What was THE song that you wanted to see at your show but wasn`t played that night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mofo-

They soundchecked before the show but they didn't pull it out.

Until The End Of The World
Miss Sarajevo
The First Time
Crumbs From Your Table
Fast Cars
Original Of The Species

Anything else that was played after the first 6 shows really...

bono_man2002 said:
Until The End Of The World
Miss Sarajevo
The First Time
Crumbs From Your Table
Fast Cars
Original Of The Species

Anything else that was played after the first 6 shows really...

Miss Sarajevo was fantastic, loved the opera, at the show during Minneapolis, I think people didn't recognize the song, but after Bono did the solo, the whole audience applauded, I remember everyone applauding and cheering.

Crumbs was amazing, it was such a shock, it almost sounded like Walk On in the beginning, but then turned into Crumbs, Bono didn't reach the high notes, but Edge's playing was really great. The audience stood there, didn't know what song it was, only the hardcore fans knew and loved it! Such a gem.

Aparofan said:
The Electric Co.
Zoo Station
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Bad

The Electric Co. the band was on fire during this one, though the audience just stood there, it was great to see this classic song performed.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses was a big surprise, though acoustic, it was great to hear this song, but Bono skipped the bridge, "Took a drive..." and replaced it with "Oh, oh oh..." the band joined in, originally it was Bono and Edge, but Larry and Adam joined in. It was basically the Temple Bar mix.

love2bmama said:

Simply cool, Bono sounded great, and I liked this one. The audience was in blue and green, it segued before Beautiful Day, and Bono let us sing "I have run, I have crawled..." and then took control after 15 seconds or so, but it was great.

Macfistowannabe said:
Miracle Drug
Crumbs From Your Table
All Because of You

I don't remember much about Miracle Drug, but Bono gave his "Edge is from the future" speech, that made the audience smile and laugh.

Crumbs, see above.

All Because Of You, some people started to leave after With Or Without You, and when ABOY came on, I looked around and people were dancing in the isles. It was really cool

Popmartijn said:
The First Time

I've never heard that one live and it's one of my favourite U2 songs. I was really excited when they started to play it on the 3rd leg. Unfortunately, they didn't play it in Boston in December. :|
Oh well, they did play some other rare tracks and gave my friends and me an experience never to forget. :)

And oh, I would've liked to hear The Ocean too.

The First Time, Bono and Edge came out, the arena in red and black, like One, Bono sang, and let the audience sing "Love" and the audience, who maybe didn't know the song, started CLAPPING IN UNISON! Just like out of nowhere, it's like they all knew this song.

The Ocean was cool, it was about a 2 minute song, that turned into a slow jam. The arena was in black and blue - light blue lights, the elipse looked cool as hell.

Gloria, Bad and most importantly An Cat Dubh. Which is why I deliberately didn't want to get tickets to Amsterdam 1 (standard 1st nite snoozelist) but went out of my way to get tickets for Amsterdam 2 and 3.
And then the bastards did somethig else. Like Who's gonna ride your wild horses, 1st time of Miss Sarajevo and the 5 band version of Original of the species. Bastards!!! :wink:

"Discotheque" was the song played on this tour that I missed and most wanted to see.

Bad

It was on the setlist for 2 of the 4 shows I went to but wasn't played either night. It's my favorite song, and I've still never heard it live :scream:

Bad.
Or Zoo Station.
Or The Fly.
Or Mysterious Ways.

...I got the acoustic encore. Still enjoyed the show very much though.

Definitely An Cat :( and New Years Day.... (Portland) But I'm not complaining..... we got the cool Oppenheimer atomic bomb speech thingy before LAPOE, so that was pretty good.

bonocomet said:
Definitely An Cat :( and New Years Day.... (Portland) But I'm not complaining..... we got the cool Oppenheimer atomic bomb speech thingy before LAPOE, so that was pretty good.

Oppengeimer was incredible... Really set the theme of the song.

I would have given ANYTHING to see Zoo Station. Figures, my show on the first leg was one of the only ones that didnt see it... (4/10).

I was at the Cleveland gig and it was my first U2 show so really any song was good for me. But the ones I really wanted to hear was:

Bad
Miracle Drug
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

... but at least I got "Gloria" so it was good. I hope I hear "Bad" next time around though, it's my Favorite tune by U2.

Acrobat

:mad: :madspit: :banghead:

Just Joking....
I was lucky enough to see a bunch of shows and saw them play just about everything they played during the tour. Except for

Discotheque

MoFo would have been pretty cool also seeing they soundchecked it a couple of times

Ultraviolet was also rumored to be rehearsed either in Mexico or Vancouver - that would have been just Awesome. Seeing how they played that set of Achtung Baby songs especially early in the Tour- I don't think Ultraviolet would have been such a stretch for them to play.

Back
Top Bottom