Set for 2005-03-30, San Diego.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Main set:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
The Cry
The Electric Co.
Gloria
Beautiful Day
With Or Without You
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Elevation

Encores:
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Still looking to add snippets. Absolutely THRILLED that Gloria made it! :D It has been 15 years, 2 months, and 21 days since it was last played on 9 January 1990 in Rotterdam.

And as the signature says, u2-vertigo-tour.com is the place to go for setlists. Or just ask me; my memory knows a lot of that site anyway! :wink:

By the way ... after each show has finished and we know the whole set, I will be glad to make a thread with the full set in the first post so that it can be easily found. I do, after all, have to update that very set to u2-vertigo-tour.com so while I do that, I might as well post it here for everyone too.

good idea. I thought they would change some of the songs around, especially the order in the encore.

I guess not. Glad to see GLORIA though, WOWY as well. In that spot in the order, I'm thinking they changed it up a bit.

Missing tunes

I think they're really dropping the ball.

Where the hell are: In a Little While, Kite, I Will Follow, Bad, Crumbs From Your Table, Walk On and All I Want is You?!?

New Years Day???
Yahweh???
Bullet the Blue Sky???

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?

RademR said:
good idea. I thought they would change some of the songs around, especially the order in the encore.

I guess not. Glad to see GLORIA though, WOWY as well. In that spot in the order, I'm thinking they changed it up a bit.

from atu2.com:
Don't expect a lot of changes tonight. Dennis Sheehan told our crew this afternoon that "the band wants to nail this setlist before they start experimenting."

so given that, i'm surprised and happy to see any.

bono_man2002 said:
They sounded better tonight...Gloria was awsome!, They totally mucked up elevation, and larry was laughing!

cant wait for Anahiem!

You lucky bastard - I want to hear Gloria! And HA, they messed up Elevation AGAIN? Can't see that one hanging around in the set for too long then ...

bono_man2002 said:
They sounded better tonight...Gloria was awsome!, They totally mucked up elevation, and larry was laughing!

cant wait for Anahiem!

Did Bono sing Shine Like Stars in With or Without You? How was that version in general(bad as Elevation and Popmart? Please say no...)?

kennerado said:
Its way early in the tour and people are bitching about the setlist? Come on!

This is Interference. You expected something else?

RademR said:
bono man were u there? any other things you could tell us different from first night?

Not alot diffrent from the first night, execpt the song changes.
The band went off stage after one, and alot of people I saw leave after that.

The songs seemed to flow better (LAPOE ->SBS -> Bullet)

Did Bono know the lyrics to the Achtung Baby songs this time?

djerdap said:
Did Bono know the lyrics to the Achtung Baby songs this time?

He struggled a bit with the fly again, and repeted the first versea bit.
Zoo Station I thought was quite good, he impovised a little again, though i'd have to hear it back.

so how would you compare performances overall? did they sound better tonight? How about Bono's voice? thanks.

Bono was again in fine form tonight (thats how it sounded for me)

They all did sound better tonight, even when they screwed up elevation....It was still good.

How about the Bullet performance? Was it different than the first night or is Edge holding on to his bluesy playing in the song?

bono_man2002 said:
The band went off stage after one, and alot of people I saw leave after that.

:laugh: Idiots.

Did The Electric Co. have the I Can See For Miles snippet again?

Edit: Is Bono still ready for the Acrobat?

Oh, and did Beautiful Day have Blackbird again? (A snippet I am not keen on.)

bono_man2002 said:

I'm almost 100% sure it didnt tonight.

I hope so! While I'm pestering you for snippets - did SYCMIOYO have No Regrets at the end?

And c'mon Bono, get ready for the Acrobat ... AND PLAY IT!

djerdap said:
How about the Bullet performance? Was it different than the first night or is Edge holding on to his bluesy playing in the song?

Bullet is about the one song i dont recall :lmao:
I know (For Axver's sake) Johnny comes marching and THTBA were snippited.

Back
Top Bottom