We Need More Rattle and Hum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Ok I've been on a play more Pop songs kick for a while, but in one of these threads somebody said they weren't playing any songs of rattle and hum either. And it made me realize, there are a lot of great songs they could be playing from there too.

I'm listening to Van Diemen's Land right now. That could be a great song to throw in between Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bullet, to break it up a little and throw in a little more emotion. Or even right after Bullet, and then Bono could throw in a cool harmonica part at the end, and he could segue that into the opening harmonica part for Running to Stand Still. It would be brilliant, and could really bring back some of that "emotion" people are saying this tour lacks.

Other songs off Rattle and Hum that would be great are:

Hawkmoon 269
Heartland
God Part II (espppecially this one) :drool:

A full band hard rocking desire could be cool too

Thoughts?

I personally love Hawkmoon 269, and it was rarely played on the Lovetown tour. It would be something if they pulled that one out of thin air.

Desire in the encores would be cool, too.

phanan said:
Desire in the encores would be cool, too.

Desire from the Top Of The Pop's Preformance sounds really cool....hopefully it does get played.

Also, I Will Follow's gone of the face of the earth....It might be back in Boston tommrow maybe?, if not Dublin?
It was played at most Promo shows...and now naada on tour.

Eh, we've heard I Will Follow for every Popmart show and every Elevation concert, we don't need it again on this tour

Throw something else cool and fresh in, liiiike God Part II, or Heartland, or Hawkmoon 269, or Van Diemens Land :wink:

Last edited:
Yes, people say "boo, no Zooropa or Pop" but I'm more surprised at Rattle songs missing.

Every tour from Lovetown on had them, and now nothing.

Unlike Zooropa(DIRTY DAY!!!) or Pop, I don't miss Rattle and Hum. It's my least favorite album and unless Heartland finally gets played or Desire and Hawkmoon 269 return in that killer Lovetown form, they can keep the R&H tunes in a vault.

They could totally play a full band version of Desire (with solo and all like in Lovetown) at the beginning. That would rock! And Hawkmoon 269 and God Pat II would be just an absolute gift from the Gods. I hope they play Angel Of Harlem (full band) at some point and to hear When Love Comes To Town would be very cool too! In the Zoo TV version of WLCTT Edge used to sing B.B. King's part, this time Larry could sing that part! :up:

By the way I LOVE Rattle And Hum!!! :love:

Chizip said:
Eh, we've heard I Will Follow for every Popmart show and every Elevation concert, we don't need it again on this tour

Not true for the Elevation tour. I went to two Elevation shows, and the band did not play I Will Follow at either show. They played Out of Control once, and at Charlotte they got a late start and dropped I Will Follow. (along with Discotheque and Gone. Blast!) So I personally would love to see I Will Follow live. I only saw it once, the abbreviated Popmart version.

Desire, God Part II, All I Want Is You, and Heartland, I'm sure, would all be welcome. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom