amazing! U2 plays special show for Starbucks Leadership??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seankirkland

The Fly
I just got a phone call from my manager tonight (I work for Starbucks) around 10:30 pm eastern time and she's in Seattle for the annual Leadership conference. She was screaming and saying that U2 was playing a special "V.I.P" show for them! Anyway, I was a bit shocked (and wished I was there!). She was beside herself with excitement.

It seems impossible, but I'm taking her word for it. She says she's bringing pictures...

Sean K.

... WTF?

More details! Can't wait to hear more details. Not a word of this has been said elsewhere ...

There was a post months ago from a lady that works at the Starbucks corporate office. She reported that Bono had been there to meet with the CEO. There was even a picture of him there. I guess this was the result of that meeting.

So ... do we get any more news?

I'm very skeptical that this ever happened.

They're working out a deal for the new U2 themed coffee:

When you drink it, you experience vertigo.

They got the inspiration for it when they were drinking coffee in Ireland.

OK, so the word I got is that the show was a "vicious rumor." A woman who works for Starbucks (who I'll be doing some training with soon) returned my call yesterday. I had mentioned on my voicemail about them getting to see U2 (according to what I had heard) and she replied with the aforementioned "rumor" statement. So, oh well, it would've been nice for them, but it just didn't happen. Still not sure why Bono was in the corporate office awhile back........

SK

I don't think U2 would sink low enough to play a private corporate party????? I know the Stones did it, but this is U2 :(

seankirkland said:
OK, so the word I got is that the show was a "vicious rumor." A woman who works for Starbucks (who I'll be doing some training with soon) returned my call yesterday. I had mentioned on my voicemail about them getting to see U2 (according to what I had heard) and she replied with the aforementioned "rumor" statement. So, oh well, it would've been nice for them, but it just didn't happen. Still not sure why Bono was in the corporate office awhile back........

SK

I think a rumor like that can grow quickly at Starbucks because they are famous for having party-like annual shareholder's meetings (which just happened this month), so people are always ready for the next one and trying to figure out what it will be.

U2 at Apple's shareholder meeting...I'd have believed it. U2 at Starbucks? ...scares me.:(

I remember that post from that girl that met Bono after he talked with Starbucks people. She said that Bono told her "Revolution is in the air," or something like that.

Yeah I still can't figure out why Bono was in the corporate office of S'bux, saying, "Revolution is in the air." What would that mean in that context?? Playing a free show for coffee farmers?

Back
Top Bottom