Original Of The Species

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I urge you all to listen to the performance of this at the IPod ceremony, if you haven't already. If they play it like that on tour, it will be stunningly beautiful. Also, if they do RTSS JT-Style, the two could make a hell of a combo.

But that IPod Ceremony performance of OOTS is just stunningly beautiful.

I don´t like it... Bono is unable to sing this song. That´s why they won´t play it this tour.

Yes, heared both of them. I really like the song --> actually my favorite of the album. I just hope they tune it down and I also think that Edge has to skip the synth. parts. The Brooklyn bridge version wasn´t really that great (understatement) and I´m worried they are not able to pull this one off.

whasjoewahn said:
Yes, heared both of them. I really like the song --> actually my favorite of the album. I just hope they tune it down and I also think that Edge has to skip the synth. parts. The Brooklyn bridge version wasn´t really that great (understatement) and I´m worried they are not able to pull this one off.

Bono's voice sounded amazing both times they have done it (your initial argument against them playing it), but I agree they need to figure out how to play the song.

Dalton said:

Bono's voice sounded amazing both times they have done it (your initial argument against them playing it), but I agree they need to figure out how to play the song.

sounded amazing? The part where it becomes a hit (as Bono says) sounds really over the top and also the ´under controllll - part´ is really really difficult to pull off every night. But again, if they tune it down, like they always do (One, Kite, Pride etc), it may have a change...

Thanks!!.........Listening to it now....it's toned down and I do like it but If Bono's voice cant pull it off it may be better of being left out. Such a beautiful song anyway!!

namkcuR said:
Ok I guess you're getting two of them :wink:

Sorry didnt know if you were still around and I saw that come in. I origionally wanted to hear this song, full band, close the show. Definately dont see that happening now.

How can this brilliant song be excluded for the much inferior Yahweh? Hopefully we'll get it for the europe leg.

I hope it will appear.
IMO just the piano takes too much away from the song, they should brush up the Brooklyn version - let Bono play piano and get those ringing guitar notes from Edge.

U2girl said:
I hope it will appear.
IMO just the piano takes too much away from the song, they should brush up the Brooklyn version - let Bono play piano and get those ringing guitar notes from Edge.

Yeah, Brooklyn was a good start, but I think the song can survive without the piano a lot more than it can survive without the electric guitar. If Bono can't handle the piano playing or Edge can't pull a New Year's Day, just axe the keys.

I know the song is pretty but it's going to put people to sleep or make them sit down without the Edge guitar magic.

It sure as hell won't be their "Hey Jude" without it either.

laz

Back
Top Bottom