Yahweh live is a travesty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zwervers2

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Just listening to Yahweh alternative version...this would so kcik ass if they play it like this. I can not believe they stripped it down like this..just my opninion of course. I know there are a couple of threads about this but this could be a KILLERSONG live

It is a killer song live :madspit:

Back from Ireland! :wave:

Working on details, etc... :drool:

Miroslava said:

I think it sounds better live, actually.

Can't wait for those details Miro...I'm gone U2 mad lately:drool:

Miroslava said:

don;t you think it would be so much better if they play it like the alt version miroslava.? It's not like the version now is bad but if they would play it like the alt version..man I would love that

I am actually not a huge fan of Yahweh on record... but I love it live.... Honestly, I am pretty much a U2 live whore and will take any song they want to play :drool:

zwervers2 said:
Just listening to Yahweh alternative version...this would so kcik ass if they play it like this. I can not believe they stripped it down like this..just my opninion of course. I know there are a couple of threads about this but this could be a KILLERSONG live

Yaweh is a Fantastic song live!

Miroslava said:
I am actually not a huge fan of Yahweh on record... but I love it live.... Honestly, I am pretty much a U2 live whore and will take any song they want to play :drool:

I think the albumversion sucks big time..it's the alt version I'm talking about..A U2 Live whore..Oh my:dancing:

Re: Re: Re: Yahweh live is a travesty

angelordevil said:

For me, Yaweh is the holier/spiritual sister of Walk On...and live, it's, well, hollleeeee!

:wink:

for me too that's why I feel it's a shame they present it liek this...I would love to see it as a closer. Bono only would have to change the lyrics to: änd make it brave"or something:wink:

I love both versions b/c they are so different from each other. The only gripe I have about the live version is that it's missing a few of the lyrics, but I think it works fine the way it is. When I want the whole song, I'll listen to the album.

I think it is poor both places (live and on the record) but is better live. The travesty is watching Larry Mullen play the piano like a kindergartener with his thumbs barely able to keep up. It is embarassing, and let's hope Henry Rollins never sees that.

BTW, euros, is he still doing that? Larry that is?

I guess I'm in the minority that thinks:

1. the album version is grand

2. the alternate is weak

3. live acoustic is shite

I love the alternative version.
Travesty it isnt on the album.
I initially didnt like the live version but its I do now.
Its a very emotional song.

Its amazing.. when they closed with it in Boston... i just about died. Its good for me as a closer for the record as it is now, not the alternate version.

Alternate version is the best one!

I think this song is the best one since 1991..... that's why I named myself like it..... :wink:

The live version sounds great to me.... I will tell you in 5 days... BERLIN!!!!!!!!!!

I glad to see that some other people like the live version. I thought Yahweh on the album was OK, but sort of ho-hum. When I heard the live version from the first show (thanks ChrisEdge!) I was blown away! I agree with AngelorDevil - Spiritual etc... I think it is one of the highlights of this tour.

I like acoustic Yahweh but the album version is much better and special. Yahweh acoustic is good but nothing special, I wish they would do this one like in the album. It would be a kick ass closer, they could restart the song at the end with Bono playing a harmonica and stretch this new ending to like 3 minutes of pure sonic joy! The song would grow and grow and grow to this new climatic ending with Edge doing vocal harmonies as Bono plays his harmonica and Larry and Adam making it sound harder, louder and fuller! I want it to happen!!! :love:

album version is better than alternate version (can you say drum machine).

The live version is great too. Id love to hear it live with the full band, but love the acoustic version.

i never really liked the song until i heard the live version, so i like the live version

Yahweh Alternate Version would just not work live. Too many guitar parts, and unlike many U2 songs, I don't think the main melody from the studio can be paired down to just one Edge guitar for the show. And Bono can't handle those strumming patterns or delay, let's face it.

As many here already have pointed out: The alternate "Yahweh" - as the studio version, too - with their different guitars are not to play live by the four. This might have been also the reason, why "The Ground Beneath Her Feet" and also "Original Of The Species" were/are layed in different, more stripped down arrangements - that work really great by the way. For "Yahweh" I do really think, that it does the tune even better: with Bono singing with full inspiration and the band (nearly) closing the night with a silent moment and sing-along with the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom