Rehearsal from Friday - where is the listing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I much prefer the Elevation version - it was sensational!

But either version would be amazing! :drool:

To use a phrase of yours, the '92 version pisses all over the Elevation version. If they play the '92 version of The Fly at the show I go to, I will die a happy man.

The elevation version was vastly superior. The quiet intro was fantastic. That said I'm just glad to see it down as I remember the Edge saying he wasn't sure about it anymore and they dropped it halfway through Elevation.

The more I think about it, the more I like the "COBL followed by Electric Co." idea. Beautiful Day followed by miracle drug makes some sense, too.

Yahweh's placement seems a bit odd to me, but that could change upon hearing it.

And BTBS --> RTSS --> Zoo Station --> The Fly --> Vertigo :drool: :happy:

And Gloria! I think I liked the idea of Yahweh and Gloria back to back, but, we'll see.

Still, though... :D

Please drop into the heart! it has to be one of U2's weakest ever songs! if you want to play something from boy whats wrong with i will follow or out of control?

Maupassant said:
The elevation version was vastly superior. The quiet intro was fantastic. That said I'm just glad to see it down as I remember the Edge saying he wasn't sure about it anymore and they dropped it halfway through Elevation.

I agree. The Elevation version of The Fly was amazing, and totally unsuited to the more laid-back atmosphere of the tour. Now, in the context of a bunch of rock songs, like we've seen above, it makes PERFECT sense.

I don't understand how you can like the Elevation version better. The song was stripped of its soul imo. IMO, Edge's falsetto in the chorus was 25-30% of the song's brilliance, it sent shivers up and down my spine. When Bono sings those lines, it's just not the same. Period. Plus, I felt the guitar was more alive in the '92 versions.

I don't think so.... The quiet intro is like poetry, and then it's just bam! ROCK'N'ROLL! It's much more heavy, much better in my opinion. And the solo was more clear, more climatic.

andyuk said:
Please drop into the heart! it has to be one of U2's weakest ever songs! if you want to play something from boy whats wrong with i will follow or out of control?

Only rarely (and I'm sure Axver can tell us the exact dates :D) has An Cat Dubh been played without Into The Heart, and to me, seems like only half a song. :) I'm sure IWF and OOC will be played, and probably frequently, throughout the tour...

I like all the rumors about Vertigo with Stories for Boys in it. :drool: If a song from Boy is played, it should be Electric Co. or Stories For Boys.

God Part III said:
I don't think so.... The quiet intro is like poetry, and then it's just bam! ROCK'N'ROLL! It's much more heavy, much better in my opinion. And the solo was more clear, more climatic.

I used to like the Elevation one better...until I listened to a Zoo boot of the Fly for the first time in a while. The Zoo version is more energetic, and yes, The Edge really does have to sing the falsetto to make the song complete.

God Part III said:

But it didn't have that PIERCING quality that it did on ZooTV, and like I said, it's just not the same when Bono sings the lines that SHOULD be sung by Edge in falsetto.

FullonEdge2 said:

I used to like the Elevation one better...until I listened to a Zoo boot of the Fly for the first time in a while. The Zoo version is more energetic, and yes, The Edge really does have to sing the falsetto to make the song complete.

Thank you. :wink:

Harbinger said:

Only rarely (and I'm sure Axver can tell us the exact dates :D) has An Cat Dubh been played without Into The Heart, and to me, seems like only half a song. :) I'm sure IWF and OOC will be played, and probably frequently, throughout the tour...

In actual fact, An Cat Dubh has NEVER been played without Into The Heart. If they play one, they play the other.

FullonEdge2 said:

no, Thank You.:wink:

I still enjoyed listening to the Elevation Fly, but long live the 'real Fly.' :drool:

I think its more like the Zoo TV Fly. But who really cares as along as it gets played again. The Fly was one of the highlights of the Elevation shows I saw when it was played as well.

Blue Room said:

I think its more like the Zoo TV Fly. But who really cares as along as it gets played again. The Fly was one of the highlights of the Elevation shows I saw when it was played as well.

Amen!

You know what would be cool? A third Fly, taking the best elements of both Zoo and Elevation.

Blue Room said:

Cool. Either way I'd be really happy.

Axver said:
You know what would be cool? A third Fly, taking the best elements of both Zoo and Elevation.

That would be a great idea!:drool:

Or maybe an entirely new version of the Fly?:eyebrow:

Axver said:

That would be cool, but I think its pretty much the Zoo TV version. They appear to be going back to the original versions of most of their old songs this time out from what I have read and been hearing.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

That would be cool, but I think its pretty much the Zoo TV version. They appear to be going back to the original versions of most of their old songs this time out from what I have read and been hearing.

Going back to the roots. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom