setlist/albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
Boy: 3
October: 0
War: 3
UF: 1
JT: 3
R&H: 0
AB: 3
Zoo: 0
Pop: 0
ATYCLB: 2
HTDAAB: 7

- Normally, there is always at least one song from r&H, All I want is you, desire or angel of harlem.
- Nothing from pop

When we look at the elevation tour,opening gig:
Boy:1
October:0
War:2
UF:1
R&H:
JT:3
AB:4
Zoo:0
POP:3
ATYCLB: 6

See the comparisons and the differences?

would be cool if they put a song like Hawkmoon back in the set, or God pt II for that matter, but I think it's to heavy on Bono's voice these days

POP-ROMANCER said:

October: 0
Zoo: 0
Pop: 0

No surprises there.........I think we'll see "Gone" and "Staring" a few times on the tour.........Zooropa and October, well, I wouldn't be surprised if they went the whole tour without playing a song from either........but I wouldn't rule out "Gloria" or "Stay" from making an appearance or two.......

They'll play something from Rattle and Hum tomorrow. I guarantee it.

I'm calling Gloria tomorrow, the first time any song from October has been played in over 15 years.

Nothing from RAH or Zooropa, maybe Gone from Pop.

RaH should atleast get some love from the regular three: Desire, Angel..., and All I Want... some point this tour

same w/ the rest of the albums that weren't used yet.

LemonMacPhisto said:
RaH should atleast get some love from the regular three: Desire, Angel..., and All I Want... some point this tour

Haven't we heard Desire and Angel Of Harlem enough? If they can't play Desire like it was on Lovetown, they just shouldn't waste the setlist spot. But damn, if they did a Lovetown Desire, the roof would be blown off! That rocked SO HARD.

I never really said that I wanted those 2 songs, but that they should be played since they're usually a staple in the setlists, sry 2 the confusion

if it were up 2 me...GOD PART II:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I'm with LemonMacPhisto. God Part II would be wonderful, and I'm not averse to AIWIY or AOH. But please, please, please, bury Desire for this tour. I wouldn't mind a full-on electric one, Zoo TV style, though. :hmm: I actually preferred that to the Lovetown version, mostly because the guitar was hard-rockin' and funky and psychadelic.

Last edited:
I'm with RademR, and maybe Stay as a wild card.

I'd pit my shants if they broke out Lemon.

Bono wouldn't know the words anyways, but it would be cool if I only heard the 'midnight' chorus. :)

Gloria

Given the blast from the past songs from October were noticeably absent. But I've heard Bono said they'd never do Gloria again live. Hope he's outgrown that thought.

I also miss Pop. It was a tough one to get used to, but the pain and narcissism in that album was palpable.

Re: Gloria

FoundwhatI'mlookingfor said:
Given the blast from the past songs from October were noticeably absent. But I've heard Bono said they'd never do Gloria again live. Hope he's outgrown that thought.

It would appear that he has. Gloria was rehearsed in Los Angeles. I think it was the 24th, the rehearsal set ended with All Because Of You/Gloria/40. Not 100% sure on the date but it was definitely rehearsed.

Axver said:

Haven't we heard Desire and Angel Of Harlem enough? If they can't play Desire like it was on Lovetown, they just shouldn't waste the setlist spot. But damn, if they did a Lovetown Desire, the roof would be blown off! That rocked SO HARD.

Amen!

Personally, I think they're done with the middle-of-the-set acoustic part.... Unless you count Running To Stand Still, but that's not a drastic change from the original. Either way, Desire should be retired acoustically. But electrically, it needs to come out of retirement.

Re: Re: Gloria

Axver said:

It would appear that he has. Gloria was rehearsed in Los Angeles. I think it was the 24th, the rehearsal set ended with All Because Of You/Gloria/40. Not 100% sure on the date but it was definitely rehearsed.

It would be fun to hear them do it right after All Because Of You. Axver, have you heard the version of Gloria done by the band "Audio Adrenaline"? Their version reminds me of if you mixed Gloria with the beat of All Because Of You....

Re: Gloria

FoundwhatI'mlookingfor said:

I also miss Pop. It was a tough one to get used to, but the pain and narcissism in that album was palpable.

I wanna hear Last Night On Earth again. :(

the tourist said:

Amen!

Personally, I think they're done with the middle-of-the-set acoustic part.... Unless you count Running To Stand Still, but that's not a drastic change from the original. Either way, Desire should be retired acoustically. But electrically, it needs to come out of retirement.

Could you imagine if they ripped out Desire --> All Along The Watchtower? I think you and I would both die from excitement.

Re: Re: Re: Gloria

the tourist said:

It would be fun to hear them do it right after All Because Of You. Axver, have you heard the version of Gloria done by the band "Audio Adrenaline"? Their version reminds me of if you mixed Gloria with the beat of All Because Of You....

If you adhere to the spiritual interpretation of ABOY, ABOY/Gloria/40 could make quite a bit of thematic sense!

No, I haven't heard that version, though I was under the impression that Audio Adrenaline aren't all that great ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gloria

Axver said:

If you adhere to the spiritual interpretation of ABOY, ABOY/Gloria/40 could make quite a bit of thematic sense!

No, I haven't heard that version, though I was under the impression that Audio Adrenaline aren't all that great ...

They're not. But I thought they did a pretty good cover! Basically, to me, it sounds like the drums from All Because Of You with the guitars, words and melodies of Gloria.

Axver said:

Could you imagine if they ripped out Desire --> All Along The Watchtower? I think you and I would both die from excitement.

Desire (w/shredding solo)-->All Along The Watchtower-->God Part II-->One Tree Hill (w/extra verse and extended solo)-->The Unforgettable Fire-->Promenade-->4th Of July-->Bad

Just thinking about that make me go into cardiac arrest.

the tourist said:

Desire (w/shredding solo)-->All Along The Watchtower-->God Part II-->One Tree Hill (w/extra verse and extended solo)-->The Unforgettable Fire-->Promenade-->4th Of July-->Bad

Just thinking about that make me go into cardiac arrest.

I think you just killed me about ten times over.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gloria

the tourist said:

They're not. But I thought they did a pretty good cover! Basically, to me, it sounds like the drums from All Because Of You with the guitars, words and melodies of Gloria.

Hm, Gloria would be odd without Larry's distinctive drumming, but still - sounds interesting!

Axver said:

I think you just killed me about ten times over.

I think after something like that, they'd need a rather large clean-up crew as I believe half the people at that particular venue would be deceased.

the tourist said:

I think after something like that, they'd need a rather large clean-up crew as I believe half the people at that particular venue would be deceased.

The other half will have melted into puddles of fanatical goop and the venue would be flooded. The band would have to evacuate the second the final note of Bad rings out.

Axver said:

The other half will have melted into puddles of fanatical goop and the venue would be flooded. The band would have to evacuate the second the final note of Bad rings out.

Nice usage of the word "goop". It's not a word I see every day. :wink:

This would mean, though, that Bad would have to close. I say Bad-->40 and THEN we all die and become goop. And perhaps before Desire can be Streets-->Heartland-->City Of Blinding Lights-->Acrobat....?

the tourist said:

Nice usage of the word "goop". It's not a word I see every day. :wink:

This would mean, though, that Bad would have to close. I say Bad-->40 and THEN we all die and become goop. And perhaps before Desire can be Streets-->Heartland-->City Of Blinding Lights-->Acrobat....?

That'd be a short concert, but I don't think we could survive much longer anyway, so bring it on! :up:

:drool: *dreams of such an amazing gig*

Back
Top Bottom