Phoenix 4-15-05 Setlist And Comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dudas3

Babyface
Phoenix 4-15-2005 Set List

City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Vertigo/Stories for Boys
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Bad
Pride (In The Name of Love)
Where The Streets have No Name
One

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because of You
Yawaeh
"40"

bad for zoo station is a great move!

Just need to get rid of the ocean and swap it for i will follow!

I will follow or out of control would be good. I also forgot to add that we did get a snippbit of In God's Country at the end of beautiful day. All in all I thought it was very well done, the songs had a lot better flow tonight than they did last night.

Last tour they did play an acoustic version of In God's Country which was great, wish they would have done it again. It was Great to hear Gloria live though.

I just think these are incredible setlists comparing to Elevation. I can't believe they keep on playing The Fly, which is one of my favourites. Just add HMTMKMKM and I'd be a very happy man. Hope they will play it in Brussels on June 10th... :drool:

Gloria and The Ocean, Bad, snippet of In God's Country, The Fly as encore, it's getting better.

I say one of the best sets yet. Ok, maybe I'd rather hear Electric Co. than Gloria, but diversity is good.
No Zoo Station is very bad (got it?).
Honestly I'd much rather hear Zoo Station.

wow, l like those change ups. they need to keep moving things in and out like that. Bad, I hope they play it in Denver Wednesday----but then again ive never heard zoo station in person before

***SPOILER: WHINING ***

Yeah, now we have only 3 songs from the nineties. If it will be good on the next tour we'll hear only One. Awww, come on U2! Don't put Zoo Station in a rotation or bring on SOMETHING other rocky from the 90's like EBTTRT, Dirty Day, Discotheque or Gone! Don't act like most of the 90's never happend! You have 3 albums to chose songs from! Sorry that I complain, I don't like when others do that, but just 4 songs is a minimum!

PS: At least I hope in Europe we will hear something from Zooropa, Pop...

Zooropean103 said:
[B
Yeah, now we have only 3 songs from the nineties. If it will be good on the next tour we'll hear only One. Awww, come on U2! Don't put Zoo Station in a rotation or bring on SOMETHING other rocky from the 90's like EBTTRT, Dirty Day, Discotheque or Gone! Don't act like most of the 90's never happend! You have 3 albums to chose songs from! Sorry that I complain, I don't like when others do that, but just 4 songs is a minimum!

PS: At least I hope in Europe we will hear something from Zooropa, Pop... [/B]

:rockon: totally agree!! :yes:

I for few weeks didn't keep eye on show setlists.. can someone tell me, did U2 once and for all reject "with or without you" form setlists or somethimes it comes up?

Definately better than the majority of setlists from this tour in my opinion. I'd gladly sacrifice The Cry/Electric Co, Into The Heart and An Cat Dubh for Bad, Gloria, The Ocean, and New Year's Day.

They need to permanently axe Pride for alternating Bad/Until the End and maybe tinker around with the order of the songs (don't know good how a UTEOTW/Streets segue would sound)

I think they need to put Crumbs instead of Pride in the African trilogy. Imagine a great transition from Crumbs to Streets...

Agreed with djerdap. Crumbs would be better than Pride. Then change either of the Achtung songs for Until The End Of The World, swap Elevation out for Gloria so it goes: Vertigo - Cry - Electric Co. - Gloria. Perfect.
Swap Yahweh for Original Of The Species.
Keep Beautiful Day in 2nd position.

Variety is there...so attend both shows when able
I wish I did in Phoenix.

Can't imagine what's in store for Chicago and NY having mulitlple shows. Many new songs sure to emerge!

8rattoon said:
They need to permanently axe Pride for alternating Bad/Until the End and maybe tinker around with the order of the songs (don't know good how a UTEOTW/Streets segue would sound)

I'm not sure if axing pride would be a good thing, however I do think that they need to move it somewhere else in the set list. Personally I liked the transition from running to stand still to streets during zoo tv and I think that if they were to do that again and then play pride after streets it would be a lot better.

jelloe said:
Variety is there...so attend both shows when able
I wish I did in Phoenix.

I'm just about convinced that I need to see the second show in Denver now. I NEED the Electric Co. and if there's a chance I can hear Bad or Gloria at a second show, I wouldn't forgive myself for driving back home on Thursday.

Aardvark747 said:
Why does www.u2tours.com say In God's Country was played??:huh:

Oh - I get it....it was just a snippet yeah?

:madspit: The song isn't even 3mins long!! Play it ALL damn u!!!

:wink:

They only will play it in Phoenix (and I suppose Vegas perhaps). I was there for Elevation and it was really cool to hear Bono sing "Desert sky, dream beneath a desert sky" at the end of Elevation. It just fits for the crowd. I doubt they will dust of In God's Country anywhere else.

That does make me think though: how satisfying would a concert be that played a lot of the songs on the second sides of the Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby? That shows you how great those albums were, that we can sit here an wax nostalgic/yearn hopefully for the songs that weren't even close to being singles off of those albums.

Dudas3 said:
Last tour they did play an acoustic version of In God's Country which was great, wish they would have done it again. It was Great to hear Gloria live though.

I would LOVE to hear an acoustic In God's Country! Can anyone post it? I didn't know that they ever played that acoustically.

I went to Elevation here in Phoenix on the 1st leg of the tour, crowd was great & I sat in the upper level.

4 years later. I don't know what kind of fans were at the Phoenix U2 show on Friday, but they were pathetic in the upper levels! Only 2 or 3 people in my section stood when the band began playing COBL!!!! I sat back down so I wouldn't obstruct anyone's view. Even after Elevation, people were sitting down in my section & in a few of the other sections as I looked around puzzled. It was truly sad. I've never been to concert in which the crowd sat when the main band took the stage.

Unless the song was a mega-hit, they were sitting!

I don't think most of the people even knew what Gloria was! I decided to stand after the 4th song & didn't sit back down. A girl behind me said she couldn't see, but I really didn't care. By the end of the show before the encore, most of the people finally stood up, but that's only because they played 4 HITS in a row.

How sad is that? Amazing performance but a lousy Phoenix audience. Way too many casual, "I'm too cool in my Gap clothes" type people last night. Anyone else have that experience? I was in section 226.

Bono only sang the 1st verse acapella of IGC.
Oh, as soon as Larry stopped drumming at the end of 40, people went to exits instead of singing at least where I was!

Last edited:
riteshbhatt1 said:
I went to Elevation here in Phoenix on the 1st leg of the tour, crowd was great & I sat in the upper level.

4 years later. I don't know what kind of fans were at the Phoenix U2 show on Friday, but they were pathetic in the upper levels! Only 2 or 3 people in my section stood when the band began playing COBL!!!! I sat back down so I wouldn't obstruct anyone's view. Even after Elevation, people were sitting down in my section & in a few of the other sections as I looked around puzzled. It was truly sad. I've never been to concert in which the crowd sat when the main band took the stage.

Unless the song was a mega-hit, they were sitting!

I don't think most of the people even knew what Gloria was! I decided to stand after the 4th song & didn't sit back down. A girl behind me said she couldn't see, but I really didn't care. By the end of the show before the encore, most of the people finally stood up, but that's only because they played 4 HITS in a row.

How sad is that? Amazing performance but a lousy Phoenix audience. Way too many casual, "I'm too cool in my Gap clothes" type people last night. Anyone else have that experience? I was in section 226.

Bono only sang the 1st verse acapella of IGC.
Oh, as soon as Larry stopped drumming at the end of 40, people went to exits instead of singing at least where I was!

Back
Top Bottom