Song U Don't Want

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one4u2 said:

That is your opinion. :eyebrow: Don't get me wrong I don't dislike it, it's just so overplayed and commercial.

Note the winking smiley!

I have a hard time seeing how it is 'commercial', though I would see the point about overplayed if it weren't for how spectacular it is, the crowd reaction it inspires, and how U2 talk about it being the high point of every show.

Hands that Built America. The song is so bad it couldn't even win the Oscar that was theirs to lose. I doubt they would subject audiences to that snoozefest.

At least the Europeans know they won't be hearing it for sure.

I'm one of those people who would love to see Pride go, although I still think it sounds great. They clearly love playing it. WOWY is just plain tired. They know One has replaced it as their signature song and yet they still feel the need to be a jukebox in this instance and give the masses what they want. It just doesn't have the impact anymore.

And as much as I'd love to retire stuff like Streets and BTBS, they are just too damned good. They never fail to be powerful. I just wish they would change up Bullet again, as I loved that Rage Against the Machine-style version during POPMart.

There's no way in hell they aren't playing Beautiful Day at every show from here until their last one. You can wish it away, but it ain't happening. I just hope they elect to go with Walk On over Stuck if they're picking other songs from ATYCLB.

Elevation could happen but I can't see it as anything else than an opener, like Zoo Station.

They need to retire the Rattle & Hum standards (Angel & Desire), and replace them with Hawkmoon, God Part II, or something else.

laz

Back
Top Bottom