This Is A Song We Have Never Played Before... On A Wednesday Night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its not the first OOTS, but maybe its the first time they played it on a wednesday?

They played it in Denver on 04/21 and a couple of times before I think. It was funny you could almost see a collective question mark form over the crowd when the song was performed. I enjoyed it but the performance was kinda rough, Bono’s intro was “we’ve only played this a couple of times before…. this should be interesting”.

Folks, the thread title makes it clear Bono knows they've played it before.

I'd have no idea if it had been done on a Wednesday before or not. I have no grasp on days. I could always just look up each date of performance on a calendar, buuuuut I'm lazy.

IT'S A JOKE.

WHEN YOU DISSECT A FROG, IT DIES.

SAME WITH JOKES.

they had actually played this song many times before that night

Chizip said:
they had actually played this song many times before that night

But on a Wednesday?

I may get off my lazy arse and look this up ...

i was kidding

id be willing to bet it has been played on a Wednesday, I don't see Bono on u2-vertigo-tour.com before the show checking which days that song has been played on

Chizip said:
i was kidding

id be willing to bet it has been played on a Wednesday, I don't see Bono on u2-vertigo-tour.com before the show checking which days that song has been played on

My thoughts.....

Bono lied if he said that!!!!

· 2005-07-20 - Milan, Italy - San Siro

01. Vertigo
02. I Will Follow
03. The Electric Co.
04. Elevation
05. New Year's Day
06. Beautiful Day
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. All I Want Is You
09. City Of Blinding Lights
10. Miracle Drug
11. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
12. Love And Peace Or Else
13. Sunday Bloody Sunday
14. Bullet The Blue Sky
15. Miss Sarajevo
16. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
17. Where The Streets Have No Name
18. One

19. Zoo Station
20. The Fly
21. With Or Without You

22. Original Of The Species
23. All Because Of You
24. Yahweh
25. Vertigo

i checked all the times they have played the song (thanks to axver's site) and OOTS has only been played on a wednesday 2 times!!! When bono said it, it was the second time!!!

holey moley!!!

isn't that strange! WOW! WOW! WOW!
my whole belief system just came crashing down!

i guess i will take what U2 says with a grain of salt from now on...

(that means i won't hear any zooropa or pop songs on the 2nd leg of vertigo, no electical storm, no new album in the spring, and no free time travel kit with the new album that takes me back to the lovetown tour... DAMMIT!!!)

Really what does it matter if Bono was wrong with it having been played on a Wednesday night before? I was at the Sept 21st concert and yes he did say it. But hey what matters is that it's getting played and people are enjoying the song live!

He was joking, because during LAPOE Bono sang: "Gonna play Crumbs From Your Table, Just to keep you pleased" and at encore time everyone was waiting for its debut, Bono seemed to realise this and he decided to tease the crowd. That's why he said that.

Crumbs was played for the first time at the show after that.

Back
Top Bottom