Song U Don't Want

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BWU2Buffs

War Child
What song will make you cringe if it shows up this time out?

Bullet the Blue Sky gets my vote.

Maybe my perceptions are wrong, but it seems like this has been a staple during every tour since JT came out in '87.

Sidebar -- anybody understand why? Do they just love to play it?

I love BTBS and want to see it on setlists, but not EVERY night. Play it like every 2-3 shows....I'll get back to u on my pick.

I really would like to experience Bullet on my first U2 concert ever so I hope that it will appear.

The songs that I would throw away are:

All ATYCLB songs
With or Without You
Angel of Harlem
New Years Day
Acoustic songs turn into full band versions.

Every ATYCLB song except Kite
With or Without You(it sounds so tired since Popmart it is already insulting to play it every night)
Pride(likewise - they will never ever match the studio version)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
The Hands That Built America(please, no)

Bullet the Blue Sky is one of their best live songs. It gets reinvented every tour so I want to hear the Vertigo version of it.

no, keep Bullet, please, its so powerful

Pride I'd like to see dropped as its the one song that I don't think makes such a great transition to live performances. ISHFWILF I could also live without.

Been there done that a zillion times, really don't need to hear it yet again:

BTBS, I Will Follow, Pride, NYD

They haven't played it properly since 1987:

WOWY

Newer but Boring:

SIAM, New York

Bullet has been played at just about every show since 1987. I don't think it has missed a regular tour concert since 1992.

Personally, there's no song I don't want. I'm easily pleased. I just want to see U2. They can play Red Light for all I care and I'll enjoy it because they are so good at what they do on stage.

Axver said:
Bullet has been played at just about every show since 1987. I don't think it has missed a regular tour concert since 1992.

To add to this, I just checked, and it was skipped at four Lovetown concerts and I noted at least one during the JT Tour but there may have been more. I am pretty sure it was performed at every show on ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation.

Stuck In A Moment, all acoustic versions of songs, The Hands That Built America.

Axver said:

To add to this, I just checked, and it was skipped at four Lovetown concerts and I noted at least one during the JT Tour but there may have been more. I am pretty sure it was performed at every show on ZooTV, Popmart, and Elevation.

They didn't play it at Notre Dame, October 10th 2001

djerdap said:

They didn't play it at Notre Dame, October 10th 2001

Ah, indeed! I always seem to forget about that show. Thanks for the correction!

Bullet Is great because it is one of the few songs where Edge really showcases his talents. The solos from Zoo TV and Elevation are as good a guitar as you get.

I could do without the acoustic version of Desire. They ruin a great rock song. If they play its original version then I am on board with it.

mbeede said:
If they play its original version then I am on board with it.

ya, bring back the Lovetown version of "Desire", and while their at it let Edge go off with a solo at the end of it, like he did on some shows.

RademR said:

ya, bring back the Lovetown version of "Desire", and while their at it let Edge go off with a solo at the end of it, like he did on some shows.

:up: :yes: HELL YEAH.

Lovetown Desire was amazing. Lovetown everything was amazing.

Except the BB King set. Sorry, but I just didn't like it. Love Rescue Me is a horrible, horrible song and When Love Comes To Town is plain average.
The Melbourne 1989-10-13 performance of Knockin' on Heaven's Door is great though.

Bono's Betty said:
:scratch: .... until the end of the world

If you get it your way I'll kill the band and you.
It'll be the freaking highlight of the show!

Songs I don't want:

Where The Streets Have No Name
I Will Follow
Yahweh
All Because Of You
Angel Of Harlem
Staring At The Sun (give me Mofo instead:drool:)
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Bullet and Streets.....

Enough already, there are so many U2 songs that can replace them.......

Did two people just say Streets? As in the greatest live song ever? Right, YOU'RE OUT OF THE FANDOM!

:wink:

djerdap said:
Except the BB King set. Sorry, but I just didn't like it. Love Rescue Me is a horrible, horrible song and When Love Comes To Town is plain average.
The Melbourne 1989-10-13 performance of Knockin' on Heaven's Door is great though.

Personally, I love the BB King set, especially the transition from Angel Of Harlem to When Love Comes To Town. I don't understand why WLCTT isn't popular on this forum - it's one of the earliest U2 songs I can remember, and it's one of my favourites. I particularly enjoy the guitar.

Though I do skip Love Rescue Me sometimes, I'll admit to that. I find its placement after WLCTT weird, especially because it's closing the set.

I don't want to hear Pride. They have played it so much that it sounded like a filler to me when they played it on Elevation.

I also could do without Sunday Bloody Sunday EVERY night. It gets repetitive and uninspired when they play it too much (again, like Elevation). Bring it out like 5 times on the entire tour and make each performance a true U2 moment! (like Rattle & Hum)

Last, I don't want to see One played EVERY night either. As with SBS, less is more.

Hi I am tired of most of their top 40 hits. WTSHNN is great live though. It reminds of the JT tour, when the music starts and the red lights in the back ground and one by one they come onto the stage. Nice!!!!!!! Bad should always be there and ultraviolet (Light My Way) . I would LOVE to hear Gloria live again over I Will Follow.``````````````````:wink: :wink: :wink:

Axver said:
Did two people just say Streets? As in the greatest live song ever? Right, YOU'RE OUT OF THE FANDOM!

:wink:

That is your opinion. :eyebrow: Don't get me wrong I don't dislike it, it's just so overplayed and commercial.

Back
Top Bottom