Australia v.2 the sale is over, the show is on its way!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
so how did everyone pull up with tickets today?

I managed to get my 8 GA for Melbourne, and some GREAT B reserve seats for Sydney!! They're up high, but second row, which is cool!!!

So now i've got all five concerts i wanted (Melb 1&2, Adelaide, Sydney 1&2) and now the excruiating wait begins...!

How did the rest of you go?? :D

i'm excited! i got all the same concerts as you, but all GA.i'm actually thinking maybe i should have got SOME seats, i don't think i'll get to see anything....

I have Adelaide GA and Sydney 2 GA, still searching for that elusive Sydney 1.

i got melb 1 @ 2...both general.....

does anyone know....how to get to the front rails....people at the front of the que yeah???

secondly, is melb 2 nearly sold out??? heard anything on the radio at all?

Got tickets to show #2 in Melbourne. Had to queue in the early hours of the night. For some reason, people turn up at 9am, despite knowing that Melbourne #1 (and other Aus/NZ shows) sold out quickly, and expect to get tickets. The queues at 9am were huge.

I have...
Melbourne 1 (GA fan club)
Melbourne 2 (GA)
Adelaide (GA fan club)

To buy Melbourne 2, I lined up from 8.15am this morning at the Ticketmaster in Adelaide (tickets went on sale at 8.30 our time) and I was eighth in line. Not bad!

Brought Sydney tickets from Ticketek at Knox this morning very easily. Friends got Melbourne from Eastland.

Guess Santa has delivered early this year!

I got 8 GA's for sydney 1 and 4 GA's for sydney 2. Queued at blacktwon today at 6.30 an got the tickets no probs. The funny thing is that most of the seats were gone at about 10 but there were lots of GA's left which was odd. I 'm one of those people who probably wouldn't have even gone if there were no GA's...that where the real fun is imho.

Sydney 1 and 2 - b reserve first night and a reserve the next after camping out and being first in line!!! :) Yay - BRING IT ON!!!! :hyper:

its going to be a looooooooong day. Telstra dome has strict line up procedures which i no doubt believe they will enforce, but i still think some people will camp out...like my group *coughs* hahahaha

I just want front row, right in front of Adam...is that too much to ask?

Plus because there is not going to be a lottery, its basically first in best poss, so its line up all day or be staring at backs of heads getting beer spilt on you and guys thinking they can grope you with no consequences. ;) :D

good luck!!! :D

I'm still in shock. I tried non-stop yesterday redailing for one and a quarter hours only to finally get through and be told Sydney was sold out :sad:

I have a crap seat in Brisbane and only because my 88 year old dad lined up in a queue at Ticketmaster for 4 hours. He gave me an IOU one U2 ticket for my 40th birthday back in 2001. We thought they'd be here then with the Elevation show. It was a heatwave last week and I was worried the old love would die trying for me. I did want to take my sister to the show in Brisbane as it is her birthday on the 22nd March, but the seat is where I was for ZooTV back in '85 and I couldn't justify spending $133.It's a arheter crap place to see a U2 concert from.
It's funny , kind of. A storm destroyed the town where I live on the night I first saw U2.
( Brisbane 85) and 10 years later, almost to the day, the day before U2tickets went on sale a storm did massive damage to the little town just north of here. There's a storm going on here now...and it's 5 o'clock in the morning!
I'm glad U2 are touring in autumn...less likelihood of electrical storms.

so a man once said, be thankful for what you have...and I am. But I am also very very very disappointed to have had so much difficulty obtaining U2 concert tickets.

What a beautiful dad you must have!

My lovely mum lined up in Newcastle and got tickets for both Melbourne shows so I returned the favour for my brother and sister and got them Sydney tickets in Melbourne

yes, he is special. Mum queued up with him...wearing my old ZooTv tour shirt and her own version of "fly glasses" :wink: and chucking a peace sign, not making rabbit shadows :) I should make her my avatar. She said "you're only taking this photo to laugh at me" I said "no mum, it's an historic moment. Bono would be proud to have you as his mum"
I came back to say... ZooTV Brisbane 1995. Got a "post U2 ticket trauma" migraine today, can't see..or think straight. I had a baby in '85 which is why I missed the Lovetown tour and vowed never to miss another U2 concert. Only just got my toe in the door this time.

So yes, nothing like familia.
silver and gold... my parents 50th wedding anniversary next week and my 25th soon...silver and gold :)
I'm most looking forward to hearing U2 perform Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own live...truer word never spoken, sweeter song never sung.

Peace...or else

U2queueDec05ab.jpg

Last edited:
fingal77 said:
Sydney 1 and 2 - b reserve first night and a reserve the next after camping out and being first in line!!! :) Yay - BRING IT ON!!!! :hyper:

You'll probably find that they will move you on if you try to camp out overnight. I don't know what the ruling actually is, but sometimes they won't even let you start queuing until a certain time on the day of the show.

DignityPassesBy said:

:ohmy: there's another person from Newcastle here ... that makes 3 of us!!!

we're everywhere

sounds like it was a struggle to get Sydney tix in Newy - huge lines

are we destined to have experience a setlist domintated with "All that you cant leave behind"

likley Aussie Set List

1.Vertigo
2.Elevation
3.I will Follow
4.Gloria
5.Beatiful Day
6. New Y

6. New years day
7. Sometime you cant make it on your own.
8. I still havnt found...
9. Love and Peace.
10 Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet the Blue Sky
12. Miss Sarejavo
13. Pride
14. Where the Streets have no Name
15. With or Without you

encore

16. Zoo Station
17 Until the End of the Work
18. Stuck in a Moment

19. City of Blinding Lights
20. All becasue of You
21. Original of The species
22. yahweh
23. walk on

Dignity - I was first in line at charlestown this sunday night just past.....it was a looooong night but excellent A reserve tickets make it all worth while :) and NeilM - not camping out at Telstra Stadium :) Just camped out for the tickets - no sense camping out when you've got seats for both nights :wink:

Back
Top Bottom