Set for Seattle 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry/Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Yahweh
"40"

Zoo Station is not abandoned yet but will it return tomorrow? Will they ever decide wich opener is best? Will Yahweh stay? And what about Bad?

Discuss.

Question: Was Stories For Boys snippeted into Vertigo? I heard it was dropped in Denver...

Last edited:
God Part III said:
Question: Was Stories For Boys snippeted into Vertigo? I heard it was dropped in Denver...

The tiniest bit of Stories was in Vertigo last night. :yes: Also of note, Bono pulled up a guy wearing a "Me Me Me" T-shirt for a second before the "Boy" songs (Electric Co. I think), a younger girl during "Into the Heart", and a girl during Mysterious Ways.

I was surprised at how much I liked Love and Peace as an opener, and I AM SO HAPPY with the way they close with 40 and each member going off individually. F'ing Brilliant. :bow:

If they keep with their pattern, we'll see Bad tonight and maybe Gloria and OOS!!! :hyper: how can I get through the day?!

God Part III said:
Will they ever decide wich opener is best?
Discuss.

Actually, i quite like that they have been mixing up the show order back and forth, as it adds to the fun and surprise as to what will come, especially if you couldn't wait and peeked at the setlists before going to the show:shame: . That along with the suspense of what older song will they play tonight makes each show feel a bit more spontaneous. Which is probably pretty tough when you have a production of this scale...
though, i am sure U2's production team/crew hate the variety :giggle:

Personally, i liked it opening with COBL, as it did in San Diego, but listening to the shows opening with LaPoE was also pretty powerful. COBL has a great build slow build-up start until the Edge's 1st note rings in, whereas LaPoE comes in all guns blazing :rockon:

well according to mr Clayton on the official website, we could also see crumbs VERY soon ;)

In Denver, Stories For Boys lyrics were in Vertigo on the 20th, but left out of Vertigo on the 21st.

I liked City Of Blinding Lights as an opener more than Love And Peace Or Else. I really liked LAPOE leading into Sunday Bloody Sunday rather than starting the show.

The Stories for Boys snippet was the same one they've done all tour (when they've done it):

After the fake ending on Vertigo, they come back in with the bassline, while Bono sings some form of the following verse: "There's a place I go when I am far away, there's a TV show and I can crawl... sometimes, the hero takes me, sometimes I come and go, hello hello..." and then back into the Vertigo riff for the real ending.

So there was no less of the "Stories for Boys" part in Seattle I than in any other performance.

Bono did indeed do "still running."

I loved the still running part.

He also added "I can see for miles and miles..." after something. I can't remember which one.

Back
Top Bottom