What listening to RedRocks does to a setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vervefloyd

The Fly
I am currently listening to the Red Rocks show and figured I would give it another go with the setlist guessing since I've heard a few of the new songs.

1 - Miracle Drug
2 - Vertigo
3 - Electrical Storm
4 - Until the End of The World/Mysterious Ways/EBTTRT
5 - Out of Control/Electric Co/I Will Follow
6 - Love and Peace or Else
7 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
8 - All Because of You
9 - Sunday Bloody Sunday/New Year's Day/11 O'Clock Tick Tock
10- Bullet The Blue Sky/Bad/All I Want Is You
11- Running to Stand Still/WOWY/ISHFWILF
12- Dirty Day/Ultraviolet/The Unforgettable Fire (Surpise Segment)
13- Original of the Species
14- Pride/Desire/Angel of Harlem/In God's Country
15- Kite/Stuck In A Moment/Stay/Staring At The Sun (All Acoustic)
16- Beautiful Day
17- Please
18- Where the Streets Have No Name
19- Walk On

Encore
20- Gone/Elevation/Zoo Station
21- Crumbs From Your Table
22- October > One (the longest shot of them all)
23- City Of Blinding Lights

Now some of this is highly unlikely, such as October, the Electric Co, Dirty Day, Ultraviolet, UF and Zoo Station, you have to figure one of them gets played. I only have about 45 songs listed, thats nothing for a band that has been around that long. Bruce Springsteen played 120 songs on his last tour, if U2 even plays close to half that we are in for one of hell of a tour full of surprises.

I tried to label the new songs off what i have heard and the reviews of their sound. Yahweh just sounds like it won't be a live song. One Step Closer seems like an ethereal, passengers/million dollar hotel type song, which while great, won't translate onto the stage - and i'm not sure about a man and a woman. just didnt find a spot for it. after hearing city of blinding lights, i was blown away feeling that it fits perfect at the end.

My choice for opener if i was U2 would be Vertigo into Twilight. I just listened to Twilight and it would explode out of Vertigo and tear the roof of the arena.

Feel free to rip it apart.

Song wise, i think you picked a very realistic set. Order is a different story, as I can't see Electrical Storm following Vertigo and being that early in the set. But what do I know.

However, I agree that they will pull out a surprise. Dirty Day/Ultraviolet/UF...man, to see Dirty Day live. I love that song. :drool:

U2Fan101 said:
Song wise, i think you picked a very realistic set. Order is a different story, as I can't see Electrical Storm following Vertigo and being that early in the set. But what do I know.

However, I agree that they will pull out a surprise. Dirty Day/Ultraviolet/UF...man, to see Dirty Day live. I love that song. :drool:

In fact, we don't even know if they are considering electrical storm live at all. most of the setlists seem to assume it will be played, but there is a good chance they wont play it, especially since bono would have to play guitar as well to get the real intensity of the song.

Vervefloyd said:

In fact, we don't even know if they are considering electrical storm live at all. most of the setlists seem to assume it will be played, but there is a good chance they wont play it, especially since bono would have to play guitar as well to get the real intensity of the song.

Electrical Storm will be played because it was a single. U2 always play their singles and I doubt that pattern will be broken.

Back
Top Bottom