Original Of The Species will close the tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, I just listened to it, and it would be perfect. Yahweh is too much of a cluttered, up-tempo song to close, whereas Original has that unique, pure U2 emotion that Walk On had as well.

Good call.:yes:

Not a chance. I'll bet you this one will be in the middle of the setlist, either before or after COBL.

Listen to the Brooklyn Bridge performance. If the band keep playing it like that, it DEFINITELY won't close.

Axver said:
Listen to the Brooklyn Bridge performance. If the band keep playing it like that, it DEFINITELY won't close.

:lol: lets hope that doesnt happen. They will get the song right eventually obviously.

Closing the show? Interesting, could see it, but doubdt it will happen. I agree with Axver it will be mixed towards the middle of the setlist somewhere, similiar to what they did with Kite.

Actually, I would really like to see them be unpredictable this tour with some odd combos. So if you are right, great.

Axver said:
Not a chance. I'll bet you this one will be in the middle of the setlist, either before or after COBL.

I know they've been having trouble figuring out OOTS in terms of full-band, and I realize that the Brooklyn Bridge version couldn't possibly close.

What I'm saying is that if they can work it out to a live setting, and have that build up at the end of the song with Edge's ringing guitar, it will have the potential to be an epic closer. It has the same vibe at the end as Walk On.

I heard somebody say that Crumbs will close the show. I think that would be a really good closer, because it's uptempo, it rocks, and it has an ending that could possibly be drawn out longer. But maybe they'll rework oots so it could close the show.

I've been saying this all along. It would be perfect if they added more closure to the end of it, which if they extended it they would have no trouble doing.

yes great song, and would be beautiful if they could close the shows with this one
"Sugar come on, show your soul"

If they play it, it will be in the middle of the set.

40 was the closer at the rehearsal and nothing beats it, imo.

RademR said:
If they play it, it will be in the middle of the set.

40 was the closer at the rehearsal and nothing beats it, imo.

All of you here know I am completely supportive of setlist variance ... but 40 should close every single show.

Just play it period and I will be ecstatic! God bless the lads tonight. Here's a prayer for a successful and safe tour that carries them around the globe safely and that we all have safe travels to see them as well.

Love and Peace or Else,
JamesPaul Aidan

Back
Top Bottom