What HTDAAB song you didn`t like on the album but was super cool live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

What HTDAAB song you didn`t like on the album but was super cool live?

Mine is : Yahweh
It`s so much better live , I just don`t like it on the album.
Wich is strange coz M.Drug is better on the album than live?

Now what are your choices?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I just wished U2 would`ve used the Alt. version of Yahweh on the album , you know the one from the I-pod collection.

For me...Love and Peace or Else...it was just electric live!
I also thought that Vertigo+Stories For Boys, where it comes back in near the end is amazing.
I agree that Miracle Drug was worse live with one qualifier: when he did the "ohhh, OHHH" part in the crowd interaction, it was cool.

I always liked Yahweh on the album, but I also like the acoustic rendition and I personally think the shows should end with it (or Vertigo) since I think shows should start and end with a track from the current album.

A Because Of You. It actually rocked live, but was mediocre on the album. for me the best Yahweh is the alternate version. But it's good they managed a full band version for once when it was acoustic.

City Of Blinding Lights was much better live, particularly the echo voice on the chorus. I took off much more.

City of Blinding Lights and Love And Peace or Else, although I liked them on the album, but live they had a different energy. Probably the 2 songs that must stay in every setlist of the future

Yahweh was better live because the album version is over-produced.

All Because of You was better live because it lacked a little spark or something on the album. I've never been able to put my finger on what my problem is with the album version of ABOY.

corianderstem said:
All Because of You was better live because it lacked a little spark or something on the album. I've never been able to put my finger on what my problem is with the album version of ABOY.

Funny ... with the exception of a few third leg performances, I felt ABOY wasn't very good live. It was the equal weakest song (with One) at all three of the shows I've seen so far. I just thought it seemed a bit flat and unexciting.

In terms of song improvement, I'd have to say OOTS from the third leg is exceptional, while I'm not keen on the album version (mainly due to dodgy mixing).

love and peace or else

i wasn't a fan of it on the album and i honestly thought that because of the difficult arrangement that it wouldn't translate well live, and that they might not even play it.

:shrug: yea... i was a tad off on that one.

not only did they play it at every show, but it was arguably the highlight of the shows... at least in the early going when it was still somewhat of a surprise to some people to see larry and bono drumming it up on the ellipse.

:hmm: the album's intro for COBL is insuperable, amazing:drool:, one of the greatest U2 intros ever
live is good yes, but not enough

Another vote for Love and Peace. I didn't like it when Bomb came out, still not crazy about the album track, but I thought it was awesome live. It's still my favorite opener too, all the lights going down and seeing the guys walking out on the ellipse with the flashlights was amazing. :heart:

neutral said:
Another vote for Love and Peace. I didn't like it when Bomb came out, still not crazy about the album track, but I thought it was awesome live. It's still my favorite opener too, all the lights going down and seeing the guys walking out on the ellipse with the flashlights was amazing. :heart:

They need to open with that on the 4th leg, every show!

and if they play Vertigo in the encore, it should be it's only appearance that night :madwife:

I'll send :madwife: to beat the guys up if they do otherwise!

neutral said:

:yes: I'm glad I got to see that opener - it is really is cool (even though I think COBL is the best opener out of the three)

Love and Peace is my vote too

LAPOE live made me become a big fan of the track (including the album version).

Yahweh definitely better in its live form.

ABOY rocks live.

I liked COBL anyway, but its even better live.

But the majority of U2 tracks take on a new life when played in concert.

I loved most of the Bomb's live incarnations with the exception of Miracle Drug. Another so-so track live, but not as bad as MD, was Sometimes... .

I think the best one live was Love and Peace or Else with that cool intro. I still loved it on the album before I heard it live.

Last edited:
COBL was stellar live, as was Miracle Drug (at least they were at my show, Toronto 2). Both were Much better than the album versions.

What show was that?

neutral said:

LAPOE: I didn't care for it much on the album, and while I don't love all of the aspects of the live performance, it does rock.

Back
Top Bottom