Australia off for 2006/07/08.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man said:
I think the news of the band releasing this Vertigo DVD spells the end of our tour dream, at least for U2 doing a arena tour of the country. They wouldnt release the DVD then tour, it doesnt make sense.

Maybe it's a cunning plan. The stupid sit-down Aussie crowd will already have the DVD so those of us buying tickets will be Kiwis like myself stranded here and the few sane Australians that you run into from time to time. Sure, they'll only sell out theatre gigs in each city, but that crowd will be on its feet going nuts! :rockon:

bono_man said:
I think the news of the band releasing this Vertigo DVD spells the end of our tour dream, at least for U2 doing a arena tour of the country. They wouldnt release the DVD then tour, it doesnt make sense.

:madspit: :sad: :censored:

me either...can someone please help me when i say we should get pro-active in this?

what if we get a petition started? present it to U2.com/Principle/Universal and see what happens. it might not do much, but it cant hurt.

if we all get behind it and support it you just never know. I know Pearl Jam added some extra dates in different cities when they toured here a few years ago, so you never know!

how do i do this?

who wants to help?

my email is jonedwards80@hotmail.com btw

- Jonathan

i signed.

i've been excited about this for so long, not to mention trying to save money... and for what? nothing if they don't come. i might as well take my savings and spend a few weeks at the pub getting pissed out of my mind.

Releasing the dvd means nothing. Cher had her 'Goodbye Tour' DVD out for a full year - topping the ARIA dvd chart twice, and still came and played to over 100,000 people. U2 are a legacy act - they will sell out shows based solely on their back catalogue. Here at Ticketek we class them in the same league as Paul McCartney, the Stones, Madonna, REM, Kylie and Pearl Jam - if they announce it, we will come...

Luckily it looks like we will get shows from Paul later in 2006, the Stones are here in April, Madonna has stated her next world tour (late 2006) will kick off in Australia, and Pearl Jam are back in July.

U2 are simply one of those bands that has such a huge fanbase the success of their most recent releases is irrelevant. Now as you may have heard Kelly Clarkson has just announced a tour - she is the direct opposite. She is classed as an 'Iron' act - as in strike while the iron is hot. Could KC sell out arenas if her album wasnt a huge seller? No. Could Green Day announce STADIUM gigs if 'American Idiot' wasnt a huge seller - probably not - but they'd still sell out arenas...

So in a round about way, the 'Vertigo' DVD will probably not affect ticket sales. If anything, it will help - especially if they are clever and rename the Aussie tour.

It would certainly be a grave error on u2's part if they did not tour Australia and New Zealand.

Yes, that's true about the DVD. It in itself is no indication. Of course the other thing is there are no details of an Australian release for the DVD yet either.

It's an 'iron' :wink: DVD and they want in US stores while the tour is fresh and Christmas is coming.

I cannot believe i have been writing here for FIVE Months waiting for this fucking tour....

im going out of my mind...and already have decided im only going to one other place other then melb cause im PISSED (tho i just know when i actually SEE U2 i will want to go to every other oncert!) hahaha

I love U2 to death but can't help feeling their feelings are not mutal with some of their fans...we buy all their stuff( but not for much longer ) how can they neglect countries in the southern hemisphere like they are with elevation and vertigo tours..

Leave the stage show behind..

Just bring your instruments and play for us.

We'll be their

Would it help if we got heaps of U2 fans to sign a petition for them to come and sent it too them?

I'm 15 so I may never get a chance to see them live. Which would be the end of me.

Probably not....as ppl have been saying, its all down to money and whether our tour promoters have the balls to pay upfront and get some kick ass promotional going....

i'd like to think U2 would sell out 25,000 ppl a night for a 10 date tour....totally possible.

And as i said, why cant they just come and NOT be worried about making money, hell they've made enough of it in the states, why not share a little of their generosity around and not be swayed by the almighty $$$$$$

i mean, i thought they had morals and STANDARDS.

:huh:

dazzlingamy said:
Probably not....as ppl have been saying, its all down to money and whether our tour promoters have the balls to pay upfront and get some kick ass promotional going....

i'd like to think U2 would sell out 25,000 ppl a night for a 10 date tour....totally possible.

And as i said, why cant they just come and NOT be worried about making money, hell they've made enough of it in the states, why not share a little of their generosity around and not be swayed by the almighty $$$$$$

i mean, i thought they had morals and STANDARDS.

:huh:

No, they have $tandards!

If U2 don't come here I will be pissed off, not because of me. But becuase of all the people I know that really want to see them and can't afford to see them in Other countries. If they don't come this tour it will be more than likely be atleast12 years since the last time they came.. and thats disgusting! Fucking atrocious for an act that big..
They could do 4 shows in Sydney, 3 in Brisbane, 3 or 4 in Melbourne, 2 in Perth, 2 in Adelaide and I would even travel to Hobart to see em..

FUCK U2 and Paul McGuiness if they don't come here.

LuvandPeace1980 said:
If they don't come this tour it will be more than likely be atleast12 years since the last time they came.. and thats disgusting!

They last hit Australia in 1998 on Popmart, and New Zealand in 1993 on ZooTV.

Folks, please don't start to get too negative. There are positive rumours - for example, celticbhoy (who I trust not to post shit) posted a couple of days ago that U2 are coming here in March, I think this was the schedule he gave:

Brisbane - Entertainment Centre (or whatever it's called), 2 shows
Sydney - SuperDome, 4 shows
Melbourne - Optus Oval - 2 shows

Axver said:

They last hit Australia in 1998 on Popmart, and New Zealand in 1993 on ZooTV.

Folks, please don't start to get too negative. There are positive rumours - for example, celticbhoy (who I trust not to post shit) posted a couple of days ago that U2 are coming here in March, I think this was the schedule he gave:

Brisbane - Entertainment Centre (or whatever it's called), 2 shows
Sydney - SuperDome, 4 shows
Melbourne - Optus Oval - 2 shows

Yeah but they would have announced it by now.
I remember back in 1997 when they announced Popmart. It was about August when they announced it and tickets went on sale in Septemeber.
Now with Edge talking about getting back to do the album seems really unlikely. My point is if they don't tour Oz this tour they won't have been to Oz for 12 years!!.

LuvandPeace1980 said:

Yeah but they would have announced it by now.
I remember back in 1997 when they announced Popmart. It was about August when they announced it and tickets went on sale in Septemeber.
Now with Edge talking about getting back to do the album seems really unlikely. My point is if they don't tour Oz this tour they won't have been to Oz for 12 years!!.

The first US leg was announced only two months before it began.

So don't panic just yet.

I think an announcement will be sometime soon. Most sources seem positive.

Axver said:

The first US leg was announced only two months before it began.

So don't panic just yet.

I think an announcement will be sometime soon. Most sources seem positive.

I won't panic just yet, maybe they will still come.

But if they don't? :sad:

Would they tour at least once in Oz before the end of their career?

Optus Oval seems a very weird place but I would bloody be there.

COBL_04 said:

I won't panic just yet, maybe they will still come.

But if they don't? :sad:

Would they tour at least once in Oz before the end of their career?

Optus Oval seems a very weird place but I would bloody be there.

I'm willing to guarantee they'd play here and New Zealand at least once more, barring any unforeseen tragedies. When that happens (especially NZ) is up in the air but for the last couple of days, I've started to feel optimistic about March.

Optus Oval is because of the lack of venues in Melbourne. I suspect they'd much rather play somewhere like Rod Laver but the Aussie Open and Commonwealth Games have proved a hassle.

Axver said:
Optus Oval is because of the lack of venues in Melbourne. I suspect they'd much rather play somewhere like Rod Laver but the Aussie Open and Commonwealth Games have proved a hassle.

I was just thinking Lovetown played indoors in Australia and outdoors in New Zealand aye?

They also pushed PopMart indoors at Perth. So they have made sacrifices in the past, I guess it's just up to their motivation for coming. :yes:

timothius said:

I was just thinking Lovetown played indoors in Australia and outdoors in New Zealand aye?

They also pushed PopMart indoors at Perth. So they have made sacrifices in the past, I guess it's just up to their motivation for coming. :yes:

Yeah, and Elevation played a couple of amphitheatres and stadiums in Europe, so they're definitely willing to adapt when they have to.

I just hope that if they go to NZ, they play our 'arenas'. Come on, U2 playing to 5,000 people in Wellington? Hell yeah! :drool:

(By the way, what's the deal with Auckland? When's that 12,000 seater arena I've heard about meant to be done?)

Back
Top Bottom