Please Drop the Hokey Pokey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You stick your 2 cents and shake the set list all about.

Headache, you know that Bono can no longer hit the high note when singing "that's what it's all about", so, of course the Zoo version is better.

The band needs to choose a more "Bono friendly" tune, like "row row row your boat"....I have a bootleg of them singing this in 1984 in Amsterdam.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
It's rediculous. This version of the Hokey Pokey clearly isn't as good as the Zoo TV era version. It's time to retire it.

Thoughts?

Abouloutley Agree, They murded the famous Zoo TV Version......

Funniest. Thread. I've Seen. In A While

When they get to Europe will they sing the English Hokey COKEY version rather than the US hokey POKEY???

Just so I know what to sing on the night.

Well as you probably wont recognise it from ZOO TV does it really matter?

Also i dont like how they've remixed it 4 the band - even the popmart version was better

and i think with his drug history adam will prefer the hokey cokey :p:p

Look, this band hasn't a clue how to write setlists or even play music. They lost it after War. What did you people actually expect?

The Hokey Pokey is pretty taxing to play. Maybe they should subsitute it on nights when they don't want to do the LAPOE-BULLET-SBS combo. Just replace them with the Hokey Pokey. Kinda like they do with The Ocean and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart.

you idiots need to get out of the past.

this new hokey pokey is genius. i can't believe the lack of your taste. the band has moved on.

personally, vertigo hokey pokey >>> zootv AND lovetown hokey pokey.

and no, this does not make me a blind follower of the band. you guys are just too cynical. you call yourselves U2 fans? get off this board.

some people :madspit: :mad:

Wow thats a great recording! but I WANT ZOO TV!!!!

i'll never forget the words coming up on the screens as well as snippiting 'ring a ring a roses' that night....

What are you guys talking about!!! They already have a hokey-pokey style song with Yahweh (take these hands....take these shoes...take this shirt). If this is supposedly a "back to the basics" show they should perform "If your happy and you know it" like on the October tour. This is turning into a Greatest Hits concert.

StlElevation said:
you idiots need to get out of the past.

this new hokey pokey is genius. i can't believe the lack of your taste. the band has moved on.

personally, vertigo hokey pokey >>> zootv AND lovetown hokey pokey.

and no, this does not make me a blind follower of the band. you guys are just too cynical. you call yourselves U2 fans? get off this board.

some people :madspit: :mad:

how can you be serious?

are you listening to the same song i'm listening to?? sure, the band is still tight... edge's guitar work durring the "left butt cheek in" verse is sick... but bono keeps screwing up the words. it's rediculous. for the money i'm paying, the least he can do is remember "right arm in"

ponderous... f'ing ponderous.

Lots of people thought the Hokey Pokey duet with Lou Reed was done live on Zoo TV, but Mr. Reed was, in fact, doing the hokey pokey on tape.....

Nate Dogg said:
Lots of people thought the Hokey Pokey duet with Lou Reed was done live on Zoo TV, but Mr. Reed was, in fact, doing the hokey pokey on tape.....

:mad: :mad: :mad:

At least when they did it with The Alarm on War, it wasn't pre-recorded!

what really interests me about this version of the hokey pokey is their swedish count off that they use to enter into the song...

en, tva, tre, femton!!!

B + O + W + UF + JT + RH + AB + Z + P + ATYCLB + HTDAAB = 11 studio albums... + 4 members in the band = femton!!!

coincidence? i think not.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

how can you be serious?

are you listening to the same song i'm listening to?? sure, the band is still tight... edge's guitar work durring the "left butt cheek in" verse is sick... but bono keeps screwing up the words. it's rediculous. for the money i'm paying, the least he can do is remember "right arm in"

ponderous... f'ing ponderous.

I know! I wish he would pay attention to his teleprompters. That's what they're there for!! It gets everyone confused when we're sticking the right foot in and then he asks to stick the left foot in before we stick the right foot OUT. Jeez!!

Do you think he's getting too old? Let's discuss.

Back
Top Bottom