american airlines arena question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was wondering because someone is selling sec. 400 / standing room only tickets (between 300 and 400 level) on ebay. anyone know if these are any good?

hmmm.... there is a level 300 and a level 400, but there are actual assigned (w/ rows and numbers) seats up there. i order my tickets through the presale, and got GA FLR tix that say "row 1000 seats 1040 and 1041" on them. i know for a fact there is no row anything on the floor, esp not 1000 of them, so maybe they just have some weird way of numbering the GA tix. but i would be careful w/ ebay. if i were you, i'd write the seller and verify the location of these tix. it sounds a little funny to me...

When I bought my GA's during the presale for Miami, the description originally described the section as 400, I'm wondering if maybe there is some confusion on the seller's part and they are really GA's. I called ticketmaster and they said that there is no 400 standing section (I also confirmed that my tix were on the floor). Also, I've been on ticket broker sites and they are selling 400/SRO tix for WAY under what GA's are going for. I'm thinking of taking the chance, I'll let you know how it works out.

well... looks like there is a 400/SRO area the arena uses for packed events.
oh well, live and learn. I'm glad i only paid slightly over face.
Once again though, ticketmaster don't know $#@%TTT!!!!

In case you're interested, here was the arena's reply:

Thank you for writing Guest Services!

"Standing Room Only" is located on the 400 level, which is the highest guest seating level at the AmericanAirlines Arena. A Standing platform is located on both the East and West side of the Arena, but depending on the event, one or both sides may be closed to the public.

Should you choose to purchase a "Standing Room Only" ticket, you, as well as other ticketed "Standing Room" guests will be standing throughout the length of the event, as seats are not provided.

In regards to "buying some tickets from an agency": Please be advised, that the AmericanAirlines Arena has authorized TicketMaster to sell tickets for the event, and the purchase of tickets outside of TicketMaster or the Arena Ticket Office is not advised.

Best Wishes!

Guest Services

Back
Top Bottom