to sell out in five seconds like some US cities did.

I'll take two arena gigs over one stadium show any day, even if tickets are hard to get.

DignityPassesBy said:
I think if what earnie said about the stadium tour in sydney super dome it'll be the best show of the tour ... the staduim setup with arena acoustics ... nothing could possibly even compare

Just to clarify, that was me thinking out loud, I have no idea what they are going to do. The stadium set up in the SuperDome indeed would probably be one of the single most money U2 gigs, on any tour, ever. That thing would have to be absolutely squeezed in there though.

I think this is the point where I stand around and look confused and out of place.

I think, in terms of overall cost, to travel to Sydney will be cheaper-ish than to get to Melbourne seeing as Melbournians will have the Commonwealth Games on at the same time-ish. If previous rumours re dates are correct-ish.

Back
Top Bottom