Streets best performance ever!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
the superbowl halftime version was great

the MLK transition was amazing

my favourite version of streets is either Bad into Streets in Elevation Boston, or All I Want is You into Streets at Slane Castle

Nope, disagree! It's GOT to be Please into Streets PopMart style. Real shiver down the spine stuff - every time!:drool:

actually the best transition of all time was RTSS into Streets ZooTV style, gives me goosebumps every time

In fact, the more I think about this post from Mullen4Prez, the more I think it must be a wind up. If so, I suppose I've bitten big time.

Does anyone really think that this version is better that it's predecessors? Surely not!:coocoo:

i think he is just suffering from a severe case of best ever-itis

it's a fairly common disease suffered immediately after attending a U2 gig

bcrt2000 said:
my favourite version of streets is either Bad into Streets in Elevation Boston, or All I Want is You into Streets at Slane Castle

Have to admit, both Streets at Boston 4 and Slane 2 made me cry.

I prefer the Please/Streets pair though, given the choice.

Jimali said:
In fact, the more I think about this post from Mullen4Prez, the more I think it must be a wind up. If so, I suppose I've bitten big time.

Does anyone really think that this version is better that it's predecessors? Surely not!:coocoo:
why not? belive it or not some people do think different to you, i actually love this version of streets, the only thing the elevation tour version had going for it was the transition, i love the whole african theme to the song now, so yes some people do think its better

KUEFC09U2 said:
why not? belive it or not some people do think different to you, i actually love this version of streets, the only thing the elevation tour version had going for it was the transition, i love the whole african theme to the song now, so yes some people do think its better

Well I guess that's me told, eh?:laugh: And who mentioned the Elevation Tour version? Nothing wrong with that transition!! Having a bad day by any chance?

Jimali said:

Well I guess that's me told, eh?:laugh: And who mentioned the Elevation Tour version? Nothing wrong with that transition!! Having a bad day by any chance?
anyone, obviously its all in my opinion

Everyone has there own opinion on what is the best tranisition into streets ever.

My own is Slane All i Want us you

The worst

Manchester 14/6/05

I love U2

But why do this to my favourite ever song and Im not just talkin U2 songs here.

The whole thing left me cold!

Thank the lord that they pulled WOWY out of the bag

mackemlad said:
Everyone has there own opinion on what is the best tranisition into streets ever.

My own is Slane All i Want us you

The worst

Manchester 14/6/05

I love U2

But why do this to my favourite ever song and Im not just talkin U2 songs here.

The whole thing left me cold!

Thank the lord that they pulled WOWY out of the bag
WHY do people need transitions and lights to enjoy the song? i wasnt on about transitions, i dont care about the "transition" i care about the song itself

when they turn the house lights on at the beginning of the song it gets all 80,000 people jumping up and down at the same time and its magical. it gets the song off to an amazing start and carries the energy all the way through. but now that doesnt happen, and because everybody who has been to a U2 concert before is expecting it, when it doesnt happen its a bit of a letdown.

sure the performance is pretty good, but it misses the magic it once had.

KUEFC09U2 said:
WHY do people need transitions and lights to enjoy the song? i wasnt on about transitions, i dont care about the "transition" i care about the song itself

Some of use cares about a great transition because it creates a mood. Then that mood becomes something electric. Like other people said you get shivers down your spine or become full of emotion. You’re in AWE of the situation. But to listen to it as a song for what it is, well that’s like listening to it on cd from me at least. I want to be blown away. :wink:

Ex
UTTEOTW, NYD
Lemon, WOWY
RTST, Streets
Please, Streets
Damn, ZooTv Sydney, feels like is one big rollercoaster ride.

But on this tour Pride into Streets is just bad and I know it’s to create the African part of the set, but it really takes away from the mood an awesome song becomes a little dry.

Just my thought

Cheers Steve

Why are they still doing the Pride into Streets. It doesn't do anything. The last tours we've gotten:

RTSS/Streets
Please/Streets :drool:
Bad or AIWIY/Streets

It should be Beautiful Day/Streets or COBL/Streets

ah well. i like it, sorry

and why is it that when someone says something like "oh was the best performance in my opinion" do they always get posts back saying pretty much "no your wrong such and such was the best bla bla" why cant they just have the opinion that it was there best without being corrected?

Last edited:
KUEFC09U2 said:
ah well. i like it, sorry

and why is it that when someone says something like "oh was the best performance in my opinion" do they always get posts back saying pretty much "no your wrong such and such was the best bla bla" why cant they just have the opinion that it was there best without being corrected?

if it was just a thread of thumbs up and nods in agreement it would be quite a boring thread, no? the best threads are the ones that contain a good amount of cordial debate.

also, if he said it was an "amazing" performance, then nobody could really disagree with him. but as soon as he used the term "best ever" thats when the debate can begin. i see so many people say their show, or a certain song was the "best ever" that pretty much every show U2 has ever done has been the "best ever." but that makes no sense, Best Ever can only mean once in a lifetime, i say no more using the phrase Best Ever!!!!

sligo U2 fan said:
i was the only one jumping when WTSHNN was played in Croker 1,i couldnt believe it!!!

now that is what makes this version a travesty

Sorry I didnt mean to say your opinion was wrong.
If you thought that streets was magical at Croke 3 then great I just wish it had been for me!

I have a few ideas about streets feel free to tear them apart.

I think most people see this Song as the best concert opener U2 have ever performed. The organ intro lends itself to opening the show, It doesnt fit being stuck in the middle of the set.Hence the seque from the previous song to create a mood that leads into it!

I wonder how it sounded on the occasional Joshua tree tour where it was played mid set?

So back to the seque.

RTSS and Please. The band created the perfect mood and transition into the intro
Bad &, All I want is you they relied on the audience to carry on the song while the organ intro kicked in sending the crowd into raptures.

Pride they seemed to have wanted the same thing to happen with the oh oh's but when I saw them it just didnt work the crowd stopped when Bono went into his Africa speech.

In my opinion they got it wrong others will disagree,but hey its the bands song to do with as they please.

I just wish this had been the one thing they left unchanged

rjhbonovox said:
Best Streets version was on The Rattle and Hum movie, great version.

I'd really like to believe you, but it's the worst camera work I've ever seen, it puts me to sleep everytime I watch it. Maybe if I try looking away from the TV or something and listening to Streets, I'll think it's brilliant...

this thread wasnt even about transitions, it was about the experience he had, and it being possibly the best version of streets he has heard, and now people have come on and bascially shot him down by TELLING him that there are better versions, even do in his opinion that was his best version

his whole argument was flawed anyway

he said all 3 performances were the best ever, how could all 3 be the best ever?? its a mathematical impossibility!

frankly i think we saved this thread from an inevitable death

Chizip said:
his whole argument was flawed anyway

he said all 3 performances were the best ever, how could all 3 be the best ever?? its a mathematical impossibility!

frankly i think we saved this thread from an inevitable death
sorry have you actually heard the version of streets from croke 3?

and p.s. i think cobl has now took on streets mantle of being the song that benifts transitions

he didnt say the third gig, he said all 3 gigs. now you tell me how all 3 gigs can all be the Best Ever? the Best Ever can only be from 1 show. it doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

i agree that COBL is the new streets.

Back
Top Bottom