Songs that will change for the tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_One1932

Acrobat
So many U2 songs have gone through drastic changes from the studio to the stage whether it be new riffs (running to stand still), added solos (bullet the blue sky, dirty day), or just completely rocking compared to their studio versions (too many to mention). What songs from the bomb do we think will change on the upcoming tour and what will be different about them??
my guesses

Vertigo: more of a solo
Love and peace: more of a solo
One step: more intense than album, more edge (literally)

Those are the only ones i have really thought about, but i am sure we will see more changes as well. Please share your thoguhts about what we might see in terms of a change on the tour. Peace.

My predictions:

Miracle Drug will have more/more "fluid" guitar than on the album, like Beautiful Day and Stuck in a Moment from the Elevation tour.

Love and Peace will have more of a solo.

Vertigo will have a funkier/more fun riff by the end of the tour. Also, this song's gonna be ad-libbed to death, IMO.

I think Yahweh will sound differently (don't know exactly how).
Also, Yahweh and Crumbs will be extended and ad-libbed like Walk On with Hallelujah.

Listen to the Brooklyn Bridge show and you can hear COBL's change for the better and OOTS's change for the worse. One can only hope the live version of OOTS on the tour works.

the live version of COBL is going to kill the album version, as good as that is. I kind of like OOTS actually, I think it needs some major tweaking from the Brooklyn show, but I think their going in the right direction. I like the version of the album, but i feel its overproduced. I think if they strip it down right like the San jose performance, it'll be good.

RademR said:
the live version of COBL is going to kill the album version, as good as that is. I kind of like OOTS actually, I think it needs some major tweaking from the Brooklyn show, but I think their going in the right direction. I like the version of the album, but i feel its overproduced. I think if they strip it down right like the San jose performance, it'll be good.

I think the ending is the major problem with OOTS. They need to either use a piano backing track so Edge is free to play guitar, or Bono has to learn guitar, or they have to rework it so Edge does both, a la New Year's Day.

If they fix the ending, it will slaughter the album version simply because live, YOU'LL BE ABLE TO HEAR LARRY.

Axver said:

YOU'LL BE ABLE TO HEAR LARRY.

lol....definetly. I wouldn't mind hearing Edge's guitar get more recognition on COBL and OOTS live. A lot more. His guitar is drowned out on the album versions.

In HTDAAB, in crumbs, Bono says "cool down mama, cool off..." but crumbs live he always say something else....

I think they should make A Man And A Woman into a bass/ vocal duet between Adam and Bono, but just shorten it.

Love and Peace will (at least *should*) be a show-stopper, with a more guitar and some Bullet-like breaks and edgy darkness. I also imagine this one will be visually dramatic, a la Bullet or New York.

Crumbs, if played, will have a longer, more built-up ending.

My sad guess is that they never get OOTS right, and either don't play it at all, or offer a neutered version of it. They might play it later, as with Kite.

Yahweh will change significantly; I could see them coming up with a new opening, and a much longer coda, with opportunities for audience participation.

If they don't end up playing Kite, I could see some snippet of Kite's lyrics popping up just before or after Sometimes. I could also imagine, if he thought of it, Bono adding an a capella line from Tomorrow at the close of Sometimes: won't you come back tomorrow? Will you be back tomorrow? Will I sleep tonight....

Love and Peace Or Else will be different too, I'm sure. But I really hope Yahweh's guitars go an octave up. It would sound a little more rocking and Joshua Tree then.

Oh, and I think One Step Closer will be shorter. Either that or it should be the opening song. Bono alone in the dark singing it with the backing keyboard which slowly morphs into a Streets-esque opening organ/keyboard sound which bursts forth into City Of Blinding Lights.

Back
Top Bottom